FORUMS

[ROM] ZTE Grand X View 2 (K81) Root and Stock firmware

2,187 posts
Thanks Meter: 7,792

By deadman96385, Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer on 22nd February 2019, 12:34 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
3rd May 2019, 02:54 AM |#21  
OP Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Flag Saint Paul, Minnesota

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by s_021

Deleting the files also fails. The error is {ERROR: handleProgram:8615 'ddr.img' not found. You could possibly try --notfiles=ddr.img,OtherFileToSkip.bin (note, exiting since you specified --noprompt)

Adding back ddr.img, the error is
{ERROR: handleProgram:8666 Filesize is 0 bytes. This is usually a mistake!! Please check 'C:\ZTE\rogers\ddr.img'

Remove ddr from the rawprogram0.xml as well sorry forgot that part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s_021

Decided to try the k81tool to just root instead, but I'm getting the same Failed:unknown error as others have posted.
(Using VM stock firmware)

---------- Post added at 11:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:14 PM ----------

If you put in a non-Rogers sim, does it attempt to do a hard reset or just the usual reboot?
thanks

The unknown error is fine its gonna print it a ton but let it do that for a few minutes and it will finish.
3rd May 2019, 06:54 PM |#22  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I edited the rawprogram0.xml and removed the section referencing ddr.img. Qfil can run now but then stops at 5.49% and seems to be hanging. There was a message during the process that read "FILE ACCESS SLOW", so I switched usb cables. Same result though, stuck at 5.5%. In task manager, the QFIL processes are all using 0% cpu so it doesn't seem to be doing anything.
I also tried a factory reset first, but no change.
The last line in the log :
INFO: {percent files transferred 5.50%}

---------- Post added at 06:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:14 PM ----------

I can confirm the tool to root the device works on the VM stock. The command window messages don't appear as if it ran successfully, but it does.
I added the Magisk Module Low Ram Property Patcher (Android Go enabler) even though it was designed for Android 8.1. Can't tell if it changed anything...
21st May 2019, 06:46 AM |#23  
Android Pie for K81?
First of all, thanks for all the work you've done on the K81

Secondly, in my search for a ROM to install after using your kit, has anyone seen of or heard about this? The video says it can install PIE on the K81. LIke all good skeptics, if it's too good to be true...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VC1w6n-5tQ

or this?
http://androidpie9.com/zte-grand-x-v...-0-pie-update/

Thanks.
1st July 2019, 07:32 PM |#24  

More
You can upload the firmware (Rogers B05 Firmware) to your Google Drive and send it to me.
Because I can't connect to "androidfilehost" in China
17th October 2019, 04:40 PM |#25  
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Never thought there'd be root for this tablet. Will there ever be a twrp? I would compile twrp for this tablet if i knew how
26th October 2019, 11:45 PM |#26  

More
Is there any way to get S-OFF on this device? I need to unlock the NAND portion of my device and AdAway says its locked.
29th October 2019, 03:10 AM |#27  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Whoa this interesting.
Is there any way this can become compatible with the ZTE Blade V8 Pro? I've had this device for about 3 years, and I've been constantly trying to root it since I bought it.
29th October 2019, 09:19 AM |#28  
OP Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Flag Saint Paul, Minnesota

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sethfoxen

Whoa this interesting.
Is there any way this can become compatible with the ZTE Blade V8 Pro? I've had this device for about 3 years, and I've been constantly trying to root it since I bought it.

It depends on if the blade V8 pro does partition signature verification or not. If it does then edl flashing will cause the device to boot loop until you flash stock firmware.

I do have it's firehose here https://github.com/programmer-collec...ee/master/Z978 and if needed I can probably grab a copy of its edl firmware. But I don't own the device so that's the best I could do.
29th October 2019, 12:06 PM |#29  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadman96385

It depends on if the blade V8 pro does partition signature verification or not. If it does then edl flashing will cause the device to boot loop until you flash stock firmware.

I do have it's firehose here https://github.com/programmer-collec...ee/master/Z978 and if needed I can probably grab a copy of its edl firmware. But I don't own the device so that's the best I could do.

Yo! Give me links and stuff to the stock firmware, and I will test it!

EDIT: Actually, I don't need links just instructions and a tool to back up my own boot partition, and then I can patch it with Magisk myself.
10th December 2019, 08:48 PM |#30  

More
I've been playing around with this for a bit, and I'm not really making much progress. I'm not a programmer or anything, just a little reckless.
My end goal is to backup the firmware for my ZTE Blade V8 Pro, patch it with Magisk, and then flash it back so I can get root.
I've gotten the phone to be recognized by QFIL while in edl mode, but I'm at a loss for what to do now.
I probably don't have the correct tools, and I DEFINITELY don't know exactly what I'm doing
I downloaded the V8 Pro firehose from the link you've provided, and used the directions in the main post for QFIL. Just replacing with the V8 mbn.
But of course I don't have the V8 Pro stock files, so I can't select the rawprogram0.xml and patch0.xml, so I've pretty much hit a roadblock.
Is there a way for me to use the k81 exe in order to backup the boot partition, and then patch that with magisk, and reflash it? I assume the k81 exe is compiled to only work for the Grand X View 2,
because its failing at sending the programmer with an "unknown error". I assume I would have to substitute the k81 mbn with my V8 mbn, which is why it's failing to send the programmer.
Is it possible for me to get a custom build of the k81 exe, using the V8 Pro programmer instead? Just to see if I can even backup anything.
8th January 2020, 09:28 PM |#31  
Thanks Meter: 13

More
has anyone tried building twrp for this device?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
x-view-2

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)