CarlivScreenshot is a tool to take screenshots through ADB from you phone or tablet.
The original ideea and starting script was published by majdinj here.
I wrote again the script for windows, I ported that to linux too and added a menu driven interface.
I built the fb2png module from Phil3759's recovery repo and used the adb from latest android sdk. For android screenshots this uses same builtin "screencap" feature as majdinj's utility uses. I made though some changes to recovery section, based on infos posted on this thread.
- USB debugging activated in your device.
- Make sure you can connect to your device through ADB ( Check to see if you can run "adb shell cat proc/emmc" or other adb commands "adb devices" or "adb get-state").
* If in android you can't use the tool because adb can't acces the screencap utility, install adb_insecure apk from chainfire (but that needs to have root).
I needed a utility to take screenshots in linux, for my recovery, and I couldn't find anything. Of course there are few threads explaining how to do it with commands prompt using ffmpeg, but that never worked for my phone - it worked though the makers_mark's utility in windows (only by selecting both framebuffers because sometime was on upper the good one, sometime on lower), and the majdinj utility. I liked his ideea better and so I decided to port it to Linux in bash.
- majdinj for the initial script.
- Kyan.ql, Phil3759 and McKael for the fb2png source and hints (found on their posts).
The tool was tested in JB (android 4.2.2) and Kitkat (android 4.4.2) and worked flawless both in windows and linux (ubuntu).
Check post #2 for Linux version and post #3 for Windows version.