FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM] ZTE Visible R2 Stock firmware

2,175 posts
Thanks Meter: 7,775
 
By deadman96385, Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer on 1st March 2019, 06:55 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
17th July 2019, 01:00 AM |#11  
Bowsa2511's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 75
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by famewolf

Your elite google-fu obviously exceeded my own. Please make that sharable if you can....megaupload.nz would hold it and is free.

https://mega.nz/#!aRo0CaBA!nm37c3V11...-_f6gID8i3HjSY

Let me know if it's helpful
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bowsa2511 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Bowsa2511 Ad-Free
17th July 2019, 04:52 AM |#12  
famewolf's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,317
 
Donate to Me
More
DISREGARD. Looks like out of date info.
17th July 2019, 08:40 AM |#13  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
Any of you able to get fastboot working on it? ADB works, but my fastboot doesn't detect the phone.
17th July 2019, 08:57 AM |#14  
deadman96385's Avatar
OP Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Flag Saint Paul, Minnesota
Thanks Meter: 7,775
 
Donate to Me
More
Nice looking out, just ordered one.
17th July 2019, 06:06 PM |#15  
Member
Thanks Meter: 8
 
More
Using one of the hidden activities app from the play store. There is an option to change from LTE to 2G/3G/4G under one of the phone settings. But calling still did not work with either AT&T or T-Mobile.
17th July 2019, 06:56 PM |#16  
Member
Flag Marquette, MI
Thanks Meter: 43
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by famewolf

Good Luck finding the A0722 firmware (that's the model androidpolice thinks this is a renamed version of).

Just a heads-up: even if you found the files for the A0722, you'd brick your R2 if you managed to flash them. The chassis and screen seem to be the same, but they're completely different specs-wise. Given that the A0722 has a different SoC and an eMMC chip 2-4x larger, I doubt you'd get real far in the flashing process in the first place.
17th July 2019, 07:01 PM |#17  
famewolf's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,317
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by FEGuy

Just a heads-up: even if you found the files for the A0722, you'd brick your R2 if you managed to flash them. The chassis and screen seem to be the same, but they're completely different specs-wise. Given that the A0722 has a different SoC and an eMMC chip 2-4x larger, I doubt you'd get real far in the flashing process in the first place.

In my case my main goal was to use it and the factory software to learn about mbn files. I've dealt with LG's TOT and KDZ files but not the mbn's. Thanks for giving folks the warning though.
17th July 2019, 08:34 PM |#18  
Member
Flag Marquette, MI
Thanks Meter: 43
 
More
Would it be possible for someone to grab the download URL for whatever OTA update is available for the device? I don't think it's anything major but I'd like to poke around at it; the firmware uploaded here seems to be from launch.
18th July 2019, 05:57 AM |#19  
famewolf's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,317
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by FEGuy

Would it be possible for someone to grab the download URL for whatever OTA update is available for the device? I don't think it's anything major but I'd like to poke around at it; the firmware uploaded here seems to be from launch.

I've got a logcat recorder queued up to be installed and will try to grab an url by starting the download. If that fails there are a couple of alternatives....someone who has DONE the upgrade could rip the rom and make it available if @deadman96385 can point to some instructions on how to rip the rom.

Also you can always let your own upgrade occur because he's already provided the original software and QFIL which would let you restore to original factory and get the update again.

As a last resort I can grab the log from my ROUTER that the phone is connected to and try to get the url that way which I've had to do with SOME devices.
18th July 2019, 07:28 AM |#20  
Member
Flag Marquette, MI
Thanks Meter: 43
 
More
I'll probably end up taking the OTA again anyways as I've been messing around with the firmware from the first post. Honestly, I'd really recommend staying away from flashing it without a good reason. Even when the flasher works, either the logging and/or the flasher hangs and it's close to impossible to tell which without unplugging your phone. If a partial flash leaves you in a state where you can't get to ADB to boot to EDL mode, you'll have to boot into diagnostics mode, use a piece of Chinese software to boot from there back to EDL, and within five seconds or so, close that software and start the flashing process from QFIL before the com port stops responding to requests, leaving you to reboot the phone and start again.

I've been trying to get non-LTE networks and calling working, but it's entirely impossible to tell whether my tweaks are having unintended side effects or if the flashing just crapped out partway through, even when I'm just flashing single partitions.
18th July 2019, 08:03 AM |#21  
deadman96385's Avatar
OP Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Flag Saint Paul, Minnesota
Thanks Meter: 7,775
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by FEGuy

I'll probably end up taking the OTA again anyways as I've been messing around with the firmware from the first post. Honestly, I'd really recommend staying away from flashing it without a good reason. Even when the flasher works, either the logging and/or the flasher hangs and it's close to impossible to tell which without unplugging your phone. If a partial flash leaves you in a state where you can't get to ADB to boot to EDL mode, you'll have to boot into diagnostics mode, use a piece of Chinese software to boot from there back to EDL, and within five seconds or so, close that software and start the flashing process from QFIL before the com port stops responding to requests, leaving you to reboot the phone and start again.

I've been trying to get non-LTE networks and calling working, but it's entirely impossible to tell whether my tweaks are having unintended side effects or if the flashing just crapped out partway through, even when I'm just flashing single partitions.

I'll be posting B12 firmware shortly, you may have better luck with miflash it's another edl flashing tool designed for xiaomi but it works on anything.

Edit: Posted B12 firmware as well as the ZPI file so you could use the ZTE MultiDL tool to flash as well if desired.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
zte-visible-r2

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes