OP Senior Member
Flag huddersfield
Thanks Meter: 2,390

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vic.prophet

nfc (contactless payments) does not start due to lack of a certificate
how can I launch Android Pay?

I do not know anything about contactless payments Google Wallet / Android Pay etc etc.
I do not link any of my portable devices to anything involving my Money or bank details not even paypal or ebay of obvious reasons.
23rd September 2018, 04:24 PM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 19

More
new update like fixes bugs and with file transfer by NFC
23rd September 2018, 05:24 PM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 63

More
I'm close to by a lumigon but I'm afraid of the battery autonomy. I've a doogee mix and the battery longs to 1,5 day of hard use. And in this lumigon the battery in heavy use how longs is the autonomy? Any chance to upgrade the android?
23rd September 2018, 10:09 PM |#14  
OP Senior Member
Flag huddersfield

More
Quote:

new update like fixes bugs and with file transfer by NFC

The firmware in your screenshot is 3.2P.268.299 which older than the firmware on my device 3.2P.273.306 so it is not a New update but a old one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Botandroid

I'm close to by a lumigon but I'm afraid of the battery autonomy. I've a doogee mix and the battery longs to 1,5 day of hard use. And in this lumigon the battery in heavy use how longs is the autonomy? Any chance to upgrade the android?

This type of question is impossible to answer because everyone uses their phones differently.
As I already said in the OP I would not recommend this device for heavy users as you would probably not even get a full day of use.
I get a 1.5 days maximum use but I am a light user with No social media, games, etc, etc I just make a few calls, sms, light web browse and play some music about 40 > 80 minutes a day.
I turn OFF WiFi, Data, NFC and Location (GPS) when not in use.

There is very little chance of a Android upgrade unless someone can find the Kernel source code
Maybe a ex Lumigon dev may come by and leak us a copy of it

The only other slim to zero chance would the M.A.D Team buying Lumigon T3's for their own use.
26th September 2018, 01:03 AM |#16  
Thanks Meter: 63

More
Wow! Another firmware! Any chance to oreo?
27th September 2018, 08:23 AM |#17  
OP Senior Member
Flag huddersfield

More
Quote:

The firmware LUMIGON-T3_3.2P.291 https://yadi.sk/d/t_Sm8AVWq7mUPg
topic on the phone https://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?s=&s...ost&p=77373253

Thanks for this vic.prophet
I view 4PDA on a regular basis as that forum seems to be a lot more active than here on XDA
I am not sure why there is so little interest in this device especially considering the premium quality and low price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Botandroid

Wow! Another firmware! Any chance to oreo?

As said already there is no kernel source code for this device.
I cannot find any OEM's that use this SoC (mt6795) running anything above Android 6.0 so I think MediaTek probably abandoned the SoC at 6.0 (MM)
A very very skilled dev like @superdragonpt or @fire855 maybe able to construct a working kernel from various other mt6795 MM kernel source code. Even if this could be done it's unlikely we could find the drivers for the night-vision camera and maybe other hardware.
The Following User Says Thank You to bigrammy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bigrammy Ad-Free
29th September 2018, 04:48 PM |#18  
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Quote:

Has anyone been able to download this firmware? I've tried and I'm told I need to create a Yandex account. I've done this but I am then told that my account has been restricted and I need to enter my telephone number to continue. I put in my telephone number, and entered the pass code, logged out and in again but I still get the same message about my account is restricted and I need to give my telephone number to continue. I put in my telephone number (again) enter the pass code from the text message (again), log out, log in... Well you get the idea. I can't download the file. If anyone can put it in some other drive sharing site I'd be grateful. I'd like to update my firmware an hopefully this will include the fix for Google Pay so I can continue to use the Lumigon. Otherwise I'll have to look for another 'phone.

---------- Post added at 04:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:09 PM ----------

Quote:

topic on the phone https://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?s=&s...ost&p=77373253

Actually I managed to download the file from Yandex. The second time I created a new account BEFORE attempting to download the file, giving a mobile number as part of the sign up procedure. This allowed me to access the file. I should point out that I used a mobile number other than mine to complete the sign up procedure, one that allows reception of SMS messages via the internet.

The file doesn't seem to be a traditional 'Update' file though. It is a .rar file which once decompressed shows a number of ROM_1, ROM_2, etc. files. there is no 'Scatter' file either. Can anyone enlighten me how I apply this update please?
30th September 2018, 11:26 AM |#19  
OP Senior Member
Flag huddersfield

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkstevo

The file doesn't seem to be a traditional 'Update' file though. It is a .rar file which once decompressed shows a number of ROM_1, ROM_2, etc. files. there is no 'Scatter' file either. Can anyone enlighten me how I apply this update please?

Hi mkstevo,
The Updated firmware version is a "Read Back" (Back Up) using SPFlashTool. I described how to do this in the OP also how to identify what's what so please re read the OP and ensure you have a good understanding of what your dealing with.
If you don't understand a specific part then just ask.

The new firmware as posted is not fully flash-able by SPFlashTool it needs to be "trimmed" to make a SPFlashTool "Device Recovery ROM"
I will do this when I find a little time.

EDIT: It seems @hanuma has already done this Posted it on needrom
Needrom now wants me to pay for using this service even though I contributed to their database of ROM's and Recovery's!!!

Hopefully @hanuma will share it with us
If not then I will have to do it myself later on when I get a little time.
30th September 2018, 12:55 PM |#20  
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigrammy

Hi mkstevo,
The Updated firmware version is a "Read Back" (Back Up) using SPFlashTool. I described how to do this in the OP also how to identify what's what so please re read the OP and ensure you have a good understanding of what your dealing with.
If you don't understand a specific part then just ask.

Many thanks, in truth I was expecting a more 'standard' update.zip file that could be applied using the 'update from local file' facility in recovery mode. I hadn't understood your post relating to updating using this file as I don't understand what I'm doing and this is (a long way!) out of my skill set.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigrammy

The new firmware as posted is not fully flash-able by SPFlashTool it needs to be "trimmed" to make a SPFlashTool "Device Recovery ROM"
I will do this when I find a little time.

EDIT: It seems @hanuma has already done this Posted it on needrom
Needrom now wants me to pay for using this service even though I contributed to their database of ROM's and Recovery's!!!

Hopefully @hanuma will share it with us
If not then I will have to do it myself later on when I get a little time.

I have used SpTools before, but that has always been with a manufacturers update file that I've then been able to unpack and repack less the bloatware then flash to my device. I've not been able to figure out how to use the required tools to create a backup file from a 'dump' such as this one. I did have a look yesterday, but couldn't make any sense of it.

If the file on needrom does allow Google Pay to work I'd be happy to pay for a membership to allow me to download it. While $3 isn't a lot, if Google Pay still doesn't work, and/or I still can't figure out how to use the file, it is a waste!

Thanks for your kind reply, I apologise for being too dense to be able to understand fully what you say, I'll keep my eyes on this thread and hope that @hanuma or yourself are kind enough to share your intelligence with those of us who are less than blessed in the Android flashing department.
The Following User Says Thank You to mkstevo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mkstevo Ad-Free
30th September 2018, 02:40 PM |#21  
OP Senior Member
Flag huddersfield

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkstevo

Many thanks, in truth I was expecting a more 'standard' update.zip file that could be applied using the 'update from local file' facility in recovery mode. I hadn't understood your post relating to updating using this file as I don't understand what I'm doing and this is (a long way!) out of my skill set.

Hi,
No problem I will do the necessary and upload it.
I do recommend you make a nvram backup using SPFlashTool though prior to doing any mods or flashing as this is unique to your phone (imei's etc etc etc)
Check Post #2 "Before you start" instructions.
The Following User Says Thank You to bigrammy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bigrammy Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
lumigon-t3

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)