Post Reply Email Thread
30th September 2018, 02:40 PM |#21  
OP Senior Member
Flag huddersfield
Thanks Meter: 2,390

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkstevo

Many thanks, in truth I was expecting a more 'standard' update.zip file that could be applied using the 'update from local file' facility in recovery mode. I hadn't understood your post relating to updating using this file as I don't understand what I'm doing and this is (a long way!) out of my skill set.

Hi,
No problem I will do the necessary and upload it.
I do recommend you make a nvram backup using SPFlashTool though prior to doing any mods or flashing as this is unique to your phone (imei's etc etc etc)
Check Post #2 "Before you start" instructions.
The Following User Says Thank You to bigrammy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bigrammy Ad-Free
30th September 2018, 08:28 PM |#22  
OP Senior Member
Flag huddersfield

More
Hi @mkstevo

Here is the LUMIGON-T3-v3.2P.291.340.zip I have made this from the SPFlashTool backup posted by meizuman on the 4PDA forum so thanks to him for this.
I have not tested the ROM myself so it's at your own risk.
The ROM is made to be flashed using SPFlashTool which you say your used to working with already.
Let me know how you get on.

EDIT:
Full ROM Flashed in "Download" mode with no issues to report.
It take's around 10 mins to boot to the "Welcome Screen" so please be patient.
I have not taken the rom any further than the welcome screen as yet till I install TWRP and root the ROM.

Note: When flashing it maybe necessary to hold Volume Down (-) button to get the phone to connect with SPFlashtool. Once connection is achieved you can release the button.
I use the Linux Version of SPFlashtool and it can be a little buggy so these oddities may not affect others.

Other Notes and observations:
1. After flashing Magisk and setting up my phone as a "new device" I noticed that the google apps were not auto updating as expected but all were "pending"
I suspected Magisk had something to do with this so installed the latest versions of both and rebooted then opened the Magisk Manager app and bingo the google app's started to Auto updated.
So I now recommend to Always Use the Latest stable version of Magisk and the Magisk Manager app which can be got from the OP of the Magisk thread Here look for Downloads in blue and download the "Latest Stable" and "Latest Magisk Manager"

2. Notifications from Gmail, Calendar, etc etc were not coming through so tried all the usual stuff but nothing worked Turns out the fix was simple in the end.
Go to /settings/Battery/ and Turn OFF "Enable doze mode" which is on by default. You will now get your notifications almost instantly now.

3. The only real visual difference I have noticed is the Lumigon Launcher now shows the "Home" screen apps in full colour instead of Gray Scale also the google search box is showing on the "Home" screen by default.

4. I am on 3 UK network and was stuck on 3G so I had to go to /settings/Mobile data/preferred network type and toggle "4G recommended" a few times before it eventually switched to 4G from 3G. I have had this on other devices too so maybe it's a 3 UK thing as EE seems to connect to 4G from the very start.

I will add any further observations as I notice them.
1st October 2018, 08:33 AM |#23  
OP Senior Member
Flag huddersfield

More
Russians on 4PDA
I have read some of your statements on 4PDA about this device been fake or built from spare parts etc etc this is a complete nonsense these are simply bankrupt stock the OEM factory or Official Receiver has disposed of to try re-coupe some of the Money spent by Lumigon on the Manufacture of these devices.

I am usually very sceptical and I was with this device too but I have to say IT'S a genuine 100% Lumigon T3 probably minus the final QC check and adding of a individual serial number.

As said in my OP building a fake of this quality would cost more than what is been charged for the phone so that argument does not make any sence.

I bought 3 and all are identical and I believe all are 100% genuine Flashing the stock ROM of meizuman's 100% Genuine T3 without bricking my phone just proves it genuine.

EDIT:
By the way FM is not enabled in the kernel. Please review the project.config file to see what is enabled and what is not.
Code:
MTK_FMRADIO_APP = no
MTK_FM_50KHZ_SUPPORT = no
MTK_FM_CHIP =
MTK_FM_RECORDING_SUPPORT = no
MTK_FM_RX_AUDIO =
MTK_FM_RX_SUPPORT = no
MTK_FM_SHORT_ANTENNA_SUPPORT = no
MTK_FM_SUPPORT = no
MTK_FM_TX_AUDIO =
MTK_FM_TX_SUPPORT = no
The Following User Says Thank You to bigrammy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bigrammy Ad-Free
1st October 2018, 08:23 PM |#24  
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Many thanks to bigrammy, I have been able to complete the update kindly provided, using SPFlash. Sadly, it doesn't seem to have enabled Google Pay for me, I see the same message about my 'phone being potentially rooted. Google Play Protect lists my device as being 'not certified'. Possibly any licence that Lumigon had, has not been renewed?

My version is correctly displayed as 3.2P.291, with an Android patch date of 1st March 2017.

I should add that for anyone else contemplating updating, be sure to have a minimum of 75% charge before starting. I applied all portions of the files that bigrammy provided, apart from the User data and the cache. My 'phone, once the update had been downloaded, took almost an hour to restart. Partially due to the fact that the storage was encrypted (taking twenty minutes or so) when the 'phone started, and then all the Apps required 'optimising' which took another age, with two or three reboots in between. Once applied and restarted, I had no other problems. All my Apps appear to work correctly, all information appears to be present and everything does initially feel a lot smoother and quicker.

I probably won't use the 'phone though as it isn't quite as good as my Smartisan at anything it does. If I'd been able to get the 'Tap and Pay' working, it would have been worth keeping it, but as that still doesn't work, it will be back to the Nut Pro.

I'd like to repeat my thanks to bigrammy, I really appreciate your generosity in sharing your work.
The Following User Says Thank You to mkstevo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mkstevo Ad-Free
1st October 2018, 10:45 PM |#25  
OP Senior Member
Flag huddersfield

More
Quote:

Many thanks to bigrammy,

When or If you un-root or use Magisk hide follow these tips HERE cts profile check needs to be passed also.
2nd October 2018, 07:50 PM |#26  
Thanks Meter: 19

More
Recovery firmware
https://mega.nz/#!Qh9hBBrC!YeMTGcz8-...enXC8RMXzt2eRo Made on the basis of backup LUMIGON-T3_3.2P.273.306
https://mega.nz/#!9gVS1a4b!X5rk2fCTQ...Bn30hIjeFrOtZA Made on the basis of backup LUMIGON-T3_3.2P.291.340

https://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?s=&s...ost&p=77510569 explanations for firmware and recovery
The Following User Says Thank You to vic.prophet For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift vic.prophet Ad-Free
2nd October 2018, 07:53 PM |#27  
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigrammy

When or If you un-root or use Magisk hide follow these tips HERE cts profile check needs to be passed also.

Thanks again but I have not rooted my Lumigon? As delivered with the original OS, Google Pay failed to work giving the same message which claimed that my 'phone was a security risk, as have all my Chinese 'phones with NFC. It has been suggested that as use of Google within China is not encouraged, the manufacturers do not submit them for testing unless they plan to export them, which many of the smaller Chinese manufacturers such as Smartisan don't.

A pity as I liked the look of the 'phone and had an orange one on order from Lumigon when it was originally announced. I cancelled it following many delays in delivery and many broken promises by Lumigon. It does look and feel great, but time has moved on in the years since introduction and Lumigon never caught up. If they had been able to supply me that orange one when I ordered it, they'd have been one sale further from insolvency... And I'd have an €806.25 hole in my wallet. (January 2017)
2nd October 2018, 09:40 PM |#28  
OP Senior Member
Flag huddersfield

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vic.prophet

Recovery firmware
https://mega.nz/#!Qh9hBBrC!YeMTGcz8-...enXC8RMXzt2eRo Made on the basis of backup LUMIGON-T3_3.2P.273.306
https://mega.nz/#!9gVS1a4b!X5rk2fCTQ...Bn30hIjeFrOtZA Made on the basis of backup LUMIGON-T3_3.2P.291.340

https://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?s=&s...ost&p=77510569 explanations for firmware and recovery

Thanks vic.prophet I made my own SPFlashTool firmware for the LUMIGON-T3_3.2P.291.340 from the same source and I posted it in #22

People should understand that ones you have posted are RECOVERY firmware's and they must carefully select the correct partitions.
You can wipe the nvram with the above 2 firmwares and and it will be replaced with a generic nvram minus the IMEI's so be careful...
These should only be used if your device is totally screwed.

Quote:

they'd have been one sale further from insolvency... And I'd have an €806.25 hole in my wallet. (January 2017)

No problem bet your sure glad you cancelled it now and saved 700 Euro's
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bigrammy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bigrammy Ad-Free
12th October 2018, 08:43 PM |#29  
Thanks Meter: 19

More
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kdH...Qx9TKFpYr/view mod-revision based on the latest stock software version 3.2P.291.340 from Dhanvantari
fixed bugs
https://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?s=&s...ost&p=77457940 specification

---------- Post added at 08:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:39 PM ----------

https://yadi.sk/d/J7B-BZOUEXnmOQ Firmware 3.2P.291.340

https://yadi.sk/i/KKqUWmyfI4z7mg instruction

https://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?s=&s...ost&p=77336906 link to the firmware on the forum
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to vic.prophet For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift vic.prophet Ad-Free
30th November 2018, 11:50 PM |#30  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
T3
T3 totally rocks

lets keep hacking it
The Following User Says Thank You to s4goa For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift s4goa Ad-Free
1st December 2018, 06:46 PM |#31  
OP Senior Member
Flag huddersfield

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by s4goa

T3 totally rocks

lets keep hacking it

Yes it does
So surprised just how quiet this Lumigon T3 thread is.
I am working on a few tweaks and customisation just now and will post it when I am happy with everything.
All based on the stock ROM of course due to a lack of Kernel source.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
lumigon-t3

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)