This is an UNOFFICIAL TWRP port for UMIDIGI F1 that works properly with encrypted /data partition in official ROM. I am aware that the UMIDIGI F1 already has TWRP built for it, but none of them seem to have decryption working properly. In fact, every single TWRP, even official ones, for any MT6771 device, seem to have non-functional decryption support. Through some digging I managed to fix decryption at least for UMIDIGI F1, so here is my version of TWRP for the device.
- Screen may flash on the password-input UI. Anything else is fine though.
This TWRP has been tested with official ROM and my LineageOS 17 port (https://forum.xda-developers.com/and...gi-f1-t3997827) and it works fine.
This is UNTESTED on the F1 Play. ONLY TESTED on regular F1.
Because security matters. Using a cheap device should not mean giving up security, and more importantly, privacy.
1. Unlock bootloader
2. Enable ADB debugging in system
3. Execute "adb reboot bootloader" while having your phone connected to PC
4. Execute "fastboot flash recovery <your_downloaded_recovery>.img"
5. Reboot phone while holding Volume Up + Power buttons
Note: The official ROM may overwrite the recovery, so you may need to re-flash the recovery if this behavior isn't prevented either by TWRP or manually.
Downlaods & Sources
- Fixed issues with Magisk and OpenGAPPS
Device Tree: https://github.com/PeterCxy/android_.../tree/twrp-9.0
Modified TWRP (Required for decryption to work): https://github.com/PeterCxy/android_bootable_recovery