WARNING! This ROM is for the SM-G3815 variants only!
CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 6.0 (Marshmallow), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
Please use the above unless you have something development-related to contribute here. Thank you.
/* * Your warranty is now void. * * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you. * */
All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit our Gerrit Code Review. Your changelog is whatever was merged into gerrit.
*ROM still experimental, proceed on your own risk again.
*I don't own the device, it is just very similar to mine, that's all.
CM-13.0 Install Guide
Note: CM for Galaxy Express 2 is provided with no warranty. You are installing this software at your own risk. You may be violating your warranty.
Download CM-13.0 and OpenGapps zips and put in /sdcard
[/LIST] Before you install CM-13.0: Preparation (First three are optional. If you want to start fresh, these can be skipped)
- Install AppBak from Market, run it and save a list of all your apps.
- Install SMS Backup and Restore from Market, run it and backup your SMS history.
- Install Call Logs Backup and Restore from Market, run it and backup your call log history.
- Boot into TWRP recovery. Make a full backup. You will need this backup later if you decide to go back to your previous ROM and data.
How to install TWRP:
1. Download the archive below as well as Odin v3.0.9 or 3.10.7.
2. Open it as administrator
3. Reboot Phone in Download Mode (press and hold Home + Power + Volume Down buttons)
4. Connect phone and wait until you get a blue sign in Odin
5. Add the recovery file to AP / PDA
6. Make sure re-partition is NOT ticked
7. Click the start button, sit back and wait few seconds
*** IMPORTANT NOTE FOR EVERYONE HERE : PICO GAPPS IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED FOR EVERY ROM , DO NOT USE NANO, MICRO AND OTHER VARIANTS OF GAPPS TO AVOID ANY ISSUES LIKE CRASHES AND DPI INCOMPATIBILITY ***
- Use TWRP Recovery
- Warning: Only use this recovery to flash CM-13.0. Otherwise, you risk bricking your phone!
- Wipe system, data, dalvik and cache. (For clean installation)
- Flash cm-13*.zip.
- Flash gapps*.zip.
- Reboot phone.
- After you setup your Google account, reinstall the three apps from Market in order to restore most of your apps, call log and SMS history.
- Warning: Do not restore backup data of system apps!
- If you restore a bad backup with cached settings in telephony.db in data/data/com.*.*.telephony it can break MMS.
- It seems that restoring backups can also break Calendar sync.
Upgrades from previous versions of CM-13.0 are the same process as install, except you do not need to wipe anything. Contrary to popular belief, you do not need to even wipe cache and dalvik-cache when upgrading between CM-13.0 versions. You only need to wipe if you are doing a major upgrade, switching to a different ROM entirely, or attempting to fix bugs caused by bad backups or corrupt app data.
Switching From EXT4 TO F2FS Guide, thanks @zh_eco :
- T.W.R.P recovery support F2FS is recommended , here.
- Clean install is recommended (wipe everything)
Switching Steps :
1- Reboot to T.W.R.P .
2- from T.W.R.P Home , select "Wipe" .
3- then select "Advanced Wipe" .
4- then choose Data .
5- click on "Repair or change file system" .
6- then click on "Change File System" and choose F2FS , wait until formatting .
7- do the same method on cache .
8- after formating Data and cache to F2FS, now flash CM-13.0 ROM and GApps then reboot
*Note: Formatting /system with F2FS isn't supported, only data and cache
Epic Touch CM Team for the install instructions
Everyone that donated beers
The CyanogenMod team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!
-NFC, as usual, no source is available
FM Radio not implemented yet
Offline charging, not implemented yet
Mic does not work, works only on normal calls
-You tell me..
Latest Release is 20160831 for CM, 20160916 for SlimRom 20160908 for RR and 20160817 for Broken! Download CyanogenMod Download SlimRom 1.7 Download Broken 4.9.1 Download Resurrection Remix 5.7.3
Official facebook page: Page
If you like it, give me a thanks or ever a beer :)