Xiaomi Redmi 4 (prada)

Last update: 11.11.2017​

MIUI9 status: Flash ok

Please note:
Redmi 4 China (2/16) = prada
Redmi 4 China Prime (3/32) = markw
Redmi 4 India (2/16) = Redmi 4X = santoni
Redmi 4A (2/16) = rolex

After long hours of pain, trials & errors, I have succesfully built TWRP for Redmi 4 from sources (It's not just a simple port)
Based on latest source of TWRP :)

Requirements:
-Make sure your bootloader is unlocked!
-ADB tools (for flashing the recovery)
-Patience :)

Drag the recovery.img to the root folder of ADB (for example: c:\adb\ <---- drag the file here)
Boot your phone into fastboot mode, then enter the following:
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
Long press the power button to make the phone restart. Press Power + Volume UP to enter into recovery mode
Enjoy :)

For Stock ROM users, If you need to disable DM-Verify, press INSTALL, then navigate to /!verify/verify.zip
This will patch boot.img for MIUI ROMs

hZwiIJG.png

Download link:
https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=889964283620765167

Source:
https://github.com/Kizoky/android_device_xiaomi_prada-TWRP

Note: If you can't mount Internal Storage, you MUST wipe Data, then restart into recovery

Last edited:

a.cid

RC / Retired Mod / Portal Team
Nov 18, 2011
Mumbai
Could you please clarify on the device codenames?
The Redmi 4 sold in India is the Redmi 4X as sold in China, where there is a different Redmi 4. Which of these is Prada, and do you know what the other one is called?

paultsr

May 18, 2014
Kerala
I have bought Redmi 4 3gb/32 model(indian version).what is the codename? Can I follow the above steps to install twrp?also what is DM verify?is it necessary to install dm-verify before twrp install?

Kizoky

The Redmi 4 sold in India is the Redmi 4X as sold in China, where there is a different Redmi 4. Which of these is Prada, and do you know what the other one is called?

Redmi 4 Prime (3/32) = markw
Redmi 4 India (2/16) = Redmi 4X = santoni (There may be 2/32, 4/64, variations I don't really know)
Redmi 4A (2/16) = rolex

Redmi 4 China isn't sold in India by the way.

Reactions: a.cid

Kizoky

I have bought Redmi 4 3gb/32 model(indian version).what is the codename? Can I follow the above steps to install twrp?also what is DM verify?is it necessary to install dm-verify before twrp install?

Your code name is Santoni (Redmi 4X)
Yes you can. (Just don't install this TWRP because it won't work on your device)

DM-Verify is a security measure used by many OEMs to prevent custom ROM or kernel installing if by any chance the phone is stolen, this is basically making the phone less easier to crack open with private data on it.
So for example, If you install an official ROM from Xiaomi, the phone won't boot because the recovery is different, you need to disable DM-verify.

Last edited:
Reactions: paultsr

paultsr

May 18, 2014
Kerala
Yes you can. (Just don't install this TWRP because it won't work on your device)

DM-Verify is a security measure used by many OEMs to prevent custom ROM or kernel installing if by any chance the phone is stolen, this is basically making the phone less easier to crack open with private data on it.
So for example, If you install an official ROM from Xiaomi, the phone won't boot because the recovery is different, you need to disable DM-verify.
Is there any working twrp for santoni?can I root this device?

Kizoky

Last edited:

phagenauw

May 24, 2007
Redmi Note 8
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
Owning a Xiaomi Redmi 4 (prada) i tried your twrp and tried to use the verify patch to be able to access the data partition. No luck so far. Some red errors which i did not write down during install of verify.zip but it did something according the messages with boot.img. After rebooting and entering twrp no luck in accessing the data partition (0). Suppose i did something wrong; any ideas?
I installed from this archive; recovery-3.1.0-0_V2.zip

Last edited:

Kizoky

Owning a Xiaomi Redmi 4 (prada) i tried your twrp and tried to use the verify patch to be able to access the data partition. No luck so far. Some red errors which i did not write down during install of verify.zip but it did something according the messages with boot.img. After rebooting and entering twrp no luck in accessing the data partition (0). Suppose i did something wrong; any ideas?
I installed from this archive; recovery-3.1.0-0_V2.zip

That's an interesting issue
Unfortunately I can't recreate it, no matter how hard I try
Besides, !verify.zip is only used for official Xiaomi recovery ROMs, and not unofficial ones which has already the said patch.

Backup information from data If you need, then do a full wipe of it
If it didn't help try installing xiaomi.eu ROM then please tell me if the problem still persists
(note: Previous TWRP release before V2 has a bug with the internal storage/data which you cannot access, reflash V2 TWRP If you still have the old one)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Unofficial TeamWin Recovery Project

Xiaomi Redmi 4 (prada)

Last update: 11.11.2017​

MIUI9 status: Flash ok

Please note:
    Redmi 4 China Prime (3/32) = markw
    Redmi 4 India (2/16) = Redmi 4X = santoni
    Redmi 4A (2/16) = rolex

After long hours of pain, trials & errors, I have succesfully built TWRP for Redmi 4 from sources (It's not just a simple port)
    Based on latest source of TWRP :)

Requirements:
    -Make sure your bootloader is unlocked!
    -ADB tools (for flashing the recovery)
    -Patience :)

Drag the recovery.img to the root folder of ADB (for example: c:\adb\ <---- drag the file here)
    Boot your phone into fastboot mode, then enter the following:
    fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
    Long press the power button to make the phone restart. Press Power + Volume UP to enter into recovery mode
    Enjoy :)

For Stock ROM users, If you need to disable DM-Verify, press INSTALL, then navigate to /!verify/verify.zip
    This will patch boot.img for MIUI ROMs

hZwiIJG.png

Download link:
    https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=889964283620765167

Source:
    https://github.com/Kizoky/android_device_xiaomi_prada-TWRP

Note: If you can't mount Internal Storage, you MUST wipe Data, then restart into recovery
    Good to see you're still working on this :D

Of course I'am

PS.: Added new link!
    Encryption bug fixed, now Internal storage can be accessed!
    Added DM-Verify disabler, you can install it from /!verify/verify.zip
    What do you mean by Can't access (decrypt) internal storage.

You can't access the internal SD (basically the 9-11GB storage on your phone) because an issue with the fstab file
    But I fixed it, I just need to make sure it is working, then I'll release a new version :)

Redmi 4 Prime (3/32) = markw
    Redmi 4 India (2/16) = Redmi 4X = santoni (There may be 2/32, 4/64, variations I don't really know)
    Redmi 4A (2/16) = rolex

Redmi 4 China isn't sold in India by the way.