[Guide] Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e Debloat Without Root-Info

Search This thread

808phoneaddict

Dec 26, 2011
I used package disabler pro (all Android) and it worked...I thought I needed to download the for Samsung portion, but the link didn't work when I clicked it so I just tried the app and followed the adb commands to enable it and it worked

Reactions: TiTiB

TiTiB

Jun 19, 2015
Earth, for now
I cannot find any app called "package disabler pro+(Samsung)" ..... so, I think they deleted from playstore....
Still available...at least in the U.S.

[UPDATE] Well, I guess it *is* gone! I think it showed up in my search because I already have it installed, but when I shared the link and tried to open it in my browser I got "...not found...".

Their website https://www.packagedisabler.com/ says "Under maintenance" so idk what's up except to say that they've been around for at least 5-6 years, and IIRC something like this has happened in the past.

Also, their Email
packagedisabler@gmail.com

You might consider the Freeze app available on F-Droid, or using adb, or another app with adb like @808phoneaddict did a few posts back. Beyond that I don't know what to say. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited:

monsthamo

Jan 22, 2007
I can open that link originally, but now it’s gone for me too. I’m in Hong Kong.

Anyone has the apk?

TiTiB

Jun 19, 2015
Earth, for now
To those who have interest in the Package Disabler Pro app, I've been in email communication with them and here is the latest:

July 2, 2019 11:43:46 PM PDT
"Dear User,
there is a temporary issue with activation. We are working to resolve the issue.
Regards,
PD Team"

Last edited:

AHE_XDA

Mar 20, 2019
To those who have interest in the Package Disabler Pro app, I've been in email communication with them and here is the latest:

July 2, 2019 11:43:46 PM PDT
"Dear User,
there is a temporary issue with activation. We are working to resolve the issue.
Regards,
PD Team"

If you purchased it via Google Play, it will still show up under your 'My Apps & Games' but it won't work.

You have purchase a new license from their website.

TiTiB

Jun 19, 2015
Earth, for now
If you purchased it via Google Play, it will still show up under your 'My Apps & Games' but it won't work.

You have purchase a new license from their website.
I'm not so sure that is the case. Although it is no doubt a canned response, here is what they emailed me in response to my query "Can I convert to a version that doesn't rely on Google?"

Received:
July 4, 2019 11:10:36 AM PDT
Dear User,
We are working to resolve the issue.
Regards,
PD Team

I'll be rooting—@AHE _XDA will soon be releasing a new guide specifically for our tablet!—so this whole thing will be behind me. So, whatevs. ?

AHE_XDA

Mar 20, 2019
I'm not so sure that is the case. Although it is no doubt a canned response, here is what they emailed me in response to my query "Can I convert to a version that doesn't rely on Google?"

Received:
July 4, 2019 11:10:36 AM PDT
Dear User,
We are working to resolve the issue.
Regards,
PD Team

I'll be rooting—@AHE _XDA will soon be releasing a new guide specifically for our tablet!—so this whole thing will be behind me. So, whatevs.

I got the exact response :)

Smartloop

Jun 17, 2019
Iam dislike Samsung

---------- Post added at 01:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:34 PM ----------

Good bay my patter ?????

Mevlock

Thanks for this.

I bought the standard version, using your list resulted in some weird results, errors and slow downs.

But I'm making my way through them all at the moment to find out which I can disable.

Using Nova too now and everything seems a bit smoother.

TiTiB

Jun 19, 2015
Earth, for now
Thanks for this.

I bought the standard version, using your list resulted in some weird results, errors and slow downs.

But I'm making my way through them all at the moment to find out which I can disable.

Using Nova too now and everything seems a bit smoother.
I was/am using Nova and never took into account what the changes would do to the default launcher.

Did you use adb, the disabler app, other? I ask because Package Disabler Pro quit working.

Thanks

Last edited:

AHE_XDA

Mar 20, 2019
@TiTiB

Package disabler Pro is live again on their website. The caveat being you have to pay for it. Again.
@Mevlock

What exactly have you disabled so far?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ADDED 1 AUG 2019: THIS WAS WRITTEN FOR THE WIFI-ONLY T720, *NOT* THE LTE-ENABLED T725. OBVIOUSLY BE AWARE OF ALL THE PHONE RELATED PACKAGES

For those with the S5e wanting to debloat your tablet without rooting I have some, hopefully, useful info.

See this post by @Catmobile for an excellent explanation of why devs have trouble keeping Samsung package disabler apps on Play Store. https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=80048718&postcount=42

I used the app Package Disabler Pro+ (Samsung) by policedeveloper available on Play Store here https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.elmklmsamsung.batteryaddon No longer available, and does not even work on my device anymore.

UPDATE 16 JUL 19: Above app is reportedly once again available on Play Store. HOWEVER, those who recently purchased it have to do so AGAIN! Please consider this if you decide to purchase.

For those with better skills and a computer, using adb's 'pm uninstall -k --user 0 <package name>' is an option, too. You can use the 'disable lists' to facilitate this.

Find here an example by @Catmobile of how to use ADB shell https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=80054354&postcount=44

IMPORTANT: You won't really know the true effects of your disabling til you restart the tablet! On the other hand, it seems that undisabling (re-enabling?) takes effect immediately.

I did a web search and found an .xml file that had packages disabled on a Galaxy S10 or S8. Unfortunately I don't remember from where I got the file but this and other files are available in my shared pCloud folder https://bit.ly/2VXRoLt
    Updated link 26aug21 http://u.pc.cd/5pqctalK
    You'll find below files, among others, there:

disabledpackages-Package Disabler Pro+ DEFAULT ALL BLOATWARE-46ofthem.xml
    >>The default packages using 'Disable all Bloatware' option in Package Disabler Pro+

disabledpackages-S8orS10-125ofthem.xml
    >>The file I found. When I used this the tablet UI slowed to a crawl. From my previous experimentation I suspected that disabling the phone apps was the culprit. I was right, and am currently using my tablet without any discernable issues using the xml file below. Obviously, examine the file before using it to see if it fits your needs. For instance, I don't use Bixby, so I disabled it.
    [EDIT] File deleted.

disabledpackages-WORKINGFINE-SOMEphoneStuffReEnabled-119ofthem.xml
    >>The file I exported from Package Disabler Pro+ after reenabling some packages.
    [EDIT] Replaced by disabledpackages133-OK.xml

Below are the packages I reenabled in order to get the tab back to 'normal'. I'll continue with experimentation to see which one(s) are causing the slow-down, and report back here.
    Code:
    00001  <importExportSetting>  
    00002     <disabledPackages class="java.util.ArrayList">  
    00003        <string>com.android.carrierconfig</string>  
    00004        <string>com.android.carrierdefaultapp</string>  
    00005        <string>com.android.cts.priv.ctsshim</string>       
    00006        <string>com.android.phone</string>  
    00007        <string>com.android.providers.telephony</string>  
    00008        <string>com.samsung.android.dialer</string>  
    00009        <string>com.samsung.android.providers.contacts</string>  
    00010        <string>com.sec.phone</string>  
    00011     </disabledPackages>  
    00012  </importExportSetting>
    Tab S5e (SM-T720) | R(Android 11)| T720XXU2DUD3 | rooted
    Debloat list
    Galaxy Tab S5e (SM-T720) | Q(Android 10) | T720XXS2CUA3 | rooted
    My Debloat list
    No root : use adb
    Rooted: flash zip in magisk (credit universal android debloater)
    Developers of package disablers apps, need to renew their license from Samsung every 3 months. This wouldn't be a problem if Samsung didn't have strict policy.

Policy of Samsung is that using KNOX to disable packages officially is for Business to Business only. And not for standard end-users. Included here a link to why these applications are stopping to function if developer doesn't get a new license key from Samsung its self.

In a business situation an administrator uses KNOX to control remotely all company phones for example. This administrator of the company must also follow the license policy. A company is a Business to Business and won't have the problem that willing package disablers for standard consumers have.

Here below, see how incredibly difficult it is to do this for consumers. Samsung does tolerate it for a time, then forces such app revoked. Customers that paid money for such application will notice it no longer works or is removed.

Hence I advise the ADB method which always works.

Debloat without root and ADB technical thread
    https://xdaforums.com/tab-s5e/help/debloat-adb-shell-root-t3958204

( Remember you need the topic that brought you here to know which package you want to disable, so read the thread that brought you here too! )

Here instructions to build a package disabler app yourself, see the license that is enforced by Samsung towards consumers.
    https://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s10/themes/adhell-3-knox-t3908002

In the past even open source code using KNOX was forced by law to be taken offline from e.g. Github.

Build the app yourself and remember, the license must be renewed every 3 months, the package name may only be used a limited number of times,...

At Reddit you also could find developers creating this kind of software, fighting and accusing each other of continuously leaving customers with not functional software, because Samsung revoked their license after discovering it was sold to normal non corporate users.

See the link, or Google the fights at Reddit about package disablers.

With this kind of software and KNOX one has full control of your device remotely. So they accused developers of these hit and cash money a short time of more.

It is meant for business corporation administration, Samsung enforces it very strictly.

That's told if you buy it anywhere, it will by definition work only for limited time.

https://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s10/themes/adhell-3-knox-t3908002
    "uninstall" / "reinstall" apps without factory resetting

Method you describe might be best, looked it up, updated my post.

Thanks for posting,

This XDA tutorial below might be the safest method described in following link
    https://www.xda-developers.com/disable-system-app-bloatware-android/

That tutorial only disables a package, my tutorial uninstalls a package and I am not entirely sure that without factory reset my tutorial works.

EDIT 1: I included your comparison and updated my post since the method you point out is much safer in case one wants a package back to be enabled again.
    EDIT 2: The difference is now explained and my post says how to DISABLE ONLY or UNINSTALL PERMANENTLY until factory reset.

I've been using the "adb pm uninstall -k --user 0 <package_name>" method for years, and discovered through trial and error that there's no need to do a factory reset the in order to re-enable the "uninstalled" apps. Contrary to popular belief, the "pm uninstall" command doesn't actually erase the app's apk, rather just hides it from the app manager. Therefore "uninstalled" apps can be "reinstalled" individually using the following method, without the need for a factory reset.

First, make a make a backup list of all your currently installed apps via ADB:

adb shell pm list packages -f >C:\AppList.txt

For example, let's "uninstall" the Samsung Smart Switch app which can be found in the above AppList.txt file as
    /system/preload/SmartSwitch/SmartSwitch.apk=com.sec.android.easyMover
    Sometimes the app's name matches the package/file name perfectly, sometimes they are a little different and takes a bit of guessing.
    The package name of the Samsung Smart Switch app is "com.sec.android.easyMover", with its path and file name "/system/preload/SmartSwitch/SmartSwitch.apk", as you can see at least the path and file name contains the name of the app.
    To disable it via the "uninstall" command, enter:

adb shell pm uninstall -k --user 0 <package/component>
    Example:
    adb shell pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.sec.android.easyMover
    OR
    adb shell cmd package uninstall -k --user 0 com.sec.android.easyMover

Now, to re-enable the above "uninstalled" app or any other specific one without a factory reset, simply copy and paste the app's package name from the AppList.txt into this command:

adb shell cmd package install-existing <package/component>
    Example:
    adb shell cmd package install-existing com.sec.android.easyMover

OR

Copy and paste the app's path and file name from the AppList.txt into the "install" command, like this:

adb shell pm install -d -r --user 0 <app's_path/file_name)>
    Example:
    adb shell pm install -d -r --user 0 /system/preload/SmartSwitch/SmartSwitch.apk
    OR
    adb shell cmd package install -d -r --user 0 /system/preload/SmartSwitch/SmartSwitch.apk

We are using the "pm" package manager to simply reinstall the app from its current location which can be easily found in the previously prepared AppList.txt file.
    The reason for including two slightly different versions of the commands, is to have a backup method in case one of them fails.
    The "-d -r" options is to allow replacement of existing applications and version code downgrading.
    The advantage of using the "uninstall"/"install" method is that there's no need to purchase any package disabler apps, and it works even on non-rooted devices, plus you may even learn something.
    Hope this might come in handy for some. ;)