[TWRP] Unofficial custom recovery for MT6580-based clones.

Search This thread

blakegriplingph

May 13, 2011
Amazon Fire
Realme C3
DISCLAIMER: I am not responsible if your device gets messed up royally, explodes or causes you to go nuts because you couldn't get this thing to work. I'm no expert coder either, but I am willing to fix things as much as I can.

I actually did this as there's practically no support whatsoever for that counterfeit phone of mine (yeah I know, you get what you pay for, but I bought this Galaxy S7 clone mostly for science). None of the existing porting tools work for the MT6580, and while manually porting an existing TWRP image to my phone works, it simply isn't cutting it as most of these recoveries are designed for a conventional framebuffer setup, not on devices with flipped LCDs. Fortunately there's this source tree for the Infinix Hot 2 TWRP port, and as the partition setup seems to be largely the same apart from differing capacities and the aforementioned LCD issue, this had to be done.

This should theoretically work on HDC S7 clones and a few others albeit with a few modifications, though I ported this from source with the Z6U030/GXQ6580 in mind. I know the latter isn't as widely known as the HDC model, let alone the original, but oh well...

SCREENSHOTS:
YJSB3lUl.png
mFVIRE4l.png

xFWKUcKl.png
jzHIDJgl.png

DOWNLOADS:
You may download the initial recovery release here: https://github.com/huckleberrypie/android_device_alps_z6u030_twrp/releases

The recovery should work best on this ROM, but may also work on other devices provided you replaced the kernel with the one that came with your device:
http://www.4shared.com/rar/6mMhYIk5ce/Galaxy_S7_mt6580_Z6U030HA_V105.html

And as for the sources, you can download the device tree here: https://github.com/huckleberrypie/android_device_alps_z6u030_twrp

Credits
My biggest props to the TeamWin team for making this little project of mine possible, as they're basically the ones who made this in the first place; I merely forked it to account for my device's configuration anyway. I'd also like to thank my pals over at American Girl Adult Collectors especially Amy and Molly, Arnee Libelo and Arturo of Driving Passion, and my buds Andy Vandjick and HardcoreHacker for the fun and expertise they shared. :D

Last edited:

alinjeb

Nov 6, 2016
plz rom
MT6580_alps_gxq6580_weg_l_Android5.1_Z6U030HA_V107En

---------- Post added at 02:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:01 PM ----------

How to install twrp

PAPalinskie

Jun 23, 2013
Cavite
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
maybe i'll try your copy. maybe it work. and also, after screen time out, the screen was turned on again. how to fix that? i removed otg from mount points. that is the only solution if your kernel didn't support otg

reynanregodon

Jun 11, 2017
need twrp scatter file

MT6580__samsung__A9__A9__5.1__Z8054_5.1_V2.9_20161017-193505. .twrp scatter file for this . .thanks

blakegriplingph

May 13, 2011
Amazon Fire
Realme C3
Bro I have a Yezz 5E3 with Chipset Mediatek MT6580M, can this work in it?

Try extracting the stock recovery off your phone, then open it using Carliv's IMG Kitchen. Then see if you could add the mount points from your phone to the recovery I compiled. Beware though, the recovery I made is for a flipped LCD so I am not sure if it will work without removing the flipped LCD flag and recompiling TWRP from source.

phoenixpb

Dec 18, 2010
hi
i have an archos 101 3g platinum with mt6580 (android nougat)

any chance to succeed to install twrp on it ? i already have a samsung a5 and an asus zenphone 2 rooted with twrp installed

adb shell is working and i have access to bootloader mode
and fastboot is working too, i only need a valid twrp.img

ty :)

Last edited:

blakegriplingph

May 13, 2011
Amazon Fire
Realme C3
hi
i have an archos 101 3g platinum with mt6580 (android nougat)

any chance to succeed to install twrp on it ? i already have a samsung a5 and an asus zenphone 2 rooted with twrp installed

adb shell is working and i have access to bootloader mode
and fastboot is working too, i only need a valid twrp.img

ty :)

I don't have access to a build environment atm, so I am not sure if I could do a TWRP source port for you. :/

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    DISCLAIMER: I am not responsible if your device gets messed up royally, explodes or causes you to go nuts because you couldn't get this thing to work. I'm no expert coder either, but I am willing to fix things as much as I can.

I actually did this as there's practically no support whatsoever for that counterfeit phone of mine (yeah I know, you get what you pay for, but I bought this Galaxy S7 clone mostly for science). None of the existing porting tools work for the MT6580, and while manually porting an existing TWRP image to my phone works, it simply isn't cutting it as most of these recoveries are designed for a conventional framebuffer setup, not on devices with flipped LCDs. Fortunately there's this source tree for the Infinix Hot 2 TWRP port, and as the partition setup seems to be largely the same apart from differing capacities and the aforementioned LCD issue, this had to be done.

This should theoretically work on HDC S7 clones and a few others albeit with a few modifications, though I ported this from source with the Z6U030/GXQ6580 in mind. I know the latter isn't as widely known as the HDC model, let alone the original, but oh well...

SCREENSHOTS:
    YJSB3lUl.png
    mFVIRE4l.png

xFWKUcKl.png
    jzHIDJgl.png

DOWNLOADS:
    You may download the initial recovery release here: https://github.com/huckleberrypie/android_device_alps_z6u030_twrp/releases

The recovery should work best on this ROM, but may also work on other devices provided you replaced the kernel with the one that came with your device:
    http://www.4shared.com/rar/6mMhYIk5ce/Galaxy_S7_mt6580_Z6U030HA_V105.html

And as for the sources, you can download the device tree here: https://github.com/huckleberrypie/android_device_alps_z6u030_twrp

Credits
    My biggest props to the TeamWin team for making this little project of mine possible, as they're basically the ones who made this in the first place; I merely forked it to account for my device's configuration anyway. I'd also like to thank my pals over at American Girl Adult Collectors especially Amy and Molly, Arnee Libelo and Arturo of Driving Passion, and my buds Andy Vandjick and HardcoreHacker for the fun and expertise they shared. :D
    backup is useless because corrupt preloader is unrecoverable. it's not even on region EMMC_USER but has it's own region. therefore always uncheck preloader in SP Flash Tool before flashing any ROM. just don't touch it and nothing can harm it

Are you sure the preloader is unrecoverable? Many informative videos and writeups I pulled yesterday suggested using META mode to re-write the preloader area through SP Flash Tool. I confirmed this mode by removing the battery, holding volume up, and then plugging in the usb cable. In Linux it enumerates as an MT USB device.

I agree it should be left alone. Unfortunately when there is a dead battery present the screen flashes a "plug out usb" error message which is not a good indicator of state. Most search results online relate that error message to a corrupt preloader.
    Can someone please build a custom TWRP recovery image for me?
    Phone - Aligator S5065 Duo, Android 7.0, kernel 3.18.35+

Additional Info:
    BB Chip : mt6580
    MS Board. : ALIGATORS5065
    Build Time : Tue Jan 23 15:35:41 CST 2018
    Krenel Ver. : 3.18.35+ (server@droi) (gcc version 4.8 (GCC)) #2 SMP PREEMPT Tue Jan 23 16:11:14 CST 2018
    Android Ver. : 7.0
    SW Ver. : alps-mp-n0.mp2-V1-droi6580.weg.n
    Custom Build Verno. : unknown
    IMEI1 : xxx
    IMEI2 : xxx
    Modem Ver. ALIGATOR_S5065_OS_1.1_2018 0123
    Bar code : 010901MT000000000000003891_155648

Recovery images: https://ulozto.net/!xdJM9EOid1zh/aligator-zip
    The archive contains two files:
    1) recovery.img - recovery image from my phone read back using SP Flash Tool and scatter file form a downloaded firmware, which I don't really know if it is correct
    2) from_zip.img - recovery image from the mentioned downloaded firmware, which should be for my phone but I'm not sure

Thank you very much :)

Ill see what i can do for you :)
    Apologies if I am unable to do TWRP images for your phones as I've been incredibly busy lately. I'll see if I could accommodate you guys though.
    "Ok try this may possibly be like 200kb to big" - meaning the recovery image, could this be the culprit?
    I thought, if it was too big, I would get an error message?
    But to me it seems, that the recovery partition is not near the NVRAM partition, I've attached the scatter from the downloaded zip.

Glad my TWRP is working well for you glad i used 3.2.3 as its got latest decryption features :)

Anyhow the extra 200kb wont do that to nvram if it was to big for the BOOTIMG partition fastboot would have stopped the flash before it began and given an error message of check the load image size is correct or not

Only thing i can think of is that you installed magisk before decrypting the encrytable storage and then trying to boot, as for orange state format /data in wipe menu it will unencrypt the storage.

As for getting your imei back you need to flash your stock firmware back and it will come back no problem ive had it dissapear on my MT6737M more times than i can count stock flash always brings it back, i noticed you mentioned about your pmt info being changed for the rom this means that your scatter is not absolute correct in all aspects,

Load each file individually to see if any will give you any errors on any partitions, dont format to change the pmt either youll be stuck on infinite bootlogo with little hope of fixing it more than likely,

And dont flash preloader, or lk with that scatter you will only make things worse rule number 1 with TWRP also always backup EFS/NVRAM before doing anything especially with magisk and all the patching it does.

hope this info helps :)