Odintsovo
logo-2.png

/*
* Your warranty is... still valid?
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
*/

"LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 7.1.2 (Nougat), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo (without device tree/kernel/vendor repos). And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit our Gerrit Code Review. Your changelog is whatever was merged into gerrit."

LineageOS 16.0 for Samsung Galaxy C5
SM-C5000

Android 9.0 OREO
64-bit(better for 4Gb RAM, than 32-bit stock)​

What's working:
  • Display
  • Touchscreen and multitouch
  • RIL (Calls, SMS, USSD, Mobile data, LTE, dualsim)
  • NFC
  • Wi-Fi
  • Bluetooth
  • Fingerprint sensor
  • Camera (photo,video,flshlight)
  • Audio
  • Sensors
  • RGB LED, button backlight
  • Screen auto brightness
  • GPS
  • SD-card (and adopted storage)
  • F2FS, SDcardFS, exFAT file systems
  • Data encryption
  • SELinux

What's NOT working (Know issues):
  • AOD unstable

Installation:

Video Installation Manual by O S M A NC.

Download

Donate

Source code:

Credits:
  • LineageOS Team & Contributors

XDA:DevDB Information
ROM][UNOFFICIAL][PIE] LineageOS 16.0 for Samsung Galaxy C5, ROM for the Android General

Contributors
vm03
ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
Based On: LineageOS

Version Information

Created 2019-06-01
Last Updated 2019-06-01

Last edited:

vm03

Recognized Developer
Mar 16, 2014
Odintsovo
Changelog
20191016:
- SELinux Enforcing
- fixed power profiles
- fixed button backlight
- NFC fixes
- mainstream LineageOS updates

20191009:

20190711:
- Fix USB and WiFi tethering

20190531:
- First public release
Possibly update from 15.1 without wipe:
1. install LineageOS 16.0
2. install gapps 9.0
3. reboot

Last edited:

dragon170

Jul 4, 2017
I have been using it for 1 week.You did a really great job.Samsung can't even make such rom on this phone :).This rom has good battery life.Even the performance is very fine but it needs optimization(Maybe problem in power profiles).I'm using l speed and I'm using its CPU optimization,it gives better performance and less warming.
I found some bugs.
Sometimes Phone LED light and key lights don't work.
Hotspot doesn't work (phone restarts whenever someone connects).
Can't read contacts on SIM CARD.
If you fix these bugs it would be a perfect rom for this device.

Chainslayer

Jan 31, 2017
I got caught in a bootloop, did I miss anything?

Edit: The GAPPS that I was flashing weren't the right ones and were causing the bootloops, the roms is perfectly fine.

Last edited:

Verusrex

Aug 27, 2018
Cant set to up dude. Setup wizard is stopped again and again when i flash rom and flash gapps.

chasemedown

Jan 8, 2012
Thank you for creating a ROm with such great performance and battery life! HOWEVER, there is one critical bug that I have been encountering consistently, no matter how many times I wipe and clean install following the instructions exactly (I have the correct bootloader and gapps versions).

>>>What happens:
Sometimes, when I try to turn on the screen after it has timed out (using the home or power button), the lockscreen would rapidly blink between screen on and screen off, causing a "lockscreen loop" that prevents me from unlocking the phone. This would repeat infinitely, and the only thing I can do to get out of it is hold the power button and hit power off or restart if I time it correctly between the blinking. Once the phone restarts, it would usually go back to normal, but once in a while, the phone would reboot back into the exact same "lockscreen loop". When this happens, this loop NEVER stops, no matter how many times I reboot, so I am eventually forced to wipe/factory reset and reinstall the ROM again from scratch.

>>>How frequently/when does it happen:
This happens after every clean install within 2 to 72 hours (I've done 5 clean installs now), but happens randomly with no apparent trigger. After a reboot, sometimes it would go back to normal, but eventually, it will happen again and cause the death loop I described above. It has happened even after a fresh install with no 3rd party apps/gapps/magisk installed, and has never occured with your other Lineage OS 15.1 ROM.

>>>A secondary problem:
If the phone is able to recover from the initial "lockscreen loop" after a reboot, the LED light for charging and notifications would stop working completely (same issue described by dragon170 above). Although, this issue is not important since the phone will stop booting into the OS soon after.

I would love to continue using this ROM as my daily driver if there's anyway to resolve this issue. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Reactions: 01dg

ammar mk

Mar 26, 2016
Thank you for creating a ROm with such great performance and battery life! HOWEVER, there is one critical bug that I have been encountering consistently, no matter how many times I wipe and clean install following the instructions exactly (I have the correct bootloader and gapps versions).

>>>What happens:
Sometimes, when I try to turn on the screen after it has timed out (using the home or power button), the lockscreen would rapidly blink between screen on and screen off, causing a "lockscreen loop" that prevents me from unlocking the phone. This would repeat infinitely, and the only thing I can do to get out of it is hold the power button and hit power off or restart if I time it correctly between the blinking. Once the phone restarts, it would usually go back to normal, but once in a while, the phone would reboot back into the exact same "lockscreen loop". When this happens, this loop NEVER stops, no matter how many times I reboot, so I am eventually forced to wipe/factory reset and reinstall the ROM again from scratch.

This happens after every clean install within 2 to 72 hours (I've done 5 clean installs now), but happens randomly with no apparent trigger. After a reboot, sometimes it would go back to normal, but eventually, it will happen again and cause the death loop I described above. It has happened even after a fresh install with no 3rd party apps/gapps/magisk installed, and has never occured with your other Lineage OS 15.1 ROM.

>>>A secondary problem:
If the phone is able to recover from the initial "lockscreen loop" after a reboot, the LED light for charging and notifications would stop working completely (same issue described by dragon170 above). Although, this issue is not important since the phone will stop booting into the OS soon after.

I would love to continue using this ROM as my daily driver if there's anyway to resolve this issue. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

for lockscreen loop preblem you can delet locksettings.db from twrp and will boot to system i had the problem before directory : data/system/locksettings.db
delete this file this way worked for me
don't forget to mount system
but you will need to resetting lock pattern

Last edited:

chasemedown

Jan 8, 2012
for lockscreen loop preblem you can delet locksettings.db from twrp and will boot to system i had the problem before directory : data/system/locksettings.db

Thank you very much!!! I just deleted locksettings.db and restarted; so far so good. Fingers crossed this resolves the issue permanently.

UPDATE: Deleting locksettings.db alone did not resolve the issue. HOWEVER, it lead me to figuring out the cause was a fingerprint scanner issue. I deleted data/system/user/0/settings_fingerprint.xml and stopped using the fingerprint scanner; everything is fine now!

Last edited:

Ukusman945

Jun 27, 2019
Well i like the rom. I have a humble request to developers and team of the rom can you please add a additional lte band to it.. i need lte bnd 5 to be working on it. Thank you

vm03

Recognized Developer
Mar 16, 2014
Odintsovo

>>>What happens:

>>>A secondary problem:

Try to disable AOD.

groumfi

Sep 29, 2013

Same issue on my Galaxy Note 3.
I was able to get rid of the loop after deleting locksetting.db
Thank you sir!
S.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    logo-2.png

/*
    * Your warranty is... still valid?
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

"LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 7.1.2 (Nougat), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo (without device tree/kernel/vendor repos). And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit our Gerrit Code Review. Your changelog is whatever was merged into gerrit."

LineageOS 16.0 for Samsung Galaxy C5
    SM-C5000

Android 9.0 OREO
    64-bit(better for 4Gb RAM, than 32-bit stock)​

What's working:
    • Display
    • Touchscreen and multitouch
    • RIL (Calls, SMS, USSD, Mobile data, LTE, dualsim)
    • NFC
    • Wi-Fi
    • Bluetooth
    • Fingerprint sensor
    • Camera (photo,video,flshlight)
    • Audio
    • Sensors
    • RGB LED, button backlight
    • Screen auto brightness
    • GPS
    • SD-card (and adopted storage)
    • F2FS, SDcardFS, exFAT file systems
    • Data encryption
    • SELinux

What's NOT working (Know issues):
    • AOD unstable

Installation:

Video Installation Manual by O S M A NC.

Download

Donate

Source code:

Credits:
    • LineageOS Team & Contributors

XDA:DevDB Information
    ROM][UNOFFICIAL][PIE] LineageOS 16.0 for Samsung Galaxy C5, ROM for the Android General

Contributors
    vm03
    ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information

Created 2019-06-01
    Last Updated 2019-06-01
    20191016:
    - SELinux Enforcing
    - fixed power profiles
    - fixed button backlight
    - NFC fixes
    Can u make one for c5010 also :(

>>>What happens:

>>>A secondary problem: