24th November 2019, 09:12 AM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Never removed sim..
2nd December 2019, 11:12 AM |#22  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
When will this be updated?

It's a great hope for our device, don't let it die...
3rd December 2019, 09:17 PM |#23  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Alright, so I decided to come back to this and experimented a little bit, and I was finally able to install this without the previous issues that I had before. So far I'm loving it. The only thing that I did differently is wipe and format everything, instead of just data. The latest versions of Magisk and Gapps installed with no issues.
3rd December 2019, 11:05 PM |#24  
Flag Montreal
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolithetrolli

Alright, so I decided to come back to this and experimented a little bit, and I was finally able to install this without the previous issues that I had before. So far I'm loving it. The only thing that I did differently is wipe and format everything, instead of just data. The latest versions of Magisk and Gapps installed with no issues.

Hi:
I've had the F! for about 6 months now (and with the exception of the quality of the camera, which has been well documented) I've been loving it !
I have experience with installing custom ROM's in the past with previous Android phones and have been considering installing one on the F1. Would you mind pointing out the key benefits of the ROM you have installed over the stock Android 9 I'm running now. I'm wondering if it is worth the effort (I enjoy tinkering in order to optimize performance) or should I leave well enough alone.
Thanks in advance for any help and info you could provide.
4th December 2019, 04:12 AM |#25  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffenk

Hi:
I've had the F! for about 6 months now (and with the exception of the quality of the camera, which has been well documented) I've been loving it !
I have experience with installing custom ROM's in the past with previous Android phones and have been considering installing one on the F1. Would you mind pointing out the key benefits of the ROM you have installed over the stock Android 9 I'm running now. I'm wondering if it is worth the effort (I enjoy tinkering in order to optimize performance) or should I leave well enough alone.
Thanks in advance for any help and info you could provide.

Well, *gulp*. I'm going to have to retract my previous statement (I actually came back here to do so). I just now found a really serious problem. Everytime I download a large number of individual files (such as photos) in quick succession on Chrome ( I didn't test other browsers) my phone will show the "power off'" screen and will continously boot back into TWRP... Nothing I do can get me out of TWRP, and I can't even get the damn phone to power off. I ended up reflashing Lineage 3 more times to see if this was a consistent problem, and it is. It always shuts down and bootloops if I download a lot of files in Chrome. I'm honestly kinda shocked. So all I can say is don't flash this...
4th December 2019, 04:13 PM |#26  
Flag Montreal
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolithetrolli

Well, *gulp*. I'm going to have to retract my previous statement (I actually came back here to do so). I just now found a really serious problem. Everytime I download a large number of individual files (such as photos) in quick succession on Chrome ( I didn't test other browsers) my phone will show the "power off'" screen and will continously boot back into TWRP... Nothing I do can get me out of TWRP, and I can't even get the damn phone to power off. I ended up reflashing Lineage 3 more times to see if this was a consistent problem, and it is. It always shuts down and bootloops if I download a lot of files in Chrome. I'm honestly kinda shocked. So all I can say is don't flash this...

Thanks for the update. I guess I'll leave it as is for now. Hope you get things all sorted out.
Good luck !
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
umidigi-f1

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)