Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e Debloat Without Root-Info

312 posts
Thanks Meter: 183

By TiTiB, XDA Ad-Free Senior Member on 29th May 2019, 10:03 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
29th June 2019, 08:13 PM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 134

More
I used package disabler pro (all Android) and it worked...I thought I needed to download the for Samsung portion, but the link didn't work when I clicked it so I just tried the app and followed the adb commands to enable it and it worked
The Following User Says Thank You to 808phoneaddict For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift 808phoneaddict Ad-Free

29th June 2019, 08:44 PM |#22  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by goyetus2

I cannot find any app called "package disabler pro+(Samsung)" ..... so, I think they deleted from playstore....

Still available...at least in the U.S.

[UPDATE] Well, I guess it *is* gone! I think it showed up in my search because I already have it installed, but when I shared the link and tried to open it in my browser I got "...not found...".

Their website https://www.packagedisabler.com/ says "Under maintenance" so idk what's up except to say that they've been around for at least 5-6 years, and IIRC something like this has happened in the past.

Also, their Email
[email protected]

You might consider the Freeze app available on F-Droid, or using adb, or another app with adb like @808phoneaddict did a few posts back. Beyond that I don't know what to say. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
29th June 2019, 08:51 PM |#23  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiTiB

Still available...at least in the U.S.

Then is an European Problem, I will try to get the app with a vpn XD
Thanks!!
29th June 2019, 11:47 PM |#24  

More
I can open that link originally, but now it’s gone for me too. I’m in Hong Kong.

Anyone has the apk?
30th June 2019, 01:31 AM |#25  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by monsthamo

I can open that link originally, but now it’s gone for me too. I’m in Hong Kong.

Anyone has the apk?

Also, something I just noticed. On Play Store, instead of giving the usual "Uninstall" option, it says "Deactivate".
30th June 2019, 01:43 AM |#26  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by monsthamo

Anyone has the apk?

Also, something I just noticed. On Play Store, instead of giving the usual "Uninstall" option, it says "Deactivate".
30th June 2019, 09:04 AM |#27  
Newquay, UK
Thanks Meter: 66

More
Quote:

it says this as you have activated the app as a device administrator. Mine is the same.
The Following User Says Thank You to jpearn For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jpearn Ad-Free
30th June 2019, 03:55 PM |#28  

More
Do you guys still have the apk file? 🙏🏼
4th July 2019, 02:59 PM |#29  
OP Senior Member

More
To those who have interest in the Package Disabler Pro app, I've been in email communication with them and here is the latest:

July 2, 2019 11:43:46 PM PDT
"Dear User,
there is a temporary issue with activation. We are working to resolve the issue.
Regards,
PD Team"
4th July 2019, 10:49 PM |#30  
Thanks Meter: 55

More
Quote:

To those who have interest in the Package Disabler Pro app, I've been in email communication with them and here is the latest:

July 2, 2019 11:43:46 PM PDT
"Dear User,
there is a temporary issue with activation. We are working to resolve the issue.
Regards,
PD Team"

If you purchased it via Google Play, it will still show up under your 'My Apps & Games' but it won't work.

You have purchase a new license from their website.
5th July 2019, 01:32 PM |#31  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHE_XDA

If you purchased it via Google Play, it will still show up under your 'My Apps & Games' but it won't work.

You have purchase a new license from their website.

I'm not so sure that is the case. Although it is no doubt a canned response, here is what they emailed me in response to my query "Can I convert to a version that doesn't rely on Google?"

Received:
July 4, 2019 11:10:36 AM PDT
Dear User,
We are working to resolve the issue.
Regards,
PD Team

I'll be rooting—@AHE _XDA will soon be releasing a new guide specifically for our tablet!—so this whole thing will be behind me. So, whatevs. 😜
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
galaxy-tab-s5e, galaxy-tab-s5e-debloat

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)