FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[TOOLCHAINS] [ARM/ARM64] [GCC 7.2.1] GNU and Linaro - September 15th, 2017

13,728 posts
Thanks Meter: 50,760

By nathanchance, Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor on 15th May 2017, 09:55 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
16th May 2017, 06:04 PM |#11  
Recognized Contributor
Flag u:r:usbhost:s0
Thanks Meter: 6,851

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Flash

I do not currently plan on it but if there is enough demand I can consider it.

X86_64 is theoretically already supported.
All you need to do is Target x86_64 and choose what version then done.

Like what was done for arm

16th May 2017, 06:08 PM |#12  
OP Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Flag Mesa, AZ

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by USBhost

X86_64 is theoretically already supported.
All you need to do is Target x86_64 and choose what version then done.

True, I can add an option to the script. I assumed he was referring to the prebuilts
17th May 2017, 05:43 AM |#13  
Recognized Developer
Flag New Delhi
Thanks Meter: 2,533

Donate to Me
More
what's recommended? btw great stuff
17th May 2017, 09:41 AM |#14  
Flag Mesa, AZ

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamstar

what's recommended? btw great stuff

I don't really recommend anything other than trying both variants and seeing which one you like.
17th May 2017, 10:50 AM |#15  
Recognized Developer
Flag Varanasi
Thanks Meter: 4,665

More
Great stuff on XDA after a long time good work
The Following User Says Thank You to dev_harsh1998 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th May 2017, 09:21 AM |#16  
Flag Warsaw
Thanks Meter: 101

More
Hi, can I use it to compile my rom based on LineageOS 14.1? I started to develop my own rom recently and now I wanted to try changing the toolchain.
19th May 2017, 09:23 AM |#17  
Flag Mesa, AZ

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zibiksior

Hi, can I use it to compile my rom based on LineageOS 14.1? I started to develop my own rom recently and now I wanted to try changing the toolchain.

Mostly will not be able to compile a ROM with this but give it a try. It for sure can compile the inline kernel.

Just a brief update, the build script still works perfectly fine but I will start compiling the provided toolchains with crosstool-NG as I can make the toolchains statically linked, meaning that they should work with all versions of Linux. It will also be easier for me to manage and tarballs will be smaller. I will try to have this done tomorrow, given Linaro just released their updated snapshot source
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nathanchance For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th May 2017, 09:38 AM |#18  
Flag Warsaw
Thanks Meter: 101

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Flash

Mostly will not be able to compile a ROM with this but give it a try. It for sure can compile the inline kernel.

Just a brief update, the build script still works perfectly fine but I will start compiling the provided toolchains with crosstool-NG as I can make the toolchains statically linked, meaning that they should work with all versions of Linux. It will also be easier for me to manage and tarballs will be smaller. I will try to have this done tomorrow, given Linaro just released their updated snapshot source

Ok, I undertstand can you instead point me some link with prebuild toolchains which I can use to compile my rom? I connot find any... Or meybe some manual how to compile appropriate version of toolchain?
20th May 2017, 08:55 AM |#19  
Flag Mesa, AZ

More
20170520 toolchains are now uploaded!

As I mentioned before, they are compiled with crosstool-NG so that it's easier for me to update. Furthermore, the toolchains are much smaller now so they're easier to download and they're statically linked so they *should* work when any updated form of Linux. Let me know of any issues and enjoy!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nathanchance For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd May 2017, 07:29 PM |#20  
Flag Seoul
Thanks Meter: 370

More
Nice stuff indeed, thanks
Btw i've once been told that gnueabi and androideabi are slightly different, would it be okay to compile android kernels with gnueabi?
22nd May 2017, 08:49 PM |#21  
Flag Mesa, AZ

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kykint

Nice stuff indeed, thanks
Btw i've once been told that gnueabi and androideabi are slightly different, would it be okay to compile android kernels with gnueabi?

Yes.
The Following User Says Thank You to nathanchance For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)