Memory: 8192MB RAM

Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip type: GeForce 940MX
Device Problem Code: No Problem
Driver Problem Code: Unknown
Display Memory: 6040 MB
Dedicated Memory: 2010 MB
Shared Memory: 4030 MB

Let me know wich version i need to install. Mainline or Standard. I need to use os with NVIDA GPU.

use standart

Manky201

Feb 17, 2019
I think the project is short of deve that's why they are offering jobs on primera.com
I think it needs donation .

Murtpoiss

Dec 29, 2018
Getting an error on win7 3rd machine already with same error

Getting an error on win7 3rd machine already with same error
Prime os "boot record device setting failed"
photos.app.goo.gl/Mqyiju1sj3X4KtYQ8

murii

Dec 28, 2018
This fix worked for me

Hello there, I have a prime os problem in pubg where when i keymap the aim button and move the mouse around the screen totally bugs and stutters around, help would be appreciated :D

Hey pal, i had the same issue but the developer gave me a solution, in decapro settings put your sensitivity to 0 and modify the sensitivity settings in-game, it's worked for me, the only thing that bothers me is that graphics don't work so well with nvidia gtx, sometimes trees and player clothes blinks and don't run at 60fps sometimes.
In Cyber Hunter sometimes the game quits suddenly.

Magdy Yassen

Mar 13, 2015
Cairo
www.2rdroid.com
Hey pal, i had the same issue but the developer gave me a solution, in decapro settings put your sensitivity to 0 and modify the sensitivity settings in-game, it's worked for me, the only thing that bothers me is that graphics don't work so well with nvidia gtx, sometimes trees and player clothes blinks and don't run at 60fps sometimes.

how can i let os work on nvidia ?

murii

Dec 28, 2018
how can i let os work on nvidia ?

I installed the standard version because the mainline freezes when opening the apps menu due to the model of my processor (AMD A10-5800B), in my case I use the GTX 950 but sometimes the textures blink (in Cyber Hunter this happens too, until it comes to close abruptly). What version of PrimeOS do you use?

SeekN7eak

May 12, 2019
Thanks for the reply mate, i tried ur fix and it made things better but if i move the mouse around too much or too quickly it would still bug out

r41m31

Nov 18, 2015
Anadia
Great job on this. Installed on MSI Cubi N8GL with Celeron N5000. Works great … but no sound. Any way to make it work? Using HDMI for sound/video

Last edited:

dc.evil

May 19, 2019
Hi guys!

Installed PrimeOS Mainline 0.4.5 on your laptop: HP ProBook 450 G1

I liked everything, but there are some problems.

Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, microphone are not working.

Model of my Wi-Fi module: Mediatek MT7630E

Please help solve the problem? !!!

laharl_22

Jan 23, 2011
This rom work on old laptop Samsung nc10?i have installed this to GRUB but no tested yet.what can i do with this ? Im noob on Android on PC or notebook

Hangar79

May 20, 2019
installed PrimeOs, when i try to resize any apps window the Os crash and reboot
Geforce 9800GT / primeos_classic_0.4.5
Any solution? Thank you.

Last edited:

Druby13

Nov 17, 2018
I have a laptop with Intel core i5 8250u came along with Intel HD 620 GPU with additional GeFroce MX150, i try install Standart version but its stuck on detecting screen, then i try installing Mainline version with same case. On Mainline version i try run on No Hardware Acceleration mode and its run. Why its happen ? And what should i do ?
Thanks.

After hours research and try, my Prime OS only run on "nomodeset" configuration, which is my both GPU wont work.

#SOLVED
By adding "acpi=off" on grub boot configuration. Not sure which GPU is working.

Last edited:

Druby13

Nov 17, 2018
I got issue when using key mapping to play full 3d mmorpg games, D-pad (WASD) can't work together with Mouse click and/or drag when try to rotate camera in game, D-pad must be forced if i click/drag mouse. Any solution ?

Wuttodo

Aug 20, 2016
Yeah bro. Same problem it's like prime os don't support Multi-touch. They need to fixed it in next update. And also smooth move doesn't support by prime os.. When I move mouse up and down, it hardly move even in high sensitive but in Phoenix os it support smooth mouse move even in low sensitive. Coz i prefer to use low sensitive setting

Has this problem resolved? I mean there are any fix for this? I am using primeos_mainline_0.4.5
Issues I am facing.
- No Multi Touch support. (Mouse won't function sometimes while pressing any one of WASD key)
- Sluttering in mouse, tried highest and lowest sensitivity on my G400S (200/4000 dpi)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    PrimeOS.png

Blog-header.png

Team PrimeOS is pleased to present you

PrimeOS: Android For Laptop/PCs

www.primeos.in

PrimeOS is an Android-x86 based OS that provides a desktop experience on any x86 based device providing user top-of-the-line features like multi-window, taskbar, and deca-pro key mapper for gamers.

Warning: PrimeOS is a free-to-use software in its beta version and is constantly under development. We are not responsible for any kind of damage, data loss, or anything else that happens to you or your device due to PrimeOS. Please feel free to report bugs and other suggestions, we will consider them if they seem important for many users.

Feature Highlights

Desktop Experience
    • Multiple features to give a desktop experience like start menu, taskbar, etc.
    • Multi-window support with maximize, minimize, close, resize, etc.
    • Option to disable multi-window for any app in case you need.
    • General keyboard shortcuts like alt + tab, alt + f4, win + d etc.
    • Close to AOSP experience with only necessary desktop features.
    • Taskbar with the ability to pin apps, show notifications, and system icons.
    Android Gaming
    • Decapro key mapping tool to play games with keyboard and mouse (Press F10).
    • Pre mapped some popular games like PUBG, Freefire, Subway surf, etc.
    • PrimeOS Gaming Centre is available to browse recommended games.
    Others
    • Opengapps included, no need to install them manually.
    • Feedback app is available for you guys to share your thoughts.
    • OTA support is available in settings -> about the device
    • Up-streamed kernel to Linux 4.19.x / 4.14.x./ 4.9.x

Installation-2.png

Note: Use PrimeOS installer exe program for installing in windows systems. The download link is below. For non-windows systems, you can download our iso image and follow the steps below to install PrimeOS.

USB stick / Flash Drive guide:
    1. For this method, you need the Etcher / Rufus, PrimeOS iso file. We recommend you use a decent-speed USB drive (8GB or larger).
    2. For flashing PrimeOS to the USB drive, plug in your USB drive and launch Etcher / Rufus. Now select the PrimeOS iso file, create the bootable USB.
    3. Note: Be careful with the steps below and backup your data if you're not sure about what you are doing.
    4. For installing PrimeOS on your HDD/SSD/SDcard, first, create a new partition for PrimeOS ( suggested minimum size is 16GB ).
    5. Turn off the secure boot of your device and then boot up the PrimeOS USB by pressing Esc or F12, depending on your bios menu key, and selecting the PrimeOS USB to boot from.
    6. Select the ‘Install PrimeOS option from the GRUB menu.
    7. The installer will load, and you will have an option to choose which partition you created earlier. Choose it, and select Ext4 for formatting the drive.
    8. When it asks if you want to install Grub, select YES.
    9. When finished, the installer will then ask if you want to run PrimeOS, you can just reboot here, and make sure you remove the USB drive.

Do you already have PrimeOS and want to update manually? Read post #2851

Known Bugs:
    • Hardware specific bugs like the trackpad, sound, wifi may come on few devices
    • Please share bugs or suggestions if you have any, we will try to fix them
    Credits.png

This wouldn't have been possible without the Android-x86 project, please thank them before us.
    Kernel source: GitHub

Other information:
    Base android version - Nougat 7.1.2

BKQZ83P.png

Please read this post before deciding if you have to install mainline, standard or classic.

Please do not mirror without permission.

Consider donating to us to keep this awesome project up and running.

ko-fi-button.png

Get Support

telegram-logo-944.png
    Changelog, Bug reporting, Feature requests and Screenshots

Feature requests and Bug reports : Please make sure you specify your hardware specification like device model, cpu, ram, gpu etc. when reporting any problems, and for feature suggestions, please explain the reason why you need a particular feature.

PrimeOS changelog : google doc

Screenshots : taken from PrimeOS 0.4.0 BETA attached below.

Thing we are doing for future updates :
    • Reusable keys in decapro keymapping, one key at multiple places (available since 0.4.0)
    • Better gamepad support in decapro keymapping
    • Better use of right click and keyboard shortcuts everywhere (ongoing)
    • Simulation of zoom in and zoom out gesture using ctrl + mouse wheel (available since 0.4.5)
    • Better installer with legacy support(available since 0.3.5)
    • More hardware (wifi, trackpad etc.) support
    • More stability and features
    Important announcement (Updated on Feb 16 2019)

Hello everyone, we will soon release PrimeOS 0.4.3, as you all know, we normally release both 32 bit and 64 bit variants, but starting from PrimeOS 0.4.3, this has changed, we will now have three variants depending on hardware, please read below very carefully and decide which one suits you best.

Note - We are not releasing OTA for 0.4.3 since we want every user to install the correct variant for their hardware.

1. PrimeOS Mainline 64 bit (for newest systems 2014+) -
      Use this variant only if you have a cpu which was manufactured in or after year 2014, For example -> [ Intel Core i series 5th gen or above OR Intel celeron N4000 OR AMD A8 7410 etc. ] Also make sure that your CPU has SSE 4.2 instruction support, just enter your cpu model on google and you can find all this info easily. This variant of PrimeOS will work well for both Intel and AMD GPUs, however, if you use a desktop and have a Nvidia GPU, you should not use this variant as it will cause lockups and will lead to freezes, but if you have a laptop, your Intel gpu will work well instead of Nvidia. In case you get any graphic glitches on this variant, you should switch to PrimeOS Standard.
      This variant of PrimeOS will be using 4.19 kernel and 18.1.0 mesa, once you install this variant of PrimeOS, you will always get OTA of this variant only, in case you want to switch to the other variant (for older systems), you must re-install PrimeOS.​
    2. PrimeOS Standard 64 bit (for newer systems 2011+) -
      Use this variant only if you have a cpu which was manufactured in or after year 2011, For example -> [ Intel Core i series 2nd gen or above OR Intel celeron N3350 OR AMD A8 5550M etc. ] Also make sure that your CPU has SSE 4.2 instruction support, just enter your cpu model on google and you can find all this info easily. This variant of PrimeOS will work well for Older Intel, AMD, Nvidia GPUs.
      This variant of PrimeOS will be using 4.14 kernel and 17.1.10 mesa, once you install this variant of PrimeOS, you will always get OTA of this variant only, in case you want to switch to the other variant (for older systems), you must re-install PrimeOS.​
    3. PrimeOS Classic 32 bit (for older systems) -
      Use this variant if you have a cpu which was manufactured before year 2011, For example ->[ Intel Core i series 1st gen or below OR Intel Pentium dual core OR Intel Pentium G620 OR AMD Phenom II X6 1100T etc. ] Just enter your cpu model on google and you can find this info easily. This variant of PrimeOS will work well for all Old Intel, Old AMD and Old Nvidia GPUs. This version will also work on 32-bit systems, In case you cannot boot this variant of PrimeOS, you should try using PrimeOS standard or mainline.
      This variant of PrimeOS will be using 4.14 kernel and 17.1.10 mesa, once you install this variant of PrimeOS, you will always get OTA of this variant only, in case you want to switch to the other variant (for older systems), you must re-install PrimeOS.​
    Pubg Blackscreen Fix on some devices:

Starting from v0.3.0 everything is automatically done.

Old method for v0.2.2 or older

• Go to Settings > PrimeSettings
    • Go to GPUTools
    • Select PubgMobile from apps list (make sure it is already installed)
    • Select Pubg Blackscreen fix from the option
      Screenshot_20181119-155502.jpg
    • Enjoy playing PubgMobile on PrimeOS

Make any app open fullscreen by default
    • Go to Settings > PrimeSettings
    • Go to MultiWindow
    • Uncheck the app for which you want to disable the multiwindow.
    • Enjoy the app in fullscreen
    Hey guys,

Thank you all for giving us the support and love. Upon a lot of requests we are thinking about releasing an official 32 bit image.
    Also there will be a new experimental build which will be coming with latest cutting edge linux mainline kernels i.e. it will be having the latest up to date device drivers.
    The experimental build will not be inline with the current stable-BETA releases but will follow a different release pattern.

It will be coming with the following differences:

• Latest PrimeOS system patches
    • Latest mainline kernel
    • Any new experimental PrimeOS system features

This will also help us making the OS stable in a faster and efficient manner.
    Stay tuned
    GuneetAtwal