Thanks Meter: 1,224

Post Reply Email Thread
2nd October 2019, 07:55 PM |#211  
Thanks Meter: 1

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhedfors

Does Lineage 14.1 support running GSI ROMs? I am pretty sure Lineage 15 does. I am curious is it could work in this device.

According to what I'm reading, this may only apply to Treble devices. The Aristo is too old to support this as far as I know, but I could be wrong. The latest port being worked on was for LineageOS 16, but it didn't boot last I saw, and I'm really not able to build it here to try to fix it, and unfortunately, I'm a bit too new at this to really know where to start.
3rd October 2019, 05:19 AM |#212  
Flag Chandler, AZ
Thanks Meter: 633

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle.tk

According to what I'm reading, this may only apply to Treble devices. The Aristo is too old to support this as far as I know, but I could be wrong. The latest port being worked on was for LineageOS 16, but it didn't boot last I saw, and I'm really not able to build it here to try to fix it, and unfortunately, I'm a bit too new at this to really know where to start.

Before my OnePlus One died, running Lineage OS "trebelized" it, as it wasn't a Treble device natively. You could then run GSI ROMS. I was curious if that was the case with all devices running Lineage OS. Good luck. Here's hoping we can extend the life of this phone a bit longer.
The Following User Says Thank You to jhedfors For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jhedfors Ad-Free
29th October 2019, 04:44 AM |#213  
Flag Austin
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Twrp doesn't let me see my internal storage, wipe/reset data, or take backups (I think). I get a bunch of errors whenever I do one of those things. I’ve tried literally everything under the sun to be able to see my internal storage; all of them end up with me corrupting my data or “unsuccessfully decrypting”. I flash things via adb sideload.

Is there anyway I can somehow flash this Lineage backup via adb sideload? I don’t have a micro sd card Or anything snd my pc can’t see my phone while in twrp even with the lg air bridge or whatever those drivers were, so I haven’t ever tried using them to get Lineage. I’m getting bored of stock LG and really want Lineage...
4th November 2019, 03:15 AM |#214  

More
I am having trouble installing lineage os 14 on Lg Aristo, so could anybody help me?
2nd December 2019, 08:22 AM |#215  

More
YEY this deserves a BIIIIIG thank you
BIG THANK YOU!!! the geek in me wanna give you a hug fer this!! I went throught days to get the lock issue resolved (gotta love google) and after all that, getting bootloader unlocked, and magisk installed I found the smali module i need to run doesnt work well with LG stock rom .. YEEE thanks for the time you put into this... Feeling sooo inspired by this

ken

---------- Post added at 07:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:48 AM ----------

YEY this deserves a BIIIIIG thank you
BIG THANK YOU!!! the geek in me wanna give you a hug fer this!! I went throught days to get the lock issue resolved (gotta love google) and after all that, getting bootloader unlocked, and magisk installed I found the smali module i need to run doesnt work well with LG stock rom .. YEEE thanks for the time you put into this... Feeling sooo inspired by this

ken

(idk why it posted on the TWRP thread too. My name is simbalage21 been with the forum for along time but cant log in so I made a new account to thank you till i get it reset. i'll post updates as I use it as well

---------- Post added at 07:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:01 AM ----------

So far it worked, noticing issue with audio playing pokemonGO and apps closing when i dont want them too. I am happy to see it even load on this phone XD!!!! tysm

The audio lag is only happening while using the phone speaker. If I use bt its perfect. So I tried to remove audioFX because it crashes, Tried reinstall, and even tried viper4android as replacement. So mite be an issue with audio driver or something.. but other then that its up xD
2nd December 2019, 06:23 PM |#216  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zdogplays

I am having trouble installing lineage os 14 on Lg Aristo, so could anybody help me?

make a backup with twrp, then copy the twrp folder to the computer.. keep going till you get to the final folder containing all the files from the backup (make a copy of this if its your only backup)
overwrite those files with the ones from the download. Copy this back to the card exactly the way it was originally there.. launch twrp and do a format everything but sd (obviously)

Then click restore.. This will get you loaded or at least in the right direction.. so far this has been a godsend fer meh. i am using the metro ms210
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
lg-aristo

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)