TWRP modded to work now with Unihertz Atom

453 posts
Thanks Meter: 115

By droidzer1, Senior Member on 3rd January 2019, 03:13 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
17th May 2019, 11:55 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
The latest Magisk (19100) + Xposed (v90 beta 3) work fine for me using the TWRP posted above, in case people were wondering about it.

R
The Following User Says Thank You to flyingfishfinger For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift flyingfishfinger Ad-Free
2nd July 2019, 04:35 PM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Lost in reboot ...
Hi
I urgently need some help. I seem to be lost...

I have successfully installed TWRP on my Unihertz atom. And I can manage to go into either TWRP mode or into fastboot mode.
I can also successfully unlock the Unihertz atom with:
fastboot oem unlock-go

But what is next?
If I reboot, my phone constantly reboots. It cycles into reboot without Android coming up.
(perhaps I made something wrong).

What I actually want is: The phone should boot including Magisk.

Can anyone please help me what commands I have to issue (with the phone connected to my linux computer via USB) in order
to recover to a normal reboot? Which image-file should I use (please provide URL)?

Can anyone please help me what commands I have to issue to flash Magisk?
Which image-files I should use (please provide URL)?

If somebody has a custom rom or lineageOS rom I would be even happier ...

Thanks a lot.
7th July 2019, 02:33 PM |#13  

More
Thank you
3rd October 2019, 11:35 PM |#14  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Confirmed working with the Android 9 Pie 2019082617 ROM, latest Magisk 19.3 (19300), latest Riru core v19.5, latest Riru- EdXposed v0.4.5.1b (4463) (SandHook). EdXposed seems hit or miss after a reboot though, getting it to stick may take a few installations.

To get SP Flashtool to work, I had to hold the Volume Up key while inserting the USB cable and it would instantly connect, rather than following the OP's instructions of just inserting the cable and waiting for a black screen.

I'd love to see a custom ROM like LineageOS or something, but this is will have to do for now.
The Following User Says Thank You to SepticFuddy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SepticFuddy Ad-Free
11th October 2019, 06:37 PM |#15  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SepticFuddy

Confirmed working with the Android 9 Pie 2019082617 ROM, latest Magisk 19.3 (19300), latest Riru core v19.5, latest Riru- EdXposed v0.4.5.1b (4463) (SandHook). EdXposed seems hit or miss after a reboot though, getting it to stick may take a few installations.

To get SP Flashtool to work, I had to hold the Volume Up key while inserting the USB cable and it would instantly connect, rather than following the OP's instructions of just inserting the cable and waiting for a black screen.

I'd love to see a custom ROM like LineageOS or something, but this is will have to do for now.

Thanks for the mention of a quicker method. I've updated my post to include your info.
19th October 2019, 08:55 AM |#16  

More
LineageOS for Uniherz Atom?
Quote:

Me too!! LineageOS for the Unihertz Atom would be great!
The hadrware of the Uniherz Atom is just great, is is small and it is dual-sim. This is unique in the market.

I would be even willing to contribute with 100,- EUR if somebody delivers a working LineageOS ROM.
Any body interested?
25th October 2019, 09:57 PM |#17  
Thanks Meter: 107

More
Quote:

The main problem is that unihertz never released their source code (despite being obliged to do so according to the android licensing contract).
There are some bits in the official mediatek kernel source tree (https://android.googlesource.com/kernel/mediatek/) but I doubt that this would be enough to build something stable out of it.
2nd November 2019, 01:33 PM |#18  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
@droidzer1 Hey there, what is the difference between your modded TWRP and this test release by the TWRP Builder Project asside from the TWRP version?
8th November 2019, 02:41 AM |#19  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Kos

@droidzer1 Hey there, what is the difference between your modded TWRP and this test release by the TWRP Builder Project asside from the TWRP version?

I'm not sure what the difference is except I came out with mine in January and theirs came out in March. Theirs is about 4 Megabytes bigger - maybe a newer version (mine is 3.2.1-0). I contacted 'bigbiff' at TWRP about mine when I had it working but they were not interested unless I had a device tree which I didn't so they didn't want to post it on their site.
12th November 2019, 12:39 PM |#20  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Great, thanks for your reply. I am satisfied with you version, so I will just keep using it.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)