FORUMS

[TWRP] Unofficial custom recovery for MT6580-based clones.

901 posts
Thanks Meter: 132

Post Reply Email Thread
6th August 2017, 03:22 PM |#21  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenixpb

well thanks for your reply anyway

i continue digging

Sorry about that. I might try to edit the one I forked this recovery from though, assuming you can send me the stock firmware from your phone so I can look into the recovery image.
6th August 2017, 06:06 PM |#22  
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by blakegriplingph

Sorry about that. I might try to edit the one I forked this recovery from though, assuming you can send me the stock firmware from your phone so I can look into the recovery image.

Well stock rom is available here

https://www.needrom.com/download/arc...1-platinum-3g/
The Following User Says Thank You to phoenixpb For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift phoenixpb Ad-Free
19th October 2017, 03:52 AM |#23  
Flag Jakarta
Thanks Meter: 34

Donate to Me
More
Hi,

Recently I bought a fake phone with MT-6580 and also with a flipped screen. Would the specs matters? as mine has 512MB of RAM and only 2GB storage? thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to glen.ricky For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift glen.ricky Ad-Free
27th November 2017, 02:01 AM |#24  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Hi Guys,

I have a clone Samsung S7 Pro (SM-G930F MT-6580), will it work for the unit?

I have used CPU-Z into it and it describes the phone as ALPS Brand, 4k plus RAM and 64Plus internal memory.

Thanks in advance!

Cheers!

p.s. the reason i wanted to do this is to make the phone's response time faster, it lags most time and if i hit a quick back button - it stalls the phone. also, i wanted to have the phone rooted so i could remove the apps i know i will never be using that always processes.

Cheers!
The Following User Says Thank You to Tantarado For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Tantarado Ad-Free
27th November 2017, 03:02 AM |#25  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tantarado

Hi Guys,
I have a clone Samsung S7 Pro (SM-G930F MT-6580), will it work for the unit?
I have used CPU-Z into it and it describes the phone as ALPS Brand, 4k plus RAM and 64Plus internal memory.
Thanks in advance!
Cheers!

p.s. the reason i wanted to do this is to make the phone's response time faster, it lags most time and if i hit a quick back button - it stalls the phone. also, i wanted to have the phone rooted so i could remove the apps i know i will never be using that always processes.

Cheers!

Can you take some pics of the stock recovery please? Well since there are a number of clones which are mutually incompatible with each other and all. If it's a GXQ6580 clone like mine it would work, but as I said I need to get more about your device's internals first.
27th November 2017, 03:07 AM |#26  

More
Quote:

Can you take some pics of the stock recovery please? Well since there are a number of clones which are mutually incompatible with each other and all. If it's a GXQ6580 clone like mine it would work, but as I said I need to get more about your device's internals first.

how do i do that? and where can i find this stock recovery? is it the one that appear every time i press the up vol + power + home button all at the same time?

Cheers!
The Following User Says Thank You to Tantarado For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Tantarado Ad-Free
27th November 2017, 04:06 AM |#27  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

how do i do that? and where can i find this stock recovery? is it the one that appear every time i press the up vol + power + home button all at the same time?

Cheers!

Yup, that's the one I am referring to. Just take a pic of it so I could see the internal build number.
27th November 2017, 04:58 AM |#28  

More
Quote:

Yup, that's the one I am referring to. Just take a pic of it so I could see the internal build number.

Here's what you requested.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20171127_144936.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	249.3 KB
ID:	4343858  
27th November 2017, 05:04 AM |#29  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Here's what you requested.

From the looks of it, it's a different model from mine then. I *might* do a port if you could dump the recovery image, but I don't have a Linux distro atm so no guarantees.
27th November 2017, 05:48 AM |#30  

More
Quote:

From the looks of it, it's a different model from mine then. I *might* do a port if you could dump the recovery image, but I don't have a Linux distro atm so no guarantees.

OIC....

Well i think i'll just have to wait, until alps come out with a a new firmware.

Thanks and Cheers!

---------- Post added at 01:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:14 PM ----------

BTW, is there a way to keep the phone from going back to Pilipino (language) everytime i restart the phone? and also to delete all other language except english?

Cheers!
27th November 2017, 06:32 AM |#31  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

OIC....

Well i think i'll just have to wait, until alps come out with a a new firmware.

Thanks and Cheers!

---------- Post added at 01:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:14 PM ----------

BTW, is there a way to keep the phone from going back to Pilipino (language) everytime i restart the phone? and also to delete all other language except english?

Cheers!

Sorry about that mate. Strange it sets itself back to Tagalog on reboot. Not sure on how to fix that bug, but have you tried doing a factory reset?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
clone, fake, galaxy s7, mt6580, twrp

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)