Be aware it has a lot of bugs, can break your device and it's not ready for daily usage.
First sailfish os for allwinner A31 based tablet: FreeTab 8014. With little effort it can be probably used on any A31 based device. Sources and patches are based on a31_v4.5_hummingbird_kfb_ok.
After completing first boot settings screen becomes black.
Due to Landscape framebuffer browser is broken.
Kernel sends VSYNC udev events during any transition on screen so systemd-udevd consume ~20% of cpu. I have tried apply patch used for omap to ignore those events but without success: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/1234743..
- To control volume use 3 fingers gesture (unreliable)
- Jolla store is not enabled so grab storeman and use openrepos.net
rpm -U harbour-storeman-0.0.*.armv7hl.rpm
- Repo with my apps and patch (swipeable covers from sfos 1.1):
devel-su ssu ar elros34-sailfishapps http://repo.merproject.org/obs/home:/elros34:/sailfishapps/sailfishos_22.214.171.124/ pkcon refresh
Don't hesitate and donate if you like it
- First you need to flash firmware with modified boot which will init from second partition on sdcard
- Then copy this image to sdcard (using dd or Etcher) and enjoy
telnet 192.168.2.15 23
- HDMI support added (at the moment it's the only device with external display (HDMI) support in sfos world :P)
- VSYNC udev events converted to sysfs and handled in qpa plugin (greatly decrease cpu usage)
- Landscape frambuffer issues fixed
- Initial release
Q: Can I *?
A: It's NOT android so you can't
Sailfish OS, ROM for all devices (see above for details)
Source Code: https://github.com/elros34/freetab_8014
ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
Last Updated 2018-10-03