** Disclaimer I am not responsible if flashing this ROM bricks your phone or causes thermonuclear war and ends the world as we know it. You have been warned.
- ROM Target Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab E [SM-T560NU ]
- ROM Status: Stable
- ROM OS: LineageOS 14.1
- Project GitHub Repositories: https://github.com/Galaxy-MSM8916
- Project Gerrit Review site: https://review.msm8916.com/
- Bug reports: https://bugs.msm8916.com/
- Telegram Channel (for ROM build/completion notifications): https://telegram.me/GrandPrimeTWFZ
- Telegram Group (for Q&A): https://telegram.me/joinchat/AJrZvz_pGY7Pvfis9kzMwA
Verify your device codename before downloading any firmwares or recovery images!
SM-T560NU - gtelwifiue
All Jenkins builds are testing builds, and as such, are likely to be extremely unstable or
All builds: https://download.msm8916.com/ Jenkins Builds Builds: https://jenkins.msm8916.com/job/Line..._Galaxy_Tab_E/ TWRP Builds: https://jenkins.msm8916.com/job/TWRP_Builds/ GApps: http://opengapps.org/?arch=arm&variant=micro&api=7.1 RSS: https://jenkins.msm8916.com/job/Line...ab_E/rssLatest
If you are completely new to flashing custom ROMs and have no idea how to begin, start by downloading a TWRP image for your device from the links above and flash it using the ODIN tool (see below).
You cannot flash a custom ROM over stock recovery, so downloading a custom recovery is the first thing you will need to do.
* Download a recent .zip file from the links above for your device.
* Reboot into recovery mode [Press Power+Volume Up+Home].
* Wipe your data and cache partition (equivalent to doing a Factory Reset)
if you are coming from a stock ROM.
* Either: Plug in your phone into your computer, copy the zip file to a location on your Internal or External Storage on a device, click Install on TWRP on your phone and locate the zip file in the phone, or:
* Plug in your phone into your computer, and open Advanced->ADB Sideload on TWRP on your phone and swipe the slider to enter sideload mode.
Then open a command prompt/terminal on your computer in the folder you put the file by Shift-Clicking (Shift+Right Click) and selecting "Open Command Prompt/Terminal Here" (you will need to have adb installed) and type:
adb sideload name_of_zip.zip
to sideload the file. Replace name_of_zip.zip with the name of the file. If you are running Linux you may need to type adb kill-server and use sudo adb sideload if you get an `Insufficient Permissions` error.
* Download and flash GApps in the same way.
* Install samsung device drivers and then the adb utils from here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho....php?t=2588979 * Then enable developer mode, connect your phone to usb, and from cmd paste this command: adb logcat > %userprofile%/Desktop/logcat.txt then try to reproduce the bug. * The logcat file will be on your desktop.
* Install the adb utils from your distribution's package manager and execute the command: adb logcat > ~/logcat.txt then try to reproduce the bug. * The logcat file will be on your home directory.
* If you cant connect the device through adb on windows because the drivers, connect the device over wifi, enable adb over network on the quick setting tiles, and type:
adb connect [ip address here]
* OMS/Substratum theming support. * The usual LineageOS features. * All builds support over-the-air updates.
Q: Are you taking device requests?
A: If and only if the device is using an msm8916 chip, and you're willing to buy me/donate the device for testing, sure.
Q: But I don't have that kind of money! What else?
A: Alternatively, if you're skilled with Linux and adb, and have an unsupported device, if you're willing to work with me as a tester, that works as well.
Q: Are you accepting feature requests?
A: Unless you're willing to implement it yourself, no.
Q: Can you make XXX ROM as well as LOS?
A: Unless more people donate, no. I simply don't have the time to maintain more than LOS nor money to hold that many ROMs on my already (tiny) struggling server.
Q: Can I throw money at you?
A: Most certainly. Donations are always welcome.
You want to help?
- We need hardware power to get the builds done.
If you want to help us go faster, send a PM to @kentone or
@vince2678. Your computer will act as a client for our jenkins server.
- In a perfect world, that would be all, but unfortunately no. We need money to keep the server running and keep bringing these ROMs.
- As always, logcat any problem you find.
[UNOFFICIAL][OMS][ROM] LineageOS for Galaxy Tab E [SM-T560NU], ROM for the Android General
vince2678, deadman96385, minz1
Source Code: https://github.com/Galaxy-MSM8916
ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
Based On: LineageOS
Stable Release Date: 2017-06-08
Last Updated 2017-10-12