Special thanks goes to sumec100 who made me into the first steps of this process.
Rooting the Brick
*What will you need in a first moment:
- SDK MANAGER AND PLATAFORM TOOLS ONLY https://developer.android.com/studio...html#downloads *end of the page, 132mb archive* (Plataform-tools is attached in case you can't find it)
- SuperSU: https://mega.nz/#!t2wGDbhL!H07JxlbmL...thXkbEj6sw4z08 (this one worked out) (Leave it in your SD Card before start the process)
- TWRP ported by Jemmini from 4pda and translated to English by TuksOID. : https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Uw...gKbs63UxVKmw_T
- ADB Driver Installer: http://adbdriver.com/downloads/
- ARMOR 2 Latest Drivers: https://drive.google.com/folderview?...FE&usp=sharing
0) Go into your Ulefone Armor 2.
Settings >About phone > Tap ''build number'' 8 times until you see ''now you are a developer''.
Developer options> OEM unlocking (yes) >USB Debugging (Yes)
After all drivers are installed in Driver_Auto_Installer you downloaded from ulefone.com keep ADB Driver Installer open and plug in your phone on your PC. It will auto detects your MediaTek device. Just click ''Install'' wait until it finishes and close it. Now you are properly connected to your phone.
1) Open ''cmd.exe'' as an administrator.
Type: cd (path you unziped plataform-tools inside SDK tools folder) kind of looking like this: ''X:YOUR PATH\tools\platform-tools''
Put the recovery image you downloaded (I suggest you to rename it as ''recovery'') in ''plataform-tools''
2) Back to the cmd in the way you leaved it do it:
- adb reboot bootloader Press Enter. The phone will reboot in fastboot mode. (I suppose you did not shut it down, please don't)
- fastboot flashing unlock Press Enter. The phone will prompt you. Read the content of the text if you want. To keep going press ''Volume Up'' DO NOT INTERRUPT THIS PROCESS
- fastboot flash recovery recovery.img Press Enter. Now the TWRP will be flashed. Note that I used ''recovery'' as file name.
- After the successful flash:
- fastboot boot recovery.img Press Enter. TWRP will now start.
3) Unplug your phone.
- Your TWRP will show a ''Enter Code'' prompt since your device stills encrypted. Press ''Cancel''
- Drag the bar to allow modifications;
- Press ''Wipe'' in the main menu;
- Drag the bar to do a Factory Reset (THIS IS NOT OPTIONAL);
- Press ''Install'';
- Select the SuperSU file you downloaded in the above. (I hope you copied it in your SDCard. If you did not, You can plug your phone in your PC, mount your Storage via TWRP, copy the zip file and keep going);
- Drag the bar to flash SuperSU zip file (DO NOT select any parameters)
- Press ''Wipe Dalvik/Cache''
- Press ''Reboot System''
Wait for it.
If you had a successful boot, now your device is rooted. Cheers !
Did your device don't boot in 15 minutes? I'm quite sure you messed up but keep calm, don't panic!
Unbricking the brick
*What will you need:
Latest Ulefone Armor 2 ROM: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8...EJTdTdpazVGQjg
The software is quite of auto-explained. Please, Do not use the Ulefone's SPFlashtool, use the one I provided. (I DID NOT CREATE IT)
- Shut off your phone
- In SPFlashtool set the ''scatter-loading file'' inside the ROM zip, Click ''choose'' and locate it.
- Keep it ''Download Only''
- Click ''Download'', SPFlashtool will be waiting for your device. (REMEMBER YOU NEED THE DRIVERS I QUOTED ABOVE FOR ALL PROCESSES)
- Plug your phone.
- Wait until SPFlashtool say it is finished.
- After that your phone is brand new. If you want to try again just go up and follow all steps again (Correcting mistakes, of course)
-Latest Magisk is not working with our Stock ROM. It bootloops.
-Latest Nougat Xposed Module Bootloops our phone too.
Any doubts or corrections please, say it !