[RECOVERY][TWRP][UNOFFICIAL] TWRP 3.7.0 for UMIDIGI A5 Pro [MT6763]

Search This thread

KimLe

May 12, 2011
I followed this and it worked. The data is now decrypted.
https://telegra.ph/How-to-install-TWRP-Team-Win-Recovery-Project-10-20
I think the difference is one of the 2 things.
Use the scatter file from "For installing TWRP" and
format data before AND after installing the decrypt zip.
I glad it work out for you.

---------- Post added at 08:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:44 PM ----------

I followed this and it worked. The data is now decrypted.
I think the difference is one of the 2 things.
Use the scatter file from "For installing TWRP" and
format data before AND after installing the decrypt zip.
I did format data only one. But It is great to work out for you.:good:

PapachoZ

Dec 1, 2019
Recovery mode doent start

Hi I bought, an Umidigi A5 Pro on Black friday reading this guide, It seem that the root was be easy.
Today I start to work on it.
I unlock bootloader with correct commands, I try to flash with fastboot and with sp_flash tool.
I reset data to factory 2 times, reflash the stock rom (UMIDIGI_A5_Pro.E_V1.5_20191008) but on my phone TWRP doesnt appear, I continue to have the standard factory.

Any idea?

But the result is always the same.

On my phone came back always the standard recovery software and not the TWRP.

Any idea? (my phone was arrived with european version of software).

PapachoZ

Dec 1, 2019
Hi I bought, an Umidigi A5 Pro on Black friday reading this guide, It seem that the root was be easy.
Today I start to work on it.
I unlock bootloader with correct commands, I try to flash with fastboot and with sp_flash tool.
I reset data to factory 2 times, reflash the stock rom (UMIDIGI_A5_Pro.E_V1.5_20191008) but on my phone TWRP doesnt appear, I continue to have the standard factory.

Any idea?

But the result is always the same.

On my phone came back always the standard recovery software and not the TWRP.

Any idea? (my phone was arrived with european version of software).

Later, i reflash STOCK rom, reflash the restore.img, and start the phone, the problem was only of sequence of pressing to log into TWRP, with warning splash screen it doesnt work.
Be careful, if I release keys when screen turn on, I can switch to recovery.
I cannot undestand why If I press vol-down + power I go to original firmware restore and not to TWRP... But I'm happy to have solved.

Thanks alot for custom recovery.

theheban

Dec 29, 2019
Help!!!! Please!!!

I've tried dozens of guides of how to install TWRP, but when I bootload to recovery, it says something like "Device verification failed" It has safe boot or verify boot on in the short term and I don't know how to turn it off. Also, it won't let me use fastboot on this device on USB 2.0 or 3.0. This sucks, I want to install pixel experience. Thank you!

chooks06

Jan 12, 2015
singapore
I've tried dozens of guides of how to install TWRP, but when I bootload to recovery, it says something like "Device verification failed" It has safe boot or verify boot on in the short term and I don't know how to turn it off. Also, it won't let me use fastboot on this device on USB 2.0 or 3.0. This sucks, I want to install pixel experience. Thank you!
Sorry if my input is useless...

After trying each guide, did you continue without "resetting" phone to stock image (thorough SPFT)?

That is a possibility. For me, if one guide didn't work, I would go through the agony of flashing stock before trying another guide.

BUT.. Must remember to relock bootloader (if it was unlocked)Bbefore reflashing stock FW.

I'm not responsible if you hard brick your device because I'm not not an expert or trained in this area.. Just sharing from past experiences on MTKV devices from different OEMs.

AFAIK there's no "official" TWRP for this phone.

Edit- wishing all a blessed 2020 in advance. Cheers!

theheban

Dec 29, 2019
Sorry if my input is useless...

After trying each guide, did you continue without "resetting" phone to stock image (thorough SPFT)?

That is a possibility. For me, if one guide didn't work, I would go through the agony of flashing stock before trying another guide.

BUT.. Must remember to relock bootloader (if it was unlocked)Bbefore reflashing stock FW.

I'm not responsible if you hard brick your device because I'm not not an expert or trained in this area.. Just sharing from past experiences on MTKV devices from different OEMs.

AFAIK there's no "official" TWRP for this phone.

Edit- wishing all a blessed 2020 in advance. Cheers!

I tried everything you suggested, I flashed the stock rom and everything is great, but I still cannot flash the TWRP Recovery because it still has verify boot on, I need a way to turn it off.

CriticEd

Jan 25, 2020
Please can somebody help me , I have the umidigi a5 pro and I can't get fastboot to work on it. I have installed adb and fastboot on my PC. I can use adb commands but not fastboot. Heelp I've tried installing every usb driver for this phone but I can't find the correct one . I want to unlock my bootloader so I can get twrp.

chooks06

Jan 12, 2015
singapore
Please can somebody help me , I have the umidigi a5 pro and I can't get fastboot to work on it. I have installed adb and fastboot on my PC. I can use adb commands but not fastboot. Heelp I've tried installing every usb driver for this phone but I can't find the correct one . I want to unlock my bootloader so I can get twrp.
What fastboot commands?

fastboot oem unlocking

is suggested for unlocking bootloader.
Edit.-i haven't tried myself.

Did you turn on "allow OEM unlocking" in Developers Options?

I'm not responsible if phone gets bricked

Last edited:

CriticEd

Jan 25, 2020
Yes I have everything enabled , including usb debugging . But it still won't work it says waiting for device when I use fastboot

chooks06

Jan 12, 2015
singapore
Yes I have everything enabled , including usb debugging . But it still won't work it says waiting for device when I use fastboot
Not sure if you have tried using ADB command < adb reboot bootloader >. That should restart the phone directly to fastboot. Wait for PC to detect.

Edit - I use minimal ADB and Win 7. But I haven't tried on this phone yet.

Last edited:

CriticEd

Jan 25, 2020
I have tried using adb commands to boot it up into fsstboot. but Everytime I do that my fastbott commands wouldn't work. I'm not sure why I get stuck on waiting for device

---------- Post added at 02:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:57 PM ----------

I've been trying to follow this sites instructions, but they don't elaborate on how to install bootloader on the umidigi a5 pro.
I need the umidigi a5 pro usb driver . I can't find it anywhere

---------- Post added at 02:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:15 PM ----------

The problem is my phone doesn't get detected by my coumputer when enters fastboot. I can use adb commands fine, but not fastboot ones

chooks06

Jan 12, 2015
singapore
I have tried using adb commands to boot it up into fsstboot. but Everytime I do that my fastbott commands wouldn't work. I'm not sure why I get stuck on waiting for device

---------- Post added at 02:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:57 PM ----------

I've been trying to follow this sites instructions, but they don't elaborate on how to install bootloader on the umidigi a5 pro.
I need the umidigi a5 pro usb driver . I can't find it anywhere
I believe the driver should be available in Umidigi A5 Pro ROM download page.

I also think it's the generic lot of MTK drivers that's there.

Maybe you want to give that a try.

I don't have any idea why you're stuck at waiting for device in fastboot.

Anybody else any idea?

bakaou

Feb 10, 2020
Hello i'm stuck trying to install twrp on the umidigi A5 pro. i get the sucess message when flashing with adb . but i get the regular recovery menu not twrp. i tried sp flash tools too and hadenix youtube video too but no sucess; can someone help pls.

Jsp Pac

Jun 3, 2013
Can't boot to custom recovery

I have the same issue. After flashing the recovery and using the key combinations to get to the boot screen, any time I select the boot to recovery option the phone boots to fastboot mode instead of the custom recovery. Any solution for this?

---------- Post added at 10:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:41 AM ----------

Hello i'm stuck trying to install twrp on the umidigi A5 pro. i get the sucess message when flashing with adb . but i get the regular recovery menu not twrp. i tried sp flash tools too and hadenix youtube video too but no sucess; can someone help pls.

Hello have you been able to fix this? if so how?

CheepPlüm

Feb 18, 2020
Can i flash official updates/rom with this twrp recovery? Or how do i update my rom if "IF" a update rolls?

Thx

dodgydave100

May 2, 2011
I have the same issue. After flashing the recovery and using the key combinations to get to the boot screen, any time I select the boot to recovery option the phone boots to fastboot mode instead of the custom recovery. Any solution for this?

---------- Post added at 10:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:41 AM ----------

Hello have you been able to fix this? if so how?

I have the same issue as others. Whether i flash TWRP through fastboot or SP Tools it always says success but when i reboot into recovery the stock recovery is still installed. I've tried different versions of TWRP and none stick. Anyone any ideas please?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    photo_2023-10-21_10-54-05.jpg

Team Win Recovery Project 3.x, or twrp3 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. Its a fully touch driven user interface no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

Prerequisites
    1. Unlocked bootloader.

Instructions
    1. Go to the fastboot mode.
    2. Download the recovery.img and transfer it to the adb folder.
    3. Open the cmd/terminal and change directory into the adb folder.
    4. Now confirm/check that device is connected by typing:-
    Code:
    fastboot devices
    If you got your device seriel number there then you are ready to continue otherwise try connecting device again and make sure USB debugging is on and you have granted permission to the PC to debug.
    After that we will flash this TWRP recovery to the recovery partition by below command:-
    Code:
    fastboot flash recovery TWRP_3.7.0_9_20231020_Hadenix-breeze.img
    BooM ! TWRP flashed successfully.

6. Now unplug your device and then hold power button untill the phone turned off,after that press power button while holding vol down(-) button simultaneously and you will boot into TWRP recovery mode.

Enjoy !

XDA:DevDB Information
    TWRP Recovery, Tool/Utility for the Umidigi A5 Pro

Contributors
    kiruha_21, TeamReloaded

Version Information
    ROM OS Version:
    9.0 Pie
    Based On: TWRP
    Current Stable Version: 3.7.0_9

Downloads: TWRP_by_Hadenix

SUPPORT:
    Unofficial Telegram Channel
    - Amendments to recovery.fstab. List of sections returned to stock
    - Cleared the excess in the tree
    - Added new flags for assembly
    - init.recovery.mt6763.rc fixed
    - ADB now works
    - Updated source to 9.0.0 r47
    - zImage from firmware 1.4
    - Added to the recovery_dtbo.img assembly from firmware 1.4
    - And much more
    TWRP_3.3.1_20190812
    - Minor changes in the section # enable stock zip packages flash
    - Updated recovery.fstab
    - Posted by Hadenix
    - Excluded from TWRP APP assembly
    - A new separate version with the prefix E, for the European version. The international version is going without the prefix E
    - And minor corrections
    - At the first start it will ask you to Enter a password, press the back button.
    - So that we have access to the internal memory, the recovery will not be overwritten - We put it through TWRP Attached file Disable_Dm-Verity_ForceEncrypt_02.04.2019.zip (4.16 MB)
    (the file must be put in advance on an external flash card)
    - Go to CLEAN - Format Data. Write yes and click the checkmark on the right. ALL DATA WILL BE DESTROYED and the phone will return to the factory state
    - We reboot into the system, the next time you enter the recovery, access to the internal memory will be.
    Disable_Dm-Verity_ForceEncrypt_02.04.2019