Post Reply Email Thread
21st May 2020, 04:08 PM |#91  
Flag San Pedro
Thanks Meter: 41

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by takur69

How to remove script ?

You can't simply "remove" it. Use the Blocker app to enable all the services, receivers and content providers the script disabled.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 Pro using XDA Labs
The Following User Says Thank You to adriansticoid0312 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift adriansticoid0312 Ad-Free
21st May 2020, 10:17 PM |#92  
OP Senior Member
Flag monaco
Thanks Meter: 3,732

More
Quote:

How to remove script ?Sent from my SM-J510FN using XDA Labs

give back permissions with blocker....
The Following User Says Thank You to rayman95 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rayman95 Ad-Free
22nd May 2020, 07:15 AM |#93  
Thanks Meter: 53

More
Quote:

How to remove script ?

Or delete package-restrictions.xml from /data/system/users/0
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nokono For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Nokono Ad-Free
22nd May 2020, 09:45 AM |#94  
Flag Tangerang
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nokono

Or delete package-restrictions.xml from /data/system/users/0

Thank you
I have removed package-restrictions.xml
This script works fine but it drains the battery

---------- Post added at 08:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:44 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by adriansticoid0312

You can't simply "remove" it. Use the Blocker app to enable all the services, receivers and content providers the script disabled.

Thank you very much
22nd May 2020, 10:35 AM |#95  
Thanks Meter: 53

More
Quote:

The script itself cant drain battery.
It means it switched off something needed for system or some app and they are trying permanently to reach disabled component. Therefore system never sleeps.
22nd May 2020, 01:38 PM |#96  
Flag San Pedro
Thanks Meter: 41

More
Quote:

Thank you
I have removed package-restrictions.xml

How does it drain the battery? In theory it should save some.

29th May 2020, 04:43 AM |#97  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Mate , it took 20 hours to run on my Nexus 6p . I mean a few hours is considered as a long time not 20 . Half the time it was the only thing running , and the rest it was a background activity .
29th May 2020, 07:43 AM |#98  
Thanks Meter: 307

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightslade

Mate , it took 20 hours to run on my Nexus 6p . I mean a few hours is considered as a long time not 20 . Half the time it was the only thing running , and the rest it was a background activity .

Wow, that's looong. The first time I used the F**K Services script, it took about an hour only, with my CPUs underclocked by half. Yours is super slow read and write for a big operation - maybe due to age, RAM, Rom, kernel.

You can try steveglowpunk's script (here), it won't be so slow the next run since it saves what was already processed. I think the first run will still take many hours on your phone though.
29th May 2020, 04:10 PM |#99  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
i don't know why my battery drastically suck using this, i'm using realme 6 pro btw, just wanna share my experience.
i don't know how to reverse this, so naturally i reset everything (exclude int storage). lo and behold, in the set-up screen i can't get pass "checking for updates" screen. i had to completely wipe my device (including int storage) to be able to pass it, now i lost all my cat's photos
somebody please say i'm dumb and there's another simple way (i avoid headache reversing it using blocker), so that somebody else doesn't have to get thru this
29th May 2020, 05:21 PM |#100  
Thanks Meter: 81

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizezky

i don't know why my battery drastically suck using this, i'm using realme 6 pro btw, just wanna share my experience.
i don't know how to reverse this, so naturally i reset everything (exclude int storage). lo and behold, in the set-up screen i can't get pass "checking for updates" screen. i had to completely wipe my device (including int storage) to be able to pass it, now i lost all my cat's photos
somebody please say i'm dumb and there's another simple way (i avoid headache reversing it using blocker), so that somebody else doesn't have to get thru this

I'm sorry to hear that :/
To reverse the changes, you just needed to reinstall the apps. Or if you have root access, you could use apps such as MyAndroidTools or Blocker to re-enable the disabled services.
Anyway, I don't see how disabling services could drain battery.

---------- Post added at 12:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:16 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyborian

Wow, that's looong. The first time I used the F**K Services script, it took about an hour only, with my CPUs underclocked by half. Yours is super slow read and write for a big operation - maybe due to age, RAM, Rom, kernel.

You can try steveglowpunk's script (here), it won't be so slow the next run since it saves what was already processed. I think the first run will still take many hours on your phone though.

Shouldn't take more than an hour if you have around 200 apps like me. I made a lot of effort to make the script scan and only attempt to disable trackers it has found. I appreciate the concept of OP's script but attempting to run 'pm disable' on every tracking service on every app is just not very efficient.
31st May 2020, 03:40 PM |#101  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyborian

maybe its the old processor . tho it performs decently on normal non-gaming tasks. anyway i wont be using any script , i'm planning on moving to lineage os and chucking google play services altogether . this device needs all the boost it can get
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)