FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Vodafone Smart first 6 (VF695) Rooted# and More!

54 posts
Thanks Meter: 9

By Menroid, Member on 1st February 2016, 08:49 PM
Post Reply Email Thread

Vodafone Smart first 6* NL *(EU) Rooting and More!
Done & Closed!
After a wild chase finding the correct tools and apk's this took me 2 days to complete an fully rooted and Simlock free Vodafone branded Smart Firt 6.
Most of the files can be downloaded from below here on XDA

DISCLAIMER:
Rooting your phone and using custom Recoveries and ROM's have risks and may Void your warranty and can result in bricking your device, and has nothing to do with Google or the device manufacturers. In case of any mishap I am not responsible if you brick/ruin your phone in any way.
Basic computer skills are required and minimal knowledge about the phone and phone utilities also.
Make sure that whatever you do, you are doing it at your own responsibility.
It may be that you get an *softbrick *(bootloop) because Vodafone still pushing update's for their Firmware patching and upgrading the software!

To be safe please use methods given by: Androrooter and or Kirito9 !

#Rooting:

1# Download the root.apk onto your phone or SD card and install.
2# Now start the app and you will see it's all in Chinese, just click on the Root Shield Badge ontop of the screen.
3# Let it do its magic installing the scripts most likely it will auto reboot your phone without rooting it,
you must restart the root app again and click on the Badge (like done at step 2#).
~Now you are Rooted but the Superuser is Chinese and what i have noticed it's a temporary Root, if you lose root again just redo step 2#!
4# Download and install SuperSu-2.46 now launch an root app most likely the Chinese app will popup granting
for root permission, you must click on the colored (grant) button to accept.
5# Download an Root browser i.e. File Manager and let it gain Root permission, if SuperSu wont ask for Root it's now save to uninstall the Chinese app.
~From now on you permanently Rooted, don't go installing/modding stuff yet until you made an systems backup!

#Twrp or Cwm Recovery (PC version):

1# Download ADB Driver and install on PC. Download from here; http://www.datafilehost.com/d/2267ab98
2# Download TWRP Setup (thanks to Dees_Troy & Yuweng) and unzip on your PC.
3# Activate USB debugging under developer mode* and connect with USB to your PC.
(done by *tapping 7 times on the build number in the about phone section)
3a# Open the Twrp setup.exe and click on the next button.
3b# Just wait till the installation is completed followed by credits.
3c# On the next window, click on yes to proceed.
3d# Select Start Easy Magic TWRP Installer for MediaTek and click on ok
3e# Click on Yes to auto port.
3f# Now make sure your phone is connected, adb driver installed and usb debugging enabled, then click on OK.
~if you get any pop up msg on your phone screen just click on yes.
Just wait for a few seconds while the setup is been completed,
if the process was successful, your phone should automatically reboot into recovery.
~Now you need to make an full backup with Twrp so that all the files are safe!

#More Updates following Soon! To be safe please use methodes given by: Androrooter and or Kirito9 !
Attached Files
File Type: apk Root.apk - [Click for QR Code] (4.60 MB, 4338 views)
File Type: apk SuperSU-v2.46.apk - [Click for QR Code] (5.63 MB, 2778 views)
File Type: zip TWRP Setup.zip - [Click for QR Code] (13.87 MB, 3166 views)
File Type: zip UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.46.zip - [Click for QR Code] (3.83 MB, 2030 views)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Menroid For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Menroid Ad-Free

1st February 2016, 08:50 PM |#2  
OP Member
Flag Amsterdam

More
-reserved
The Following User Says Thank You to Menroid For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Menroid Ad-Free
8th February 2016, 05:53 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
does not work
It says root failed on my VF695 and therefore cannot install TWRP.
8th February 2016, 07:14 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuantumRevenger

Kingroot 4.8 worked, so I ran the TWRP Setup and guess what another way to ruin the phone even further. Stuck in a boot loop now.
STAY AWAY FROM THIS GUYS GUIDE! It will most likely break your phone from start to finish!

Please provide a reset copy of your system.img and recovery.img for people who have lost their phones due to this guide, it would be very useful as the devices can be restored if adb / fastboot access can be achieved.
The Following User Says Thank You to QuantumRevenger For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift QuantumRevenger Ad-Free
9th February 2016, 04:00 PM |#5  
OP Member
Flag Amsterdam

More
Exclamation At Your Own Risk!
Quote:

Quote:

Kingroot 4.8 worked, so I ran the TWRP Setup and guess what another way to ruin the phone even further. Stuck in a boot loop now.
STAY AWAY FROM THIS GUYS GUIDE! It will most likely break your phone from start to finish!

Please provide a reset copy of your system.img and recovery.img for people who have lost their phones due to this guide, it would be very useful as the devices can be restored if adb / fastboot access can be achieved.

Well well QuantumRevenger,

Sorry to hear that this method didn't worked out nicely for you.
Maybe your firmware got upgraded and the recovery didn't stick?!
Did you try the combination Power + Vol Up while the phone is off and enter
the Recovery menu clear Cache + Dalvik after this reboot.

I can't help you with the systems files because i ditched the vodafone firmware for Vanilla 4.4.2 Android.

The only thing i can do for you is point to this thread where i moved towards myself-> MTK devices
Here you will learn an little how your MTK device works, also you can search XDA for an different Easy Magic TWRP or CTR or even Philz!

Enjoy
&
Good luck!
17th February 2016, 03:10 PM |#6  
Flag Leeds
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Do you know if this will also work on the UK model?
17th February 2016, 03:58 PM |#7  
OP Member
Flag Amsterdam

More
Exclamation At Your Own Risk!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RHodgett

Do you know if this will also work on the UK model?

Hello RHodgett,

It most likely would work because this model bought by Vodafone for their (EU) market.
As we all know it's a cheap china phone suited for Vodafone requirements!
~Not speaking for the firmware updates they push once an while~

But rooting can be done very easy with the given root from my post or even now with the updated
Kingroot 4.8 said by QuantumRevenger. And like for the custom recovery it can get tricky mentioned by QuantumRevenger, i had no problem with this at that moment.

But i urge you to read my answer to QuantumRevenger problem from above, after that you can decide at your own risk.

Enjoy
&
Good Luck!
17th February 2016, 05:16 PM |#8  
Flag Leeds
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Thanks, I'll give this a go when the handset arrives in a few days and report back.

Can you explain how to then install the Vanilla 4.4.2 Android firmware? (or any other suitable stock firmware for the device)
17th February 2016, 08:30 PM |#9  
OP Member
Flag Amsterdam

More
Come to the otherside ;)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RHodgett

Thanks, I'll give this a go when the handset arrives in a few days and report back.

Can you explain how to then install the Vanilla 4.4.2 Android firmware? (or any other suitable stock firmware for the device)

No Problem & you're welcome!,

For flashing roms you need an custom recovery otherwise you can't Flash.
Nobody here is tailoring for our Vodafone branded(China) smart first 6 so you have to go where i send QuantumRevenger towards and where i am. (See post answering QuantumRevenger).
Here you can use the roms and learn more about our MTK devices in general.

For flashing roms you must install in the recovery as an zip file and then you're done!
MTK has other methodes to install but that's for advance users only.

Enjoy
&
Goodluck.
17th February 2016, 09:48 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hi, I've root using the Chinese apk and root checker says the device is rooted but I wasn't able to install SuperSU 2.46, it keeps saying the binaries need to be updated and it fails every time I update.
Rebooting using the TWRP setup just shows the Powered by android splash. I'm not sure what to do now?

Edit: Ok I've flashed a recovery from the threads you linked, finally got a bootloader working. Now to flash a ROM Got CM12.1 running, thanks!
18th February 2016, 08:59 PM |#11  
Nowhere
Thanks Meter: 42

More
DID not work for me
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)