FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Root] [Recovery] Oppo F3 Plus & R9s Plus - Twrp & SuperSU

1,366 posts
Thanks Meter: 240

Post Reply Email Thread
So sorry to say this but this only method works in WINDOWS 7 and for Marshmallow ROM ONLY
Supported Devices: Oppo F3 Plus (CPH1613EX) & Oppo R9s Plus (CPH1611EX)
Caution:
Please disable Antivirus for any false Detections

Screenshots

TWRP Recovery:

1. Download Drivers and install them (Disable Signed Driver Enforcement)
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1T6...fOHR8vTOzRisvs
2. Download Oppo R9s Plus/F3 Plus Marshmallow Firmware (CPH1611EX_11_A.16_180106) and Extract it using Winrar/7-zip into a seperate FOLDER
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xo-...1mocfl53s/view
2.1 Also Download Oppo A57 Firmware and extract it anywhere you like
https://drive.google.com/uc?id=0B_0X...xport=download

3. Download TWRP Recovery - Keep the recovery img in the same folder as of extracted firmware folder and make sure recovery file name is set to "recovery.img"

Twrp 3.1.1-0 (Latest) - Material Theme and Inbuilt Super SU Root available for easy rooting BUT Chinese language
Download and Extract only recovery.img and place it under firmware folder. u can delete other files.

To change the chinese language to english please download and flash this zip But in English language you will not get Super SU Root option to root the device from built-in twrp. you have to download SU zip now. So root directly from chinese language and then flash the english language zip to be on safe and easy side
https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=817550096634752414

Twrp 3.1.0-0 (old) (RECOMMENDED) -
Normal appearance of twrp and no inbuilt SU (sometimes it prompts to install SU, if you decline once, it won't prompt again) and totally English language. Most importantly you can flash opposite OTA updates (ozip) via this twrp

4. Run the MsmDownloadTool from A57 Firmware folder and you will get Session Timeout error. just ignore it and close the software
4.1. Now run MsmDownloadTool from our F3 plus firmware folder and uncheck "Reset After Download"

5. Switch off ur Mobile and Hold Vol down + Vol Up simultaneously and Plug the usb to pc
5.1 After plugging to pc, open device manager and expand PORTS section and make sure the device is detected as "Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008 (COM xx)". if not you have drivers issues!

6. Press F5, uncheck all options except Recovery and double click on Recovery option and select the recovery.img from firmware folder.

7. press Start and Flashing will be success (Green color message). press stop and unplug the usb

8. Press and hold Vol Up and Power Button and release them when it vibrates. NOW IMMEDIATELY after seeing oppo logo AGAIN PRESS Vol up + Power button to Power Off your device to prevent booting!!!! (If you fail to turn off your device, mobile will boot and will auto restore the stock recovery. so you will have to re-flash the twrp again)

9. Now press Vol Down + Power button to Enter into TWRP

BONUS - Stock Recovery & New OTA Update

Stock Recovery build: CPH1611EX_11_A.16_180106
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1u2...qz_iMHAYMpwrwJ

New Build Version: CPH1611EX_11_A.18_180413

Flash this zip via twrp. if it gives error 7 please ask in comment section
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1UA...EpBsZhW9UepafY
else, flash this ozip from stock recovery
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1u2...8adYWkqBjXgdq3

ROOTING
Screenshot: No more red line

Boot into TWRP by Holding Vol Down + Power Button

TWRP 3.1.1.0 - Go To Advanced option (Last but one option), Tap on last option: Super SU Root and Swipe to flash

UNROOT: just uninstall the SuperSU app to remove root

TWRP 3.1.0.0 - Download this zip and copy to storage and flash it

UnRoot: Open SuperSU>Settings>Full UnRoot.

Note: After Rooting via twrp your device might reboot twice. dont worry. its not a bootloop. its a sign of success

XPOSED FRAMEWORK - Fix Red Statusbar Warning
Screenshot:

1. Download and add extension (.zip)

2. Boot into TWRP and flash the xposed framework zip and reboot (Reboot will take about 15mins. Please dont think its a Bootloop. Have a nap)
3. Install XposedInstaller 3.1.1 apk AND Hookcoloros_1.1_2_new.apk
4. Open ColorsOs3.0 app and make sure all the options (toggles) in chinese are Enabled or leave it as deafult or if you know chinese you can choose what you want
5. Open Xposed Framework > Modules > Enable ColorOs module that you have installed now
6. Reboot. Thadaaaa. No more Red warning statusbar
Note: Flashing Xposeduninstall zip will uninstall the xposed framework. Also, if something went wrong and gone bootloop after installing the xposed framework then use this uninstaller zip to fix the bootloop. bootloop wont occur but just telling this on safety thing

Video Tutorial:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6yQWCSLZt4

Optional:
IMEI Backup

goto twrp and backup EFS partition
you can also backup using this easy method via pc : https://forum.xda-developers.com/one...s-one-t3150883

CREDITS:
Xda, Baidu, bbs.7to.cn
used couple of links and very useful thread: https://forum.xda-developers.com/and...h1611-t3609586
@Rimo4099 for sharing 100% working twrp recovery.img
@john_david9000 - For sharing valuable information
@wuxianlin - He is the one who ported twrp
@cjkimlaysico - he gave the instructions to run the msm tool (hard part)
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to iHeymanth For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift iHeymanth Ad-Free

25th April 2018, 06:19 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
does this have the red line on the notification bar after root anymore? recommend me sth we can do after root this phone pls ty so much ☺
25th April 2018, 06:31 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Vizag

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by verydp1

does this have the red line on the notification bar after root anymore? recommend me sth we can do after root this phone pls ty so much

yes, Statusbar will turn into Red saying Root is enabled but i havent tried fixing by myself

However i have found a way to FIX IT <3

Please check the OP again. im updating the fix
The Following User Says Thank You to iHeymanth For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift iHeymanth Ad-Free
25th April 2018, 07:52 AM |#4  

More
i can't access the download link for msm download tools, help pls sir
25th April 2018, 08:53 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Vizag

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shepherd80

i can't access the download link for msm download tools, help pls sir

damnnn. something is not legal by sharing that specific file maybe bcoz of paid or cracked content. idk

first please try to flash with stock msmdownloadtool.exe which u get by extracting firmware. if it doesnt work then you need cracked msmdownload tool
25th April 2018, 04:15 PM |#6  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by iHeymanth

yes, Statusbar will turn into Red saying Root is enabled but i havent tried fixing by myself

However i have found a way to FIX IT <3

Please check the OP again. im updating the fix

ty so much. and btw show me sth we can do after root
and is this similar to remove the yellow line "develope mode..." ?
26th April 2018, 01:33 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Vizag

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by verydp1

ty so much. and btw show me sth we can do after root
and is this similar to remove the yellow line "develope mode..." ?

show you what ? i dont understand ur first line.
yes, similar to remove the yellow line but not yellow line. just similarly red line will remove. we can also remove the captcha codes and yellow warning lines of developer options etc.. im figuring out to test in f3 plus
26th April 2018, 06:42 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by iHeymanth

So sorry to say this but this only method works in WINDOWS 7 and for Marshmallow ROM ONLY

Caution:
1. Please disable Antivirus for any false Detections
2. After getting Rooted, the statusbar will turn into Red cautioning about root access

check the screenshot

Note: Downloading Firmware is an Optional thing to Install only Recovery. If you want to install both Rom and Recovery then Download the firmware files too

TWRP Recovery:

1. Download Drivers and install

2. Download Oppo F3 Plus Marshallow Firmware and Extract it using Winrar/7-zip into a seperate FOLDER
3. Download the Tool. zip (extract it) and Recovery.img and place it under the Firmware's FOLDER (step2)
msmdownloadTool link is down. find the cracked tool in google or crack the stock tool manually by this tutorial : techzai.com/crack-msmdownload-tool/
4. Switch off ur Mobile and Hold Vol down + Vol Up simultaneously and Plug the usb to pc
5. Run the MsmDownloadTool and Load the extracted Firmware from folder (.ofp)
6. Press F5, uncheck all options except Recovery and double click on recovery to Browse the recovery.img
7. press Start and Flashing will be done.

Holding Vol Down + Power Button will boot into Recovery
To Avoid Signal Loss/ IMEI Missing in future, please boot into twrp and take a backup of EFS Partition

ROOTING

Boot into TWRP by Holding Vol Down + Power Button and Flash the SU or Magisk
find the zip somewhere in xda. i will post it later. sorry

Please check the Video tutorial for this Rooting process
I will try to post a clean video tutorial. stay tuned!

FIX to Red Statusbar Warning (Screenshot)
1. Download the zip below and extract them

2. Boot into TWRP and flash the xposed framework zip and reboot
3. Install XposedInstaller 3.1.1 apk AND Hookcoloros_1.1_2_new.apk
4. Open ColorsOs3.0 app and make sure all the options (toggles) in chinese are Enabled
5. Open Xposed Framework > Modules > Enable ColorOs module that you have installed now
6. Reboot. Thadaaaa. No more Red warning statusbar
Note: Flashing Xposeduninstall zip will uninstall the xposed framework. Also, if something went wrong and gone bootloop after installing the xposed framework then use this uninstaller zip to fix the bootloop. bootloop wont occur but just telling this on safety thing

Video Tutorial:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6yQWCSLZt4

CREDITS:
Xda and Developers who made all these zips/apks
@Rimo4099 for sharing the 100% confirmed recovery.img, video tutorial, screenshot and installation steps
@john_david9000 - For sharing valuable information to confirm the source of this recovery img
@Wuxalin - according to info that John david provided me, i believe this recovery is exactly same as OPPO R9S recovery by wuxalin

Thank you for the mention, honestly I just said a few details only. We need people like you to shed some light on these unloved phones. XDA community thanks you heartfully for your contribution.
The only thing I can say is : Go Forth, and plant the Nougat to the ground herewith. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . It's time for Nougat to be rooted.

Also just like to confirm that MSMDownloadTool works for Windows 10 too, as proved by this article and video : http://www.techzai.com/crack-msmdownload-tool/
28th April 2018, 11:46 AM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Flag Vizag

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by john_david9000

Thank you for the mention, honestly I just said a few details only. We need people like you to shed some light on these unloved phones. XDA community thanks you heartfully for your contribution.
The only thing I can say is : Go Forth, and plant the Nougat to the ground herewith. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . It's time for Nougat to be rooted.

Also just like to confirm that MSMDownloadTool works for Windows 10 too, as proved by this article and video : http://www.techzai.com/crack-msmdownload-tool/

i think i have the nougat recovery. testing in progress now. will let you know

edit: tested nougat recovery of r9s/r9sk but FAILED
tested windows 10 method of flashing via MiFlash tool. flashing goes success but mobile keeps vibrating but no life
tested twrp 3.1.1.0 and 3.1.0.0. both are working fine but the latest twrp is in chinese language. will figure out to change its language
only windows 7 with msmdownload tool method is working.
2nd May 2018, 05:06 PM |#10  
OP Senior Member
Flag Vizag

More
Good news:
Root > Magisk v16.0(latest stable) is working flawlessly

Will update OP with magisk installation steps

note: backup ur internal memory in advance xD xD
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iHeymanth For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift iHeymanth Ad-Free
4th May 2018, 10:44 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Hi, i recently update my oppo F3 plus (CPH1613EX_11_A.18_180413 marshmallow), and i try to root it using this method, it's always boot on the stock recovery when i finish (i did step by step every single world you said).
I think that's a security renforcement about this version of colorOs, i wonder if there is a way ton downgrade to the last version without losing my data (lots of apps), because i did root it whit the version that i had once.
Thanks you
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled1.png
Views:	930
Size:	173.8 KB
ID:	4492830   Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.png
Views:	926
Size:	184.4 KB
ID:	4492831   Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled3.png