FORUMS

[TWRP] Unofficial custom recovery for MT6580-based clones.

879 posts
Thanks Meter: 128

By blakegriplingph, Senior Member on 23rd November 2016, 01:21 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
DISCLAIMER: I am not responsible if your device gets messed up royally, explodes or causes you to go nuts because you couldn't get this thing to work. I'm no expert coder either, but I am willing to fix things as much as I can.

I actually did this as there's practically no support whatsoever for that counterfeit phone of mine (yeah I know, you get what you pay for, but I bought this Galaxy S7 clone mostly for science). None of the existing porting tools work for the MT6580, and while manually porting an existing TWRP image to my phone works, it simply isn't cutting it as most of these recoveries are designed for a conventional framebuffer setup, not on devices with flipped LCDs. Fortunately there's this source tree for the Infinix Hot 2 TWRP port, and as the partition setup seems to be largely the same apart from differing capacities and the aforementioned LCD issue, this had to be done.

This should theoretically work on HDC S7 clones and a few others albeit with a few modifications, though I ported this from source with the Z6U030/GXQ6580 in mind. I know the latter isn't as widely known as the HDC model, let alone the original, but oh well...

SCREENSHOTS:

DOWNLOADS:
You may download the initial recovery release here: https://github.com/huckleberrypie/an..._twrp/releases

The recovery should work best on this ROM, but may also work on other devices provided you replaced the kernel with the one that came with your device:
http://www.4shared.com/rar/6mMhYIk5c...30HA_V105.html

And as for the sources, you can download the device tree here: https://github.com/huckleberrypie/an...ps_z6u030_twrp

Credits
My biggest props to the TeamWin team for making this little project of mine possible, as they're basically the ones who made this in the first place; I merely forked it to account for my device's configuration anyway. I'd also like to thank my pals over at American Girl Adult Collectors especially Amy and Molly, Arnee Libelo and Arturo of Driving Passion, and my buds Andy Vandjick and HardcoreHacker for the fun and expertise they shared.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to blakegriplingph For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift blakegriplingph Ad-Free
24th November 2016, 01:23 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
plz rom
MT6580_alps_gxq6580_weg_l_Android5.1_Z6U030HA_V107 En

---------- Post added at 02:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:01 PM ----------

How to install twrp
1st December 2016, 01:20 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Here are the /lib and /usr files that you requested.
Attached Files
File Type: rar lib_and_usr.rar - [Click for QR Code] (5.66 MB, 5044 views)
21st January 2017, 03:39 PM |#4  
Flag Cavite
Thanks Meter: 12

More
hi. did USB Storage is working on yours? I tried to port another version of this recovery(Jemmeni's port) and seems to work fine except for error in mounting USB Storage. I need to work on that.
The Following User Says Thank You to PAPalinskie For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift PAPalinskie Ad-Free
21st January 2017, 10:44 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Yup, everything works apart from the lack of USB-OTG.
The Following User Says Thank You to blakegriplingph For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift blakegriplingph Ad-Free
7th February 2017, 01:52 PM |#6  
Flag Cavite

More
maybe i'll try your copy. maybe it work. and also, after screen time out, the screen was turned on again. how to fix that? i removed otg from mount points. that is the only solution if your kernel didn't support otg
7th February 2017, 02:47 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Not sure what to do with the screen issue tbh; I just wanted a recovery for this rather obscure knockoff I use. Feel free to post your fork when you're done with it, aight?
10th February 2017, 08:30 AM |#8  
Flag Cavite

More
i cant download the file at dev-host and it prompts as dangerous website warning instead. please upload to another file hosting site or attach here instead.
10th February 2017, 11:38 AM |#9  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAPalinskie

i cant download the file at dev-host and it prompts as dangerous website warning instead. please upload to another file hosting site or attach here instead.

I posted it on my Github page - there are two releases, one for v105 and another for v106.
11th February 2017, 05:52 PM |#10  
Flag Cavite

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by blakegriplingph

I posted it on my Github page - there are two releases, one for v105 and another for v106.

thanks brother.
The Following User Says Thank You to PAPalinskie For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift PAPalinskie Ad-Free
12th February 2017, 07:23 AM |#11  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAPalinskie

thanks brother.

No problem mate.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
clone, fake, galaxy s7, mt6580, twrp