FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[TOOL] Unlock bootloader in ASUS ZenPad 3S 10 Z500M (P027)

919 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,170

By diplomatic, Senior Member on 6th January 2018, 04:31 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
6th January 2018, 09:40 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joh14vers6

I got this after typing "Yes, I want to unlock"

Quote:

Extracting binaries
Inserting kernel module
Testing kernel module
Oops! Something went wrong. Aborting
Your system has not been modified
Exit code 126

When running script with terminal on tablet I got exit code 1 on the same stage.

Hmm, that sounds like a permissions problem. Before running the script, can you turn off Selinux enforcement somehow? Try running 'setenforce 0' or maybe there's a setting in Magisk that controls this. Bear with me, I'm trying to get to the bottom of this...

Has anyone besides amartolos gotten this to work yet?
The Following User Says Thank You to diplomatic For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift diplomatic Ad-Free

6th January 2018, 10:04 PM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 292

More
I ran the tool successfully and it said to reboot and Root. While rebooting it says:
Orange State
Your device has been unlocked and can't be trusted
Your device will reboot in 5 seconds

Then I can't get a root to take.

Edit: I found the problem. After you run the script, run magisk to root before you reboot, while you are still in temp root status.

Sent from my P01MA using Tapatalk
6th January 2018, 10:19 PM |#13  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by loner.

I ran the tool successfully and it said to reboot and Root. While rebooting it says:
Orange State
Your device has been unlocked and can't be trusted
Your device will reboot in 5 seconds

Then I can't get a root to take.

Yep, you got it! In order to have persistent root, you actually have to install it to your boot partition while booted up with temporary root.
The Following User Says Thank You to diplomatic For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift diplomatic Ad-Free
6th January 2018, 10:20 PM |#14  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by loner.

Edit: I found the problem. After you run the script, run magisk to root before you reboot, while you are still in temp root status.

Word
6th January 2018, 10:36 PM |#15  
Flag Haarlem
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by diplomatic

I got this after typing "Yes, I want to unlock"

Hmm, that sounds like a permissions problem. Before running the script, can you turn off Selinux enforcement somehow? Try running 'setenforce 0' or maybe there's a setting in Magisk that controls this. Bear with me, I'm trying to get to the bottom of this...

Has anyone besides amartolos gotten this to work yet?

I tried SELinuxModeChanger to set Selinux to permisive and tried setenforce 0 and both give same exit code 1 from the terminal.
6th January 2018, 10:45 PM |#16  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I tried SELinuxModeChanger to set Selinux to permisive and tried setenforce 0 and both give same exit code 1 from the terminal.

What firmware version do you have installed? And are you running this from the /data/local/tmp directory?
6th January 2018, 10:51 PM |#17  
Flag Haarlem
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Quote:

What firmware version do you have installed?

FW WW_14.0210.1709.30 from 04 jan 2018 and yes, I ran from that folder.
6th January 2018, 11:16 PM |#18  

More
Quote:

Last two numbers should be .27
I checked and yes there is a update, but I don't think I can install it. Since I and already rooted. The size of the update seems to be a security update.

---------- Post added at 05:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:11 PM ----------

Has anyone who successfully rooted this device able to do the update after?
6th January 2018, 11:28 PM |#19  
Flag Madtown, WI - 68 square miles surrounded by reality
Thanks Meter: 140

More
I'm glad to see that Asus is releasing security updates even if it does break the unlock. My biggest fear buying this tablet was that it would not be updated. I opted for the update and will hope for an updated patch from @diplomatic.

As an aside. I would encourage anyone in this thread to give hit the "Thanks" button for diplomatic!

EDIT: I just checked and see my last update brought me to WW_14.0210.1711.30_20171206. That's different than the 1/4/2018 update showing on the website which is WW_14.0210.1709.30 and what @Joh14vers6 shows.
The Following User Says Thank You to swear0730 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift swear0730 Ad-Free
6th January 2018, 11:42 PM |#20  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

OK everyone, this is important... I found an incompatibility between the new FW's kernel and the tool. You have to use the patched boot image from FW 1709.27 for temporary root... In the meantime, I have to fix it to be able to run under the new FW. But it won't be compatible with the old. And I hope it still unlocks...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to diplomatic For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift diplomatic Ad-Free
6th January 2018, 11:45 PM |#21  

More
Quote:

OK everyone, this is important... I found an incompatibility between the new FW's kernel and the tool. You have to use the patched boot image from FW 1709.27 for temporary root... In the meantime, I have to fix it to be able to run under the new FW. But it won't be compatible with the old. And I hope it still unlocks...

Is there a way to update after rooting?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
asus-zenpad-10, unlock, z500m

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)