FORUMS

[TWRP] Unofficial custom recovery for MT6580-based clones.

901 posts
Thanks Meter: 132
 
Post Reply Email Thread
30th August 2019, 03:10 AM |#191  
Junior Member
Flag Sargodha
Thanks Meter: 0
 
Donate to Me
More
bro i send you my Phone details as ss can you please guide me Ss of About Phone

---------- Post added at 02:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:02 AM ----------

bro can you please guide me SS OF About Phone Qmobile S8

---------- Post added at 02:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:04 AM ----------

i have done twrp for mt6580 from sp flash tool but it was installed but mobile can't go in recovery mode

---------- Post added at 02:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:07 AM ----------

QMobile S8
31st August 2019, 01:55 AM |#192  
blakegriplingph's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 132
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbnshq

bro i send you my Phone details as ss can you please guide me

Ss of About Phone


---------- Post added at 02:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:02 AM ----------

bro can you please guide me
SS OF About Phone Qmobile S8


---------- Post added at 02:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:04 AM ----------

i have done twrp for mt6580 from sp flash tool but it was installed but mobile can't go in recovery mode

---------- Post added at 02:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:07 AM ----------

QMobile S8

Mind if I refer you to this thread? Don't have the time and/or patience to do TWRP recoveries by request anymore, sorry:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/and...-code-t3833338
3rd April 2020, 07:50 PM |#193  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
I recently received a counterfeit MT6580 clone of a K20 Pro. I am happy to struggle through the TWRP porting process for this guy. I cloned your repo but ran into build problems concerning the omni device not being immediately found. Are there any other steps I should try outside of your compilation bullets on github?

If you are detached from supporting this type of port I could definitely use a pointer to a TWRP porting guide. I am comfortable building Android/Lineage environments but TWRP builds are new to me.
3rd April 2020, 08:04 PM |#194  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 244
 
More
maybe a bit outdated but MT6580 is old device https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho....php?t=2798257 (you can use Generic TWRP v3.3.1-0 from Samad Segmane as base i have ported MT6580 myself too)
The Following User Says Thank You to aIecxs For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift aIecxs Ad-Free
21st May 2020, 05:35 PM |#195  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aIecxs

maybe a bit outdated but MT6580 is old device https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho....php?t=2798257 (you can use Generic TWRP v3.3.1-0 from Samad Segmane as base i have ported MT6580 myself too)

Thanks for the link. I looked into EasyMagic quite a bit but ran into the "Aborting: Img too big. Partitions overlap." I've attempted the fixes listed in the forum topic but nothing seems to ever change during the process and the tool does not provide much more than the same abort strings in a log.txt file.

When you say you used Samad Segmane as a base and ported do you mean I could clone that TWRP source down and follow this guide?
21st May 2020, 06:03 PM |#196  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 244
 
More
with porting i mean just replace kernel file from your stock recovery, no need to compile from source
21st May 2020, 08:04 PM |#197  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aIecxs

with porting i mean just replace kernel file from your stock recovery, no need to compile from source

This bit of advice worked perfectly. I unpacked the twrp image "twrp-3-3-1-0-recovery-for-MT6580_cubot_king_kong.zip" and then replaced the existing zImage with the kernel I lifted from my device. I pulled the mkbootimg source and fixed the address offsets mentioned during the unpacking phase of my original recovery. After rebuilding the new TWRP image I flashed it down and it booted!

Now onto building a kernel image.
21st May 2020, 08:51 PM |#198  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 244
 
More
just a hint AIK is very noob friendly one-klick-tool. all you need to do is disable Antivir (will give false heuristic for sudo.exe but you can trust osm0sis) download the zip, extract it run the unpackimg.bat
The Following User Says Thank You to aIecxs For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift aIecxs Ad-Free
21st May 2020, 09:20 PM |#199  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aIecxs

just a hint AIK is very noob friendly one-klick-tool. all you need to do is disable Antivir (will give false heuristic for sudo.exe but you can trust osm0sis) download the zip, extract it run the unpackimg.bat

I wanted to test out using AIK but I use Linux 95% of the time for the build environment and the descriptions implied it was a Windows tool. Most of the random Android kernels I have experience with are a lot less painful to build in the Linux environment.

Unfortunately my clone's kernel tag, "ALPS.L1.MP6.V2.19_FLYCOM6580.WE.9.L_P1", doesn't seem to return any hits and there is no config built into the image. The closest thing I have found to kernel source are instructions on building the clone's kernel in a foreign language and this github repository. I have no idea how close or far off this might be for building but I think I can use TWRP to get /proc/last_kmsg out after a build attempt.
The Following User Says Thank You to htc_unenthusiast For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift htc_unenthusiast Ad-Free
22nd May 2020, 12:09 PM |#200  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 244
 
More
just scroll down to bottom of OP and download AIK for linux.

why do you want to build the kernel?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
clone, fake, galaxy s7, mt6580, twrp

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes