Every firmware archive contains the four partitions UBOOT, BOOTIMG, RECOVERY and ANDROID (/system). These are flashable using spFlashTool, a howto is here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/andr...-b15q-t2989627.
Please note that these firmware files were dumped from an EMEA B15Q, dual-sim - there are reports of other models being available under the B15Q model name. In doubt, always make a full backup using spFlashTool's readback mode before flashing one of these. (You should be doing these anyway before every firmware upgrade, CAT doesn't test stuff like compatibility with root!)
Credits for the scatter file go to bigal1337. Credits for spFlashTool and the driver package go to Russian website mtk2000.ucoz.ru.
- 1.019: https://mega.co.nz/#!UEp0hS7b!6aiqET...0j9Pnj4rBhwoD4
- 1.022: https://mega.co.nz/#!YEAwmbxI!rVonLy...3-3hILzY9ri0NY
- Scatter file: https://mega.co.nz/#!UEp0hS7b!6aiqET...0j9Pnj4rBhwoD4
- MTK Driver package: http://mtk2000.ucoz.ru/down12/MTKUsbAll_0.9.2.rar
- spFlashTool: http://mtk2000.ucoz.ru/down12/SP_Fla...v5.1420.00.rar
Do note that the drivers appear to be modified Google drivers and thus have no digital signature; you will need a 32-bit system to use them.
Flash mode needed for spFlashTool is achieved by removing the battery, starting the flash/readback in spFlashTool and then plugging in the USB cable. You may put in the battery afterwards.
The recovery, fastboot and factory test methods are entered by shutting down the phone and then:
- recovery mode: press power + volup for 2 seconds, then release power, release volup as soon as recovery has booted
- fastboot mode: press power + center for 2 seconds, then release power, release volup as soon as recovery has booted
- test mode: press power + voldn for 2 seconds, then release power, release volup as soon as recovery has booted
In case that a B15Q or general CAT board is opened (for the B15, B15Q and the flagship S50), I request that this thread is moved into its rightful place. And in case anyone wants to help me with a CyanogenMod port, please PM me.