FORUMS

[TWRP][OFFICIAL] TWRP 3.3.x for UMIDIGI One Max [MT6763]

224 posts
Thanks Meter: 249

Thread Closed Email Thread
This TWRP recovery is compiled from source & not official yet

Team Win Recovery Project 3.x, or twrp3 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. Its a fully touch driven user interface no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

Code:
#include <std_disclaimer.h>
/*
 * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
 */
Prerequisites
1. Unlocked bootloader.

Bugs
1. No bugs
2. If you have found a bug, please consider posting it to my GitHub Issues.

Instructions
1. Go to the fastboot mode.
2. Download the recovery.img and transfer it to the adb folder.
3. Open the cmd/terminal and change directory into the adb folder.
4. Now confirm/check that device is connected by typing:-
Code:
fastboot devices
If you got your device seriel number there then you are ready to continue otherwise try connecting device again and make sure USB debugging is on and you have granted permission to the PC to debug.

5. After that we will flash this TWRP recovery to the recovery partition by below command:-
Code:
fastboot flash recovery twrp-name.img
BooM ! TWRP flashed successfully.

6. Now unplug your device and then hold power button untill the phone turned off,after that press power button while holding vol down(-) button simultaneously and you will boot into TWRP recovery mode.

Enjoy !

Downloads
Official TWRP Website : https://twrp.me/umidigi/onemax.html
GitHub Release : Here (release name : TWRP-UMIDIGI-One_Max)

Version Information
ROM OS Version: 8.1.x Oreo
Source Code: Device Tree
Based On: TWRP

Credits
Omni Team for minimal TWRP source
@chankruze (myself) for device tree and compilation.

SUPPORT
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to chankruze For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift chankruze Ad-Free
30th May 2019, 10:11 PM |#2  
Flag Miramas, France
Thanks Meter: 45

Donate to Me
More
Hey ! Good job ! I tried building my own TWRP today but then noticed someone already did it ! Does encryption work ? I cant seem to decrypt the partition after flashing your TWRP.

EDIT : Couldn't wait, ended up formatting with encryption disabled via a zip + magisk

I've then proceeded to flash some GSI for Android 9 (even tried Q Beta 3) and if we want 9.0 one day, some heavy work will be needed : Cellular doesn't work; other than that, it all seems fine to me, camera is only 12mpx, front is 13mpx. Haven't tested more, i'm back to stock

EDIT 2: After comparing camera from stock and gsi, GSI wins easily. The camera is not as slow as stock.
31st May 2019, 04:58 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 18

More
Are there any decent ROMs yet for this phone? LineageOS would be fantastic.
2nd June 2019, 09:45 AM |#4  
Flag Miramas, France
Thanks Meter: 45

Donate to Me
More
@kgoerbig not to my knowledge. Maybe I'll try porting a 9.0 GSI soon.
2nd June 2019, 09:41 PM |#5  

More
I'm not sure if this is helpful or not, but Umidigi posts stock ROM on there forum. Can ROMs be ported based on there code? Or is it more complicated then that?

https://community.umidigi.com/m/?a=viewthread&tid=18692
12th June 2019, 02:54 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 178

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by _cab13_

Hey ! Good job ! I tried building my own TWRP today but then noticed someone already did it ! Does encryption work ? I cant seem to decrypt the partition after flashing your TWRP.

EDIT : Couldn't wait, ended up formatting with encryption disabled via a zip + magisk

I've then proceeded to flash some GSI for Android 9 (even tried Q Beta 3) and if we want 9.0 one day, some heavy work will be needed : Cellular doesn't work; other than that, it all seems fine to me, camera is only 12mpx, front is 13mpx. Haven't tested more, i'm back to stock

EDIT 2: After comparing camera from stock and gsi, GSI wins easily. The camera is not as slow as stock.

I have tested LineageOS 16.0 GSI Android 9.0 (and many others ...) and it works well, even GSM and Camera.
The only thing I cannot have is a complete root : I install Magisk 19.3 correctly, but applications cannot get root permission (Titanium Backup cannot have su permission)
12th June 2019, 06:48 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Hi to all!!!

I've unlocked bootloader, flashed twrp in post but when I power Off and On+Vol - my device doesn't power up...

Also if I make fastboot reboot recovery, my device reboot in fastboot mode again...

What's wrong??? I would test Descendant_ThreeDotZero_arm64_aonly rom!!!!

Pls Help me!!!!
13th June 2019, 07:27 AM |#8  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by silviuss82

Hi to all!!!

I've unlocked bootloader, flashed twrp in post but when I power Off and On+Vol - my device doesn't power up...

Also if I make fastboot reboot recovery, my device reboot in fastboot mode again...

What's wrong??? I would test Descendant_ThreeDotZero_arm64_aonly rom!!!!

Pls Help me!!!!

If you use the stock boot.img with an GSI system image, it will not boot, you must first flash Magisk.zip before reboot!
It will disable dm-verity, and you can boot after.

If it continue reboot in bootloader mode, use spflashtool to flash a stock rom and all will be right
Or if you have a TWRP backup, restore all partitions except boot/recovery/cache/system/data and you can boot
13th June 2019, 01:32 PM |#9  

More
@ dreambo Can you make a writeup of properly unlocking the bootloader/rooting? Or did you use these methods?

https://community.umidigi.com/forum....read&tid=17376

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xM_M5XP--Z8&t=176s

I should be receiving my Umidigi One Max in a day or so, and do not want to bork anything up! I have SPflash installed both on a Win10 laptop, and on a Ubuntu Linux machine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreambo

If you use the stock boot.img with an GSI system image, it will not boot, you must first flash Magisk.zip before reboot!
It will disable dm-verity, and you can boot after.

If it continue reboot in bootloader mode, use spflashtool to flash a stock rom and all will be right
Or if you have a TWRP backup, restore all partitions except boot/recovery/cache/system/data and you can boot

13th June 2019, 02:22 PM |#10  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgoerbig

@ dreambo Can you make a writeup of properly unlocking the bootloader/rooting? Or did you use these methods?

https://community.umidigi.com/forum....read&tid=17376

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xM_M5XP--Z8&t=176s

I should be receiving my Umidigi One Max in a day or so, and do not want to bork anything up! I have SPflash installed both on a Win10 laptop, and on a Ubuntu Linux machine.

You do not need to unlock you phone, mine is rooted with Magisk and have TWRP installed without unlock bootloader.
Just use spflashtool to flash a stock rom, but replace the recovery by TWRP and the boot.img by magisk_patched.img one.

Here how I do exactly:
1- in my running stock rom, I install MagiskManager and install Magisk by choosing the last option (patch existing boot.img)
2- give it your stock boot.img (extracted from stock rom) and it create for you /sdcard/Download/magisk_patched.img
3- use this to replace your stock boot.img and use also TWRP.img to replace stock recovery.img and flash the whole rom with SPFlashTool
13th June 2019, 02:43 PM |#11  

More
Can you backup with TWRP with a locked bootloader? Isn't write access blocked with a locked bootloader?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreambo

You do not need to unlock you phone, mine is rooted with Magisk and have TWRP installed without unlock bootloader.
Just use spflashtool to flash a stock rom, but replace the recovery by TWRP and the boot.img by magisk_patched.img one.

Here how I do exactly:
1- in my running stock rom, I install MagiskManager and install Magisk by choosing the last option (patch existing boot.img)
2- give it your stock boot.img (extracted from stock rom) and it create for you /sdcard/Download/magisk_patched.img
3- use this to replace your stock boot.img and use also TWRP.img to replace stock recovery.img and flash the whole rom with SPFlashTool

Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread

Tags
umidigi-one-max
Previous Thread Next Thread