Post Reply Email Thread
Lumigon T3 Root, Recvery, etc

This OP = Lumigon T3 Gerneral Info.
post #2 = Root and Recovery
post #3 = Other Info as & when available

Youtube:

Device Info:
Manufacturers Product Description
Designed in Denmark The T3 is made from marine-grade 316 stainless steel and damage resistant Corning® Gorilla® Glass 4 for premium look and feel. Every unique feature has been created to meet a genuine need. Every design aspect and choice of material are well thought through and serve a practical purpose.
Our designer Audio headset with smooth shapes are a perfect fit and included in the package.
Camera's The remarkable 13MP/4K camera with dual tone flash has a very fast PDAF (Phase Detection Autofocus) technology. The dedicated camera key on the side gives quick access to the camera, while the volume buttons can be used to zoom in and out.
Front The T3 has a 5MP/2K front-facing camera, which is equipped with a flash, which allows taking clear selfies, having a video call or using the Mirror app even in dark environments.
Night Vision Camera The T3 is first smartphone in the world to come equipped with a Night Vision camera. It allows any kind of night recordings and makes invisible objects in the dark visible.
Rear Touch Panel The BackTouch panel can be used to swipe photos and scroll websites. The integrated camera release on the BackTouch is very convenient when taking selfies.
Vault App Secure and encrypted Vault is a unique Lumigon app where images, contacts, confidential notes, PINs, apps etc. can be stored and remain private if you don't want others to see your sensitive data. Vault is not only for storing; you can also send and receive text messages and calls directly from the Vault app. All your Vault data is encrypted and secured with a PIN.
One-press access ActionKey This key can be customised to turn on/off the flashlight, open an app, etc. Actions can be activated by either a short press or a long press. The ActionKey can be used even if the screen is off.
Universal remote control With its infrared receiver and transmitter, the phone can be used as a remote control for TV, audio, video etc. You can also copy commands from your existing infrared remote controls into the memory of T3. The remote control app has a predefined selection of remote-control profiles including MAC and B&O products that you can adjust and personalize with different colours.
Notification light The T3 can be set to notify with a discrete light if there is a new mail in your inbox, a new message or a missed call.
Handwave function The Hand-wave feature allows answering phone calls without touching the phone. If you accept a phone call, the sensor activates the speakers and microphone automatically. You can also use Hand-wave for swiping the photos in the gallery app, snoozing the alarm, etc.

Devices Spec's:
Lumigon T3 full specifications
GENERAL
Release date June 2016
Form factor Touchscreen
Dimensions (mm) 137.00 x 69.00 x 7.90
Weight (g) 145.00
Removable battery No
Colours Black, White, Orange, Gold
DISPLAY
Screen size (inches) 4.80
Touchscreen Yes
Resolution 720x1280 pixels
HARDWARE
Processor 2.2GHz octa-core
Processor make MediaTek Helio X10
RAM 3GB
Internal storage 128GB
Expandable storage No
CAMERA
Rear camera 13-megapixel
Rear Flash Dual LED
Front camera 5-megapixel
Front Flash Yes
SOFTWARE
Operating System Android 6.0
CONNECTIVITY
Wi-Fi Yes
Wi-Fi standards supported 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac
GPS Yes
Bluetooth Yes, v 4.10
NFC Yes
Infrared Yes
USB OTG Yes
Headphones 3.5mm
FM No
Number of SIMs 2
SIM 1
SIM Type Nano-SIM
GSM/CDMA GSM
3G Yes
4G/ LTE Yes
Supports 4G in India (Band 40) No
SIM 2
SIM Type Nano-SIM
GSM/CDMA GSM
3G Yes
4G/ LTE Yes
Supports 4G in India (Band 40) No
SENSORS
Compass/ Magnetometer Yes
Proximity sensor No
Accelerometer Yes
Ambient light sensor Yes
Gyroscope Yes
Barometer No
Temperature sensor No

My Own Thoughts:
Well for me this devices is a absolute bargain and the steal of the century!!!
I paid Just $99 USD for this phone and I have even seen it as low as $79!!! I really expected to receive a complete fake but to my total disbelieve it seems to be 100% genuine
Lumigon sadly went bankrupt and while I feel bad for Lumigon and it's employees it seems their loss is my gain/gift.
I can only Guess that the Chinese OEM Producer is dumping them in the hope they can re-coupe their costs because this device must cost way more than circa $99 to produce.
I read on 4PDA that some are saying these phones are fake but from my investigation of the 3 devices I purchased (1 from coolicool and 2 from efox they are NOT fakes nor are they refurbished.
All the hardware works 100% so for some manufacturer to produce a "Fake" with all this hardware packed into one device would be nut's and would probably loose money selling them at this price anyway so for me they do seem to be 100% genuine bankrupt stock.
I doubt these devices will stay around long at those prices so for those of you lucky enough to get one well done!!
So here are the downsides as I see them.
1. No OEM support, Firmware Updates, official Spares, Accessory's and of course no source code.
2. The Battery: The battery is small for such a feature packed phone so if your a super heavy social media addict who has the everything switched on with your face permanently fixed to the screen awaiting the next "like" or "comment" while wearing your over the ear beats and playing some heavy graphics game then this is probably not the phone for you.
For me it's just fine as I only use my phones for Calls, Texts, a little web browsing and check my emails 2 or 3 times a day.

Please feel free to participate in this thread by helping out other users, sharing firmware's, Tips and tricks etc etc etc.

Can I Please kindly request that no one ask's about SPFLASHTOOL as a quick few second's search of google youtube and XDA will reveal all there is to know about What it is, How to use it, Where to get it from and How to install the MediaTek drivers.
Also no posts about Xposed please because this has it's own thread but If you really need to discuss it then please start your own thread.
Installing Xposed creates too many variables and the amount of hours I have spent chasing none existing problems trying to help other user's who didn't declare they were using Xposed is unreal I don't use it so I will never be able to reproduce any bugs you may get.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to bigrammy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bigrammy Ad-Free
17th September 2018, 01:55 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Flag huddersfield
Thanks Meter: 2,391

More
Root and TWRP Recovery
Usual Warning: Everything is at your own risk and I take zero responsibility for bricked devices etc etc etc.

Download the provided .zip Mega Link HERE
New updated TWRP.img at the bottom of this post.

Before you start I would advise you to do a "Read Back" (Backup) of your device using SPFlashTool
Instructions on how:
Open the SPFlashTool folder and find the file named "options.ini" and open it using Notepad ++.
Find the Line
Code:
[ReadBack]
ShowByScatter=false
and change it to
Code:
[ReadBack]
ShowByScatter=true
If this line does not exist at all then just add it.
Now save it and exit Notepad ++
Open SPFlashTool and load the scatter.txt you extract from the .zip then go to the read back tab and select the parts you wish to backup.
Do Not Back Up userdata as 128GB is very big and will likely cause errors
I recommend you back up these preloader, nvram, lk, logo, boot, recovery and system as these should suffice for most eventuality's.
These back up's will be saved in the root of the SPFlashTool Folder and auto named rom0 rom1 etc etc just check the scatter.txt and find the corrosponding sys# to see which each one is
eg: ROM0 = SYS0 = Preloader.

Warning all data will be wipe so back up what you value:
1. Extract the downloaded .zip
2. Open SPFlashTool
3. Choose "Download Only"
4. Load the custom made scatter file "Lumigon-T3-MT6795_Android_scatter.txt" into SPFlashTool
5. Place a cross in boot, recovery and userdata then in the empty "location" box's double tap and choose the T3-twrp.img, userdata.img and Magisk patched_boot.img provided in the .zip
6. Now hit the download button.
7. After it's done disconnect the phone and wait a few minutes then start the phone.
NOTE: For some reason the patched boot.img of magisk v17 did not do the usual restart during the first boot for me so if this happens (Gets stuck on the white T3 Logo) then force power off and restart it. After this it boots fine but please allow 10 mins for the first boot.
Install the latest stable Magisk Manager app HERE and your done.
You can reboot to recovery to check TWRP is working fine too.

Please Note: I did not unlock the bootloader or even try so it's either unlocked by default or the signed images do the trick.
Bootloader getvar after flashing TWRP and Patched Boot.img
Code:
[email protected] ~ $ fastboot getvar all
(bootloader) 	max-download-size: 0x8000000
(bootloader) 	partition-size:flashinfo: 1000000
(bootloader) 	partition-type:flashinfo: raw data
(bootloader) 	partition-size:userdata: 32000000
(bootloader) 	partition-type:userdata: ext4
(bootloader) 	partition-size:cache: 1a800000
(bootloader) 	partition-type:cache: ext4
(bootloader) 	partition-size:system: 79000000
(bootloader) 	partition-type:system: ext4
(bootloader) 	partition-size:tee2: c60000
(bootloader) 	partition-type:tee2: raw data
(bootloader) 	partition-size:tee1: 500000
(bootloader) 	partition-type:tee1: raw data
(bootloader) 	partition-size:expdb: a00000
(bootloader) 	partition-type:expdb: raw data
(bootloader) 	partition-size:frp: 100000
(bootloader) 	partition-type:frp: raw data
(bootloader) 	partition-size:logo: 800000
(bootloader) 	partition-type:logo: raw data
(bootloader) 	partition-size:para: 80000
(bootloader) 	partition-type:para: raw data
(bootloader) 	partition-size:secro: 600000
(bootloader) 	partition-type:secro: raw data
(bootloader) 	partition-size:recovery: 1000000
(bootloader) 	partition-type:recovery: raw data
(bootloader) 	partition-size:boot: 1000000
(bootloader) 	partition-type:boot: raw data
(bootloader) 	partition-size:lk: 60000
(bootloader) 	partition-type:lk: raw data
(bootloader) 	partition-size:seccfg: 40000
(bootloader) 	partition-type:seccfg: raw data
(bootloader) 	partition-size:protect2: a00000
(bootloader) 	partition-type:protect2: ext4
(bootloader) 	partition-size:protect1: a00000
(bootloader) 	partition-type:protect1: ext4
(bootloader) 	partition-size:nvram: 500000
(bootloader) 	partition-type:nvram: raw data
(bootloader) 	partition-size:proinfo: 300000
(bootloader) 	partition-type:proinfo: raw data
(bootloader) 	partition-size:preloader: 40000
(bootloader) 	partition-type:preloader: raw data
(bootloader) 	off-mode-charge: 1
(bootloader) 	warranty: yes
(bootloader) 	unlocked: no
(bootloader) 	secure: yes
(bootloader) 	kernel: lk
(bootloader) 	product: HTT6795_LWT_M
(bootloader) 	version-preloader: 0.1.00
(bootloader) 	version: 0.5
all: Done!!
finished. total time: 0.005s

Please take note of My firmware version which is v3.2P.273.306 and is shown in the screenshots below if yours is different the outcome may be very different from mine so think before you do anything.
Experimental notes and observations by other users are most welcome.

Some Screenshots:

TWRP Updated: Same version but with some minor fixes and code cleanup. (13th Dec 2018)
Click the SHOW button below to view link.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bigrammy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bigrammy Ad-Free
17th September 2018, 01:57 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag huddersfield

More
Other Info as & when available
How to enter Recovery?
Most of this is just the standard MediaTek way of doing things but for those not familiar with MediaTek here are the Methods for various things

Methods for Recovery Mode:

1. Phone Powered OFF:
With the Phone off Press and keep Held the Volume + (up) key, now press and keep held the Power Key until you see the Lumigon Logo then release the Power button only.
Keep the Volume + pressed until you see the TWRP Splashscreen or the Stock Recovery.
You can now release all buttons.

2. Boot to Recovery from System:
In Settings goto /About phone/Build number and tap it several times until you see "Your now a developer" toast,
now go back and choose the new /Developer option from there choose USB debugging.
You must have ADB and Fastboot drivers setup on your PC already so please use google to find out how to do that.
Now open your cmd promt or terminal and type
Code:
adb devices
You will get a popup on your phones screen which ask's about trusting the PC place a tick in the always box and press OK.
You should now see something like "012345ABCDEF Device" in your cmd/terminal window If you do then it's working and your good to go.
Now you can enter
Code:
adb reboot recovery
and the Phone will reboot to recovery.
3. Apps from the Play Store Normally need root permission and If your already rooted then I am sure you will be used to using such app's anyway.

Methods for Fastboot Mode:

NOTE: Fastboot communication is disabled in firmware version v3.2P.291.340
In the previous firmware version v3.2P.273.306 fastboot works fine.

1. Phone Powered OFF:
With the Phone off Press and keep Held the Volume - (Down) key, now press and keep held the Power Key until you see "Fastboot" in very small letters in the lower left corner of the screen.
You can now release all buttons.
As with adb type
Code:
fastboot devices
this should return something like "012345ABCDEF Device" If it does your good to go.

2. To Leave fastboot mode with no communication unplug the USB cable Now press and hold the Power Button until the phone turns off.

3. To Leave fastboot mode with communication enter
Code:
fastboot reboot

Actual device Info as read by the DevCheck Hardware and System Info app while in (root) mode.
Code:
DevCheck Report

Lumigon
T3

Sep 21, 2018 12:03
Uptime: 12h 43m 59s
Deep sleep: 3h 32m 46s (27%)

HARDWARE
Mediatek Helio X10
Hardware: MT6795
Cores: 8
CPU:
4 x Cortex-A53
4 x Cortex-A53
Process: 28 nm HPM
Frequencies:
403 MHz - 1950 MHz
Not available
Governor: interactive

GRAPHICS
Vendor: Imagination Technologies
GPU: PowerVR Rogue G6200
OpenGL: OpenGL ES 3.1 build [email protected]
Resolution: 1280 x 720
Screen density: 305.95932 ppi
Screen size: 4.8 in / 122 mm

RAM
RAM size: 3.0 GB
Type: LPDDR3 933 MHz
Bandwidth: 14.9 GB/s
Channels: 32-bit dual channel

OTHER HARDWARE
Bluetooth support: yes
Bluetooth LE support: yes
USB host support: yes
Infrared transmitter: yes
NFC support: yes

DEVICE
Model: Lumigon_T3
Codename: Lumigon_T3
Manufacturer: Lumigon
Serial Number: 0123456789ABCDEF

SYSTEM
Android Version: 6.0 (Marshmallow)
Build: 3.2P.273
Security patch: March 1, 2017
Root access: Device is rooted
Architecture: aarch64 (64-bit)
Instruction sets: arm64-v8a armeabi-v7a armeabi
Kernel: 3.10.72+ #1
[email protected]
gcc version 4.9.x-google 20140827 (prerelease) (GCC) 
Mon Mar 20 13:56:58 CET 2017

BATTERY
Technology: Li-ion
Health: Good
Capacity (reported by system): 2285 mAh

NETWORK
MAC address: "NO NEED TO KNOW"
5GHz band support: yes
Operator: "NO NEED TO KNOW"
Phone type: GSM

CAMERA
Resolution: 13.0 MP (4160x3120)
Focal length: 3.79 mm
35mm equivalent focal length: 28.3 mm
Sensor size: 4.65x3.45 mm
Crop factor: 7.5x
Field of view: 63.0°
Pixel size: 1.11 μm
Focus modes: auto, macro, infinity, continuous-picture, continuous-video, manual, fullscan
Flash modes: off, on, auto, red-eye, torch
Image format: JPEG
Front Camera: 4.9 MP (2560x1920)

Lots more to follow soon.
The Following User Says Thank You to bigrammy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bigrammy Ad-Free
19th September 2018, 06:52 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 19

More
Root and TWRP Recovery,Lumigon T3
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigrammy

This is reserved for the future.

what version of Lumigon T3 firmware do you have? if the latter can not be shared?
19th September 2018, 08:50 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag huddersfield

More
The firmware version is in the screenshot images as already stated Please try to be more clear in what you are asking me as I really don't understand your question. Regards bigrammy
EDIT:
Firmware Version is 3.2P.273.306
@hanuma
My TWRP works 100% including the OTG.
It would be nice if the guys on 4PDA would at least give some credit by name and hit my Thanks Button.
The Following User Says Thank You to bigrammy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bigrammy Ad-Free
20th September 2018, 08:50 PM |#6  

More
Quote:

The firmware version is in the screenshot images as already stated Please try to be more clear in what you are asking me as I really don't understand your question. Regards bigrammy
EDIT:
Firmware Version is 3.2P.273.306
@hanuma
My TWRP works 100% including the OTG.
It would be nice if the guys on 4PDA would at least give some credit by name and hit my Thanks Button.

does nfs work for you?wireless charging?there is an opportunity to share bekapa firmware Version is 3.2.273.306
Thanks
what version of SP FlashTool was used for firmware?
Thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to vic.prophet For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift vic.prophet Ad-Free
20th September 2018, 11:58 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Flag huddersfield

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vic.prophet

does nfs work for you?wireless charging?there is an opportunity to share bekapa firmware Version is 3.2.273.306
Thanks
what version of SP FlashTool was used for firmware?
Thanks

NFC works but seems not to be stable because it does work when I share app information between devices but it "fails to complete" when sharing things like photo's
I will investigate this more when I get some time.

I cannot test the wireless charging as I do not have the hardware available to me to do such tests maybe another user could help you on this one.

Are you on a different firmware Version to 3.2P.273.306 If so what is your version?

I could share a backup of the v3.2P.273.306 but I would need to fully test the backup and restore functions myself to ensure everything works perfect before I could release it which maybe a few days away because I am still using the phone on a daily basis to see how it performs in the real world before I start trying to modify things.

Edit:
Forgot to mention that I use SPFlashTool version v5.1752 for Linux.
21st September 2018, 02:47 PM |#8  

More
Quote:

NFC works but seems not to be stable because it does work when I share app information between devices but it "fails to complete" when sharing things like photo's
I will investigate this more when I get some time.

I cannot test the wireless charging as I do not have the hardware available to me to do such tests maybe another user could help you on this one.

Are you on a different firmware Version to 3.2P.273.306 If so what is your version?

I could share a backup of the v3.2P.273.306 but I would need to fully test the backup and restore functions myself to ensure everything works perfect before I could release it which maybe a few days away because I am still using the phone on a daily basis to see how it performs in the real world before I start trying to modify things.

Edit:
Forgot to mention that I use SPFlashTool version v5.1752 for Linux.

do contactless payments work?
21st September 2018, 03:08 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Flag huddersfield

More
Quote:

do contactless payments work?

I don't know as I do not use contactless payments plus I am rooted so it probably would not work in any case.
I take it you do not have the Lumigon T3 or you would know for yourself if these features work or not?

Given that using the T3 with the stock rom and not rooted I would guess that contactless payments should work as only a small amount of data is exchanged between devices. The NFC seems to struggle with larger amounts of data such as photos but like I have said I have not had chance to thoroughly test it yet and to be honest it's pretty low on my priority list as I mostly never use NFC anyway.
23rd September 2018, 03:04 PM |#10  

More
nfc (contactless payments) does not start due to lack of a certificate
how can I launch Android Pay?

but there is some update that eliminates bugs with NFC
23rd September 2018, 04:14 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Flag huddersfield

More
Quote:

nfc (contactless payments) does not start due to lack of a certificate
how can I launch Android Pay?

I do not know anything about contactless payments Google Wallet / Android Pay etc etc.
I do not link any of my portable devices to anything involving my Money or bank details not even paypal or ebay of obvious reasons.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
lumigon-t3

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)