Here im explaining detail method of rooting Coolpad Note 5 Nougat/Marshmallow.
YOUR WARRANTY IS NOW VOID
IM NOT RESPONSIBLE IF YOU HARD/SOFT BRICK YOUR MOBILE.
Step:1 Enable USB Debugging
*If you have already enabled, then skip this step. Otherwise follow this,,,
- First of all Go to Settings>About Phone
- Then you see "Build Number"
- Click on Build number 7 times (screenshot)
- Now developer options is enable
- Open Settings>Developer option
- Then find USB Debugging, and Enable it
Step:2 Root and Install Magisk Manager
- Connect Your mobile to PC, and Select "Transfer files" mode
- Now download this Package and Extract on Desktop >>
*transfer recovery folder from zip to your mobile internal storage
- Install Magisk Manager, and openrp.apk from apk folder
- After both installed, open "openrp app". Then restart your phone.
- After restart, disconnect and reconnect usb cable, and choose "Transfer Files" mode
- Now open cmd.bat file from adb folder inside extracted zip.
- Now black window will appear.
- First type "adb shell" and hit enter
- It will show dialogue box on mobile about ADB USB Debugging, click on allow this computer and ok. (screenshot)
- Now you see on computer that "CP3600I:$" printed on that black cmd screen.
- Ok. Close that cmd.bat screen and re open it.
- Type "adb remount" and hit enter
- Type "adb push magisk /system/bin" and hit enter
- You see that some KB/s was transferred.
- Now Type "adb shell" and hit enter
- You see "CP3600I: #" so If you see "#" character then it means you are root.
- Now type "magisk su" and hit enter
- Then you can press "CTRL+C"
- Then type "audioelectric start" and hit enter
- Then type "audioelectric setDM" and hit enter
- Open Magisk Manager app. Since that apk is old version you will see UPDATE on magisk app screen
- Update magisk and reopen it, You see "INSTALL" button, click on it
- You see magisk***.zip to Install, so Click on "Direct Install (recommend)" option.
- After it will download zip, and took 3 minute to make root permanent. (screenshot)
- After reboot, Open Magisk manager app and you see its completely rooted your mobile
Step:3 Install Recovery
- Install "Flashify" app from Playstore
- Open it and Backup your current Kernel and Stock recovery
- Now go to Flash tab and choose "Recovery Image" (screenshot)
- Select "Choose files", and navigate recovery.img file from that recovery folder from zip file (previously extracted in step-2)
*if you are marshmellow user then select--twrp-marshmellow.img
*if you are nougat user then select--twrp-nougat.img
- Flash and reboot
- After reboot it will open twrp.
- Again reboot your phone so you see home screen.
*However this tutorial is simple, many new people dont know or understand how to root. so i wrote step by step.
*If you cant able to root, then you did not follow those steps correctly. So read/follow it carefully.
*Coolpad Note 5 Users/Dev group on Telegram >> https://t.me/joinchat/JBAXXBGIoLRlSoD3Zrscyw (pls Join this)
TonyStark (for root method)
Kuber (for recovery)