Remove All Ads from XDA

[TWRP] [Port] L.R.-Team recovery OMFG-Mod-From Cactus -to -Umidigi-F1

2,915 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,185

By mrmazak, Senior Member on 31st May 2019, 04:26 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
First version shared was twrp 3.2
New version is 3.3.0
***ORIGINAL TWRP is not my work. Only the porting of it to this device. I take no credit for the source.

*** DISSCLAIMER ALLERT***
I started having issues with encryption coming back to enforcing when using the Ported Team LR TWRP 3.3
Did not have trouble yet with OMFG-Mod version.

Also @ghost45 has made a build of twrp 3.3.1 for F1. It works good as well
https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...8&postcount=49

--- all versions give trouble of loosing IMEI when using the remove force encryption patch I suggest below. Left logs with @Zackptg5 .

**May need more testing**

-decryption is broken
-MTP is working
-ADB is working

****--Advanced menu items are not correctly on 3.2 version.
-- Some of the advanced menu was fixed in 3.3.(install root is working)

- Advanced menu has extra features.(all from source twrp)
-- install magisk (currently has V17 on OMFG V19 on LR TEAM)
-- patch dm-verity and force encrypt remove.zip. ( personally I prefer the universal dm-removal patch from xda)
-- Remove system password, (from original dev, I have not tested)
--

--Install (basic directions only)--details may be added later if needed
Open zip and fastboot flash the recovery image if bootloader is unlocked.
or
Open zip , then open scatterfile (scatter file in test 1 has issue, updating it in next test )with sp-flashtool , select download

--First boot into TWRP will give errors for unable to mount /data. This is from the force-encryption.
- When boot into TWRP, select wipe -> format type 'yes' to format data
- When format is done, return to TWRP home page, select reboot -. recovery

--Now Patch device so no longer forces encryption
-- Use built in feature from 'Advanced Menu' or use the following directions--Fails to unpack boot. (current zip used is not compatible with system-as-root boot.img)

-To remove this I use 'Disable_Dm-Verity_ForceEncrypt' from
-- https://github.com/Zackptg5/Disable_...y_ForceEncrypt -- currently based on magisk V19.2
-Download from the "Clone or Download" button on the above linked Github Page.
-Unzip the downloaded file. You will have a folder with same name as the zip package. Browse inside this folder, select all files and zip them.
-Put this new zip file onto your phone. ( Hay notice the MTP function on this TWRP works)
- in stall the zip like any normal twrp package.

--Next Install Magisk
--Use Built in Root Option from 'Advanced Menu' to use Magisk V19 or the following direction

- Goto the releases page of magisk github page. ==>LINK
- Download latest Magisk zip , Put file to phone, Install.

-- Download Folder For TWRP Ported from OMFG-Mod

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=294886

-Screenshots.
- Ported OMFG-MOD gold Button TWRP V3.2

- Ported Team LR TWRP 3.3 standard Button

Attached Below

--Thanks --Mentions
recovery source from [LR TEAM] MIUI
http: //www.miui.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=19006123&page=1&mobil e=2#pid257831639

link is newer version from ported recovery. They updated recently. Next port may use newer base as well.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2019-01-02-13-02-34.png
Views:	140
Size:	115.8 KB
ID:	4769819   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2019-01-02-13-03-10.png
Views:	138
Size:	117.9 KB
ID:	4769820   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2019-01-02-13-21-33.png
Views:	118
Size:	93.5 KB
ID:	4769821   Click image for larger version

Name:	umidigi-twrp.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	9.7 KB
ID:	4769826  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mrmazak For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mrmazak Ad-Free

31st May 2019, 03:45 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member

More
hello @ColtonDRG. Long time.

I see you posted in umidigi forum that bootloader is not checking signature. So you CAN flash images with flashtool without unlocking. Is that correct.?
I have based the above install guide on that fact that you CAN.
But the first twrp posted by "ghost45" says no it must be unlocked.

edit:

I should be able to verify later today or this weekend, when my order arrives.

OK, verified, when i used flash tool and put twrp on phone before unlocking bootloader, on reboot I was stuck in "RED" status for boot loader. So must unlock
1st June 2019, 03:03 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member

More
Flash this zip to remove the AdupsFota app

this is the update app. You will not be able to install OTA when rooted and twrp anyway, And if an OTA comes you will get stuck in recovery bootloop. So this flash file will rename the 2 apk related to OTA download and Force reboot that supposed to install that update.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Remove-AdupsFota.zip - [Click for QR Code] (1.4 KB, 60 views)
2nd June 2019, 01:48 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member

More
Reserved

Will keep this post for working on issues .

Right now , I discovered after playing with the built in dm verity patch and root install lead imei's getting erased.
Restored the full rom with flash tool fixed, will update process as necessary

Restarted from the top again.

--1 Full stock rom flashed with sp flash tool.

--2 Twrp flashed in flash tool

--3 format /data, reboot recovery

--4 use mtp to copy Disable_Dm-Verity_Forceencrypt to phone

--5 flash the decrypt zip. And at the end of flash the output log showed 'failed to mount /nvdata file not exist'
*** Waiting for input from the Patch dev. Others on his xda thread with MTK have had similar trouble***
--6 use mtp , put stock recovery file on phone. Image flash stock recovery, reboot recovery, do factory reset in stock recovery. This fixed the /nvdata error.

--7 sp flash twrp again, use built in 'install root' option from advanced menu.

Bam all done
3rd June 2019, 08:31 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 1,130

Donate to Me
More
New Umidigi f1 recovery 3.3.1 test2 is pubblished.
Test this one if all is corrected...
http://www.mediafire.com/file/1emy4t...est_2.rar/file
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ghost45 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ghost45 Ad-Free
3rd June 2019, 01:46 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost45

New Umidigi f1 recovery 3.3.1 test2 is pubblished.
Test this one if all is corrected...
http://www.mediafire.com/file/1emy4t...est_2.rar/file

Thank you, this one has no displayed errors.

I have question though.

Do you know how to make system be mounted as /system instead of /system/system ?
3rd June 2019, 09:39 PM |#7  
Hey, buddy. Good to see you on the forums again. When I picked up this device I wondered if anyone from the R1 HD days would also be on it. I seem to have misplaced mine but I'll find it eventually, send me a DM if you wanna talk about it. I'm not 100% sure about this, but the bootloader verifying signatures might have been patched in because I don't remember mine doing that when they first came out. Of course even if it does, SPFT is still useful for unbricking and downgrading, but I really doubt UMIDIGI will patch out the unlock option like BLU did.
13th August 2019, 06:43 AM |#8  
Hello again, all. I've been working on my UMIDIGI F1 again and after flashing the most recent firmware update using SPFT and trying to flash TWRP again I realized that something that changed in the latest firmware update has broken all of the existing TWRP images. Now the bootloader screen hangs for a while, sometimes a green bar appears at the top of the screen briefly, and then the phone reboots into Android. It is perhaps worth noting that when I tried to flash the upgrade in download only mode it just complained about the partition layout or something like that and then bailed, telling me to use the Format and Download option instead. I didn't do that because UMIDIGI told me not too and instead opted to try the Firmware Update option, which did work. I'm going to try to downgrade (hopefully I don't get bricked from downgrading preloader, efuses, etc) but I am a bit concerned about what has changed. Stock recovery still boots OK so it would seem to me that the bootloader isn't just completely borked, but either way it's a bit alarming that an OTA caused the custom recoveries we have to go kerplooie.
14th August 2019, 10:56 AM |#9  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColtonDRG

Hello again, all. I've been working on my UMIDIGI F1 again and after flashing the most recent firmware update using SPFT and trying to flash TWRP again I realized that something that changed in the latest firmware update has broken all of the existing TWRP images. Now the bootloader screen hangs for a while, sometimes a green bar appears at the top of the screen briefly, and then the phone reboots into Android. It is perhaps worth noting that when I tried to flash the upgrade in download only mode it just complained about the partition layout or something like that and then bailed, telling me to use the Format and Download option instead. I didn't do that because UMIDIGI told me not too and instead opted to try the Firmware Update option, which did work. I'm going to try to downgrade (hopefully I don't get bricked from downgrading preloader, efuses, etc) but I am a bit concerned about what has changed. Stock recovery still boots OK so it would seem to me that the bootloader isn't just completely borked, but either way it's a bit alarming that an OTA caused the custom recoveries we have to go kerplooie.

There is a newer twrp that has been released on 4pda.net that supposed to work on newest firmware release.
And downgrading with flashtool should work. Again need to use firmware upgrade option.
14th August 2019, 11:32 PM |#10  
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmazak

There is a newer twrp that has been released on 4pda.net that supposed to work on newest firmware release.
And downgrading with flashtool should work. Again need to use firmware upgrade option.

Downgrading worked. I couldn't find the newer TWRP version you were referring to and the website you mentioned redirects to a bunch of scammy crap.
15th August 2019, 03:33 AM |#11  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColtonDRG

Downgrading worked. I couldn't find the newer TWRP version you were referring to and the website you mentioned redirects to a bunch of scammy crap.

We have the twrp file copied to telegram group also. I'm stuck on mobile, or I would just copy the twrp here.

UMIDIGI
UMIDIGI unofficial TG group
https://t.me/UMIDIGI
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
umidigi-f1

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)