FOR METRO PCS AND T-MOBILE.
I have the Metro variant.
This is my version of the T.W.R.P custom recovery for the LG Aristo. It's a stable release but as always it is use at your own risk. The device's bootloader has to be unlocked to use this recovery as with all recoveries. To enter fastboot mode: with the device powered off hold volume down and plug in usb cable and you are in fastboot mode.
Code : fastboot flash recovery twrp.3.1.1.-0_lv3.img
The stock boot image has dm-verity, which prevents you from booting if you swipe to enable system modifications after flashing twrp!
Flash a root such as SuperSU or phh-superuser. You should also flash no-verity-opt-encrypt.zip.
Enable OEM Unlocking and usb debugging in developer options!
• YOUR BOOTLOADER MUST BE UNLOCKED
- reboot into fastboot [ adb reboot bootloader ]
- fastboot oem unlock [ this is going to wipe your data ]
If you have problems with the device drivers installed , you will need to install lg bridge app from lg that contains the device driver
How to flash the recovery:
• BOOT INTO FASTBOOT MODE:
With your phone off, connect your usb cable to your phone while holding VOLUME DOWN to boot into fastboot mode or just type [adb reboot bootloader] in the adb terminal
• ONCE YOU ARE IN FASTBOOT MODE:
Open a command prompt and type "fastboot flash recovery <path_to_recovery.img>” without the quotation marks.
Example: fastboot flash recovery C:/Users/<username>/Desktop/recovery.img
• WHEN THE FLASH COMPLETES: (Takes about 2 seconds)
On your phone, unplug the usb cable and power it off by taking out the battery and putting it back in.
• BOOT INTO RECOVERY MODE FOR THE FIRST TIME
HOLD VOLUME DOWN + POWER until you see the LG logo and then temporarily release the POWER button, immediately pressing and holding it back down until you see the white prompt [factory reset] screen. You will NEVER release the volume down button in this process!
Use the hard keys to select "YES" and then "YES" again to boot into TWRP!
How to Disable encryption & flash super su
1. In TWRP, go to Wipe > Format Data. Enter the keyword ‘yes‘, in the provided space and enter. This will wipe the automatically encrypted filesystem, and decrypt it.
2. Once the wiping is done, reboot back into recovery. Go to Reboot > Recovery.
3. When the recovery boots again, connect your phone to the PC and Enable MTP(if it isn't already enabled) under the Mount section.
4. Transfer the downloaded ‘no-verity-opt-encrypt-3.1.zip’ and ‘SuperSU-v2.82 zip´ to your internal storage or EXTSD
5. Disconnect the device now.
6. Tap on Install. Now, navigate your phone’s storage and select ‘no-verity-opt-encrypt-3.1.zip’. Finally swipe the ‘Swipe to confirm Flash’ button on the bottom of the screen.
7. The flashing process will merely take a few seconds. And when it’s done, follow the same method to flash the root package – SuperSU-v2.82.zip
Wait 1 or 2 minutes after the zip files are done flashing then reboot system and PROFIT! Your phone may take 3-5 minutes to boot the first time and it might boot-loop once or twice at the Metro PCS splash screen but don’t worry this is expected.
All required files [supersu+dm-verify disable] can be found in this thread :
Notice: After the TWRP splash screen you will see the option to type in the password to decrypt the filesystem. just ignore it and hit the cancel button.
Recovery link : https://www.mediafire.com/file/wj1jh....1.1-0_lv3.img
Please do not mirror download
Device Tree : https://github.com/czarsuperstar/and...e_lge_lv3_omni
Kernel Binary : https://github.com/czarsuperstar/and...el_lge_msm8937
iPioneer Stock rom works on this recovery also.
Current Beta Version: 3.1.1-0
Beta Release Date: 2017-08-13
Last Updated 2017-08-13
Help the development.