Thanks Meter: 142

By physwizz, Senior Member on 5th August 2019, 10:35 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
7th August 2019, 06:36 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 56

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhjhjhjhjhjh

Bought a Moto g7 and the g7 power ..I rooted both within 10 min from purchase. Motorola emailed me my bootloader unlock code . Fastboot flashed and Bam good to go. I'm done .

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^THIS ALL DAY. I swapped mine out for the G7 Power and already done rooted, flashed, and wrote a guide while all the 205u users are waiting for the mythical OEM Unlock to magically appear which it ain't gonna. Sammy can kiss my techie ass...we are officially divorced. I won't even go back and buy an old Sammy like I wanted to (was thinking about getting that S7 edge). It's me and Moto for now.
7th August 2019, 10:42 PM |#12  
OP Senior Member
Sydney

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhjhjhjhjhjh

Yeah tried that option. Samsung has our model on a bootloader 2, means our device won't accept flashing from any other firmware but the original non-modded firmware only.
Tried prince Odin,patched Odin all versions, tried Heimdall etc..
Error is ...boot secure check failed..
I've tried to flash firmware a205G only with fail error Everytime.

Psa I've had my a205u for 10 days no OEM unlock option.

Main reason why I'm not buying another Samsung phone.
Bought a Moto g7 and the g7 power ..I rooted both within 10 min from purchase. Motorola emailed me my bootloader unlock code . Fastboot flashed and Bam good to go. I'm done .

Maybe Samsung has an issue with US tariffs.
7th August 2019, 11:36 PM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 1,606

More
Samsung have certainly turned an essentially good piece of hardware into a pile of rubbish with mega-invasive bloatware. I have barely started to strip back the garbage and the phone is springing to life. Need a working TWRP before getting too keen as the path back to functionality is long and arduous without a way of restoring partitions if anything gets screwed up. Here is what the phone looks like with Google Play junk removed plus a bit of Samsung bloat removed - not everyone is ready to kick the Alphabet addiction I know, but it has become an absolute monster that eats battery and cpu cycles....apart from the privacy invasion side of it
I am finding that many unknown, non-visible apps with innocent sounding names or "security" inferred in the name are likely to be ad server or data mining software - I got wise to this with my first and last Xiaomi device
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190808-082130_Device care.jpg
Views:	268
Size:	67.6 KB
ID:	4803133   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190808-082153_MyAndroidTools.jpg
Views:	268
Size:	222.9 KB
ID:	4803134  
8th August 2019, 12:01 AM |#14  
OP Senior Member
Sydney

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jajk

Samsung have certainly turned an essentially good piece of hardware into a pile of rubbish with mega-invasive bloatware. I have barely started to strip back the garbage and the phone is springing to life. Need a working TWRP before getting too keen as the path back to functionality is long and arduous without a way of restoring partitions if anything gets screwed up. Here is what the phone looks like with Google Play junk removed plus a bit of Samsung bloat removed - not everyone is ready to kick the Alphabet addiction I know, but it has become an absolute monster that eats battery and cpu cycles....apart from the privacy invasion side of it
I am finding that many unknown, non-visible apps with innocent sounding names or "security" inferred in the name are likely to be ad server or data mining software - I got wise to this with my first and last Xiaomi device

I used titanium backup first. Now I'll debloat.
8th August 2019, 09:23 AM |#15  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by physwizz

Maybe Samsung has an issue with US tariffs.

The US doesn't have an issue with South Korea on tariffs, despite Trump's big mouth.

The problem is that Sammy wants to be essentially Apple Android. And that is what's driving this crap in the same of "security". Knox has been like the devil and even sentient since it came to power almost like Skynet. And all of this started when Verizon offered Sammy big bucks to lock it down ala Kyocera with the S5 era - which coincidentially is the last great breath of air they had to give.

They don't care about the developer models either - look in the forums, many of them are just as locked down.

Sammy knows ain't that many phone companies left in the US; Tmobile done bought out half the cell companies and AT&T got the other half in a duopoly, meaning they and other companies can continue this path of nanny phones on the general public that are going for more personalized computers they can't control than actual phones that work. Most Americans aren't going to turn to GooPhone nor will many XDA devs develop any type of TWRP or rom for those types. And that means they can dangle a bells and whistle carrot while their demographic signs their privacy away.

I ain't a fan of Lenovo-Moto, but at least they let half the phone companies unlock the variant to their devices. Sammy, on the other hand, does not and is playing Xiaomi type of games on that bootloader.
8th August 2019, 11:45 AM |#16  
OP Senior Member
Sydney

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Articul8Madness

The US doesn't have an issue with South Korea on tariffs, despite Trump's big mouth.

The problem is that Sammy wants to be essentially Apple Android. And that is what's driving this crap in the same of "security". Knox has been like the devil and even sentient since it came to power almost like Skynet. And all of this started when Verizon offered Sammy big bucks to lock it down ala Kyocera with the S5 era - which coincidentially is the last great breath of air they had to give.

They don't care about the developer models either - look in the forums, many of them are just as locked down.

Sammy knows ain't that many phone companies left in the US; Tmobile done bought out half the cell companies and AT&T got the other half in a duopoly, meaning they and other companies can continue this path of nanny phones on the general public that are going for more personalized computers they can't control than actual phones that work. Most Americans aren't going to turn to GooPhone nor will many XDA devs develop any type of TWRP or rom for those types. And that means they can dangle a bells and whistle carrot while their demographic signs their privacy away.

I ain't a fan of Lenovo-Moto, but at least they let half the phone companies unlock the variant to their devices. Sammy, on the other hand, does not and is playing Xiaomi type of games on that bootloader.

I find it strange that the US version is the only one that can't unlock the bootloader.
The rest of us are all unlocked and rooted.
8th August 2019, 06:10 PM |#17  

More
Quote:

I find it strange that the US version is the only one that can't unlock the bootloader.
The rest of us are all unlocked and rooted.

It aint strange, its common. Before it was locked exclusively to Verizon; after the S3 it became more and more carriers. Then the dev models started being locked up but "open".
9th August 2019, 12:23 AM |#18  
OP Senior Member
Sydney

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Articul8Madness

It aint strange, its common. Before it was locked exclusively to Verizon; after the S3 it became more and more carriers. Then the dev models started being locked up but "open".

Mine is locked to Vodafone but I can still unlock the bootloader.
9th August 2019, 03:25 AM |#19  
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 52

More
Quote:

Same here.

Did you mod your param.tar (to change the warnings at startup) file by any chance? Would you be able to attach it at all? I was gonna download the firmware but it's taking 9 hours.

Thanks.
9th August 2019, 06:30 AM |#20  
OP Senior Member
Sydney

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by burningcreation

Same here.

Did you mod your param.tar (to change the warnings at startup) file by any chance? Would you be able to attach it at all? I was gonna download the firmware but it's taking 9 hours.

Thanks.

I've downloaded the 2 pics and I modified one to contain my name.
I will try the mods shortly.
9th August 2019, 08:22 AM |#21  

More
Quote:

Vodafone ain't a major carrier and few in the US really know about it. In the US you're dealing with T-Mobile (MetroPCS, Sprint, Boost, Simple Mobile, Walmart Family,) and AT&T (Verizon, H20 Wireless, Cricket, Tracfone, Net10), and the Others (Virgin, what's left of US Cellular). That's about it for stores. AT&T have all their stuff locked down to the MVNOs.

Then you also have folks like Samsung that have SPECIFICALLY stated they are locking down ALL US Variants of their models.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
samsung-galaxy-a20

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)