56 posts
Thanks Meter: 33

By PhatBmt009, Member on 12th August 2016, 10:21 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
12th September 2016, 01:09 AM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 431

Donate to Me
More
@LordZener Sorry for the delay. Here's an experimental build, let me know if/how it works. It is based on the brand new TB3-710I_S000031_160902_ROW firmware.
I usually put almost all partitions into the fstab, but I think the essential ones are boot, recovery, misc, system, cache, data.
The Following User Says Thank You to Tzul For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Tzul Ad-Free
12th September 2016, 04:45 AM |#22  
OP Member
Flag Buon Ma Thuot

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzul

@LordZener Sorry for the delay. Here's an experimental build, let me know if/how it works. It is based on the brand new TB3-710I_S000031_160902_ROW firmware.
I usually put almost all partitions into the fstab, but I think the essential ones are boot, recovery, misc, system, cache, data.

Hi, The recovery works. But can touch

Sent from my Lenovo TB3-710I using XDA-Developers mobile app
12th September 2016, 05:09 AM |#23  
OP Member
Flag Buon Ma Thuot

More
Quote:

This touch panic, i must flash stock recovery again. Can fix?

Sent from my Lenovo TB3-710I using XDA-Developers mobile app
12th September 2016, 09:57 AM |#24  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:

Hi @Tzul, you had no deadline, so no delay!!
Thanks for your support, now i'm at work... i'll test the recovery in the afternoon
12th September 2016, 01:45 PM |#25  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhatBmt009

Hi, The recovery works. But can touch

Thanks for testing. Does the touch not work at all, or are the coordinates wrong? It's very common for these MediaTek-based tablets that screen coordinates and touch coordinates do not match, e.g. if you touch the top left corner, TWRP thinks you touched the bottom left (or top right, or maybe even bottom right).
If you test this some more and could figure out how exactly the coordinates are off, that would be great.
Edit: here's a second version with "rotated" touch coordinates, maybe this will be right.
The Following User Says Thank You to Tzul For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Tzul Ad-Free
12th September 2016, 09:03 PM |#26  

More
Quote:

Thanks for testing. Does the touch not work at all, or are the coordinates wrong? It's very common for these MediaTek-based tablets that screen coordinates and touch coordinates do not match, e.g. if you touch the top left corner, TWRP thinks you touched the bottom left (or top right, or maybe even bottom right).
If you test this some more and could figure out how exactly the coordinates are off, that would be great.
Edit: here's a second version with "rotated" touch coordinates, maybe this will be right.

Hi Tzul,

this second recovery is working, but the screen orientation is landscape (original recovery is portrait).
my impression is: if I touch top right corner TWRP thinks I'm touching down left:
In fact, on the first screen, i was able to allow modifications by swiping from top-right to top-left corner.
On the second screen, touching Reboot button i was able to open Install menu.
Hope this will be useful
12th September 2016, 09:29 PM |#27  

Donate to Me
More
@LordZener Thanks! So the stock recovery is portrait, but for TWRP the framebuffer is landscape. Interesting. Maybe it's because of the new kernel? Or maybe the stock recovery switches orientation. I'd love to know how to do that. TWRP unfortunately cannot rotate the screen (with the exception of a few devices where some coders made it possible).

Anyway, here's test #3 and test #4. Both of these are landscape, with different touchscreen handling.
12th September 2016, 11:00 PM |#28  

More
Quote:

@LordZener Thanks! So the stock recovery is portrait, but for TWRP the framebuffer is landscape. Interesting. Maybe it's because of the new kernel? Or maybe the stock recovery switches orientation. I'd love to know how to do that. TWRP unfortunately cannot rotate the screen (with the exception of a few devices where some coders made it possible).

Anyway, here's test #3 and test #4. Both of these are landscape, with different touchscreen handling.

Works!!
Test 4 is ok, thank you!!
Pay attention: using the version 2 with wrong touch handling i've wrongly performed a dalvik cache erase.... this lead to bootloop!!
I was forced to open device and disconnect battery to be able to reflash with sptool

Anyway, other features seems to be all working!!
Thanks a lot again
The Following User Says Thank You to LordZener For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift LordZener Ad-Free
12th September 2016, 11:18 PM |#29  

Donate to Me
More
@LordZener Good to hear!

Erasing the dalvik cache should not cause boot loops. However, it will cause the next boot to take quite a long time, because the dalvik cache has to be rebuilt (well, Android 5 and later use ART instead of the older Dalvik runtime, they compile all installed apps ahead of time, and the result is stored in the "dalvik" cache). While this is being done, the tablet might appear to be stuck and do nothing. But I'd try to be patient and wait 15 minutes before declaring it stuck.

Also, you don't need to disconnect the battery to flash with the SPFT. You just need to do a hard reset / turn off the tablet completely (holding down the power button for 10 seconds or so should work).
12th September 2016, 11:30 PM |#30  

More
Quote:

@LordZener Good to hear!

Erasing the dalvik cache should not cause boot loops. However, it will cause the next boot to take quite a long time, because the dalvik cache has to be rebuilt (well, Android 5 and later use ART instead of the older Dalvik runtime, they compile all installed apps ahead of time, and the result is stored in the "dalvik" cache). While this is being done, the tablet might appear to be stuck and do nothing. But I'd try to be patient and wait 15 minutes before declaring it stuck.

Also, you don't need to disconnect the battery to flash with the SPFT. You just need to do a hard reset / turn off the tablet completely (holding down the power button for 10 seconds or so should work).

Thanks for explanation about the cache, very useful
I tried to hard reset manually the tablet many times holding Power button, but everytime the result was an immediate reboot... I tried also to plug the USB before the reboot and quickly start the download, without success.
Anyway, probably i'll retry Tomorrow(this time after a system backup ), waiting more time.
12th September 2016, 11:39 PM |#31  

Donate to Me
More
@LordZener Sounds like you tried to click the download button in the SPFT after connecting the tablet, or after rebooting? That's not how you're supposed to do it.
Click the download button first, then connect or reboot. That's due to the way that MediaTek has implemented this... basically, the first piece of software that runs on the device after a power up or reboot is the preloader, and it checks for a USB connection with the SPFT, which will only answer if the download/readback button has been clicked already (more details about that here).
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tzul For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Tzul Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)