FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[WIP] Building a custom ROM for the LeapFrog Epic (CM/LOS)

842 posts
Thanks Meter: 121

Post Reply Email Thread
18th October 2019, 11:53 AM |#201  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rortiz2

Hi @blakegriplingph
I was looking at the latest logcat that you sent in this thread (logcat_UYT2_46.zip) and found interesting things.
Your problem is that the ROM boots up but you can only see wallpaper.
This is related to graphics stuff for sure.
I had a quick peak at the logcat and found you're missing a few graphics libs from the stock ROM.

Code:
Failed to open libwvm.so: dlopen failed: library "libWVStreamControlAPI_L1.so" not found
Failed to open FACTORY_LIB Error : dlopen failed: library "libdashplayer.so" not found
I don't know if it has to do since dashplayer is for qcom :P
btw your hwcomposer crashes a lot so I think it can be the problem too.
Regards.

Edit: First error that I can see from hwcomposer:
Code:
E/hwcomposer(  123): [HWC] Failed to get display attributes (dpy=1 is not connected)
Also as hwcomposer is not working correctly, other stuff like audio/camera hal or memtrack is not working too:
Code:
E/memtrack(  147): Couldn't load memtrack module (No such file or directory)

The two libraries you mentioned doesn't appear to be present on the stock ROM dump I have atm. And I may be wrong but I think the "Failed to get display attributes (dpy=1 is not connected)" error might be of even greater importance.

@Matty1993 - Have you by any chance encountered this issue? Well since you were able to port Android 5 and later to a 3.4.67 kernel and all...
18th October 2019, 12:17 PM |#202  
Quote:
Originally Posted by blakegriplingph

The two libraries you mentioned doesn't appear to be present on the stock ROM dump I have atm. And I may be wrong but I think the "Failed to get display attributes (dpy=1 is not connected)" error might be of even greater importance.

@Matty1993 - Have you by any chance encountered this issue? Well since you were able to port Android 5 and later to a 3.4.67 kernel and all...

So you can try to compile them
Regarding to hwcomposer it stills crashes a lot and that's not good.
Also, I noticed you are missing sensors.mt8127.so that is needed to have all sensors working.
Definelety the stock ROM has missing libs for LP.
Regards.
18th October 2019, 02:10 PM |#203  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

So you can try to compile them
Regarding to hwcomposer it stills crashes a lot and that's not good.
Also, I noticed you are missing sensors.mt8127.so that is needed to have all sensors working.
Definelety the stock ROM has missing libs for LP.
Regards.

Hmm, if only that LeapFrog would just suck it up and do at least an LP ROM for the Epic; Kitkat in 2019 (or 2020 for that matter) is plain stupid no matter how you patch it.

The stock ROM doesn't appear to have sensors.mt8127.so but what about sensors.default.so? Would that suffice?
20th October 2019, 04:21 AM |#204  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
So I compiled a new build lately; not much has changed except for the missing sensors library being thrown in. Didn't expect it to boot properly but I flashed it anyway to see if anything has changed at least in the logs.

@Matty1993 Think we could arrange for the demo tablet to be sent your way soon?
Attached Files
File Type: zip logcat_UYT2_52.zip - [Click for QR Code] (137.3 KB, 8 views)
22nd October 2019, 07:36 PM |#205  
Quote:

So I compiled a new build lately; not much has changed except for the missing sensors library being thrown in. Didn't expect it to boot properly but I flashed it anyway to see if anything has changed at least in the logs.

@Matty1993 Think we could arrange for the demo tablet to be sent your way soon?

Cool.
Sad to say but it's kinda the same...
Code:
E/hwcomposer(  123): [HWC] ION is invalid (handle=0xb6073580, num=-1, idx=-1) !!
W/hwcomposer(  123): [HWC] Failed to get ION fd !! (handle=0xb6073580) !!
Basically warnings/errors from hwcomposer..
Now asking for more libs lol:
Code:
E/WVMExtractor(  134): Failed to open libwvm.so: dlopen failed: library "libft.so" not found
Also ffmpeg keeps crashing. Easy fix is use this sources:
https://github.com/CM12-1-Douglas/android_frameworks_av

PS: If you are missing libs, borrow them from the Amazon Fire
Cheers.
The Following User Says Thank You to Rortiz2 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Rortiz2 Ad-Free
23rd October 2019, 01:54 AM |#206  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Cool.
Sad to say but it's kinda the same...

Code:
E/hwcomposer(  123): [HWC] ION is invalid (handle=0xb6073580, num=-1, idx=-1) !!
W/hwcomposer(  123): [HWC] Failed to get ION fd !! (handle=0xb6073580) !!
Basically warnings/errors from hwcomposer..
Now asking for more libs lol:
Code:
E/WVMExtractor(  134): Failed to open libwvm.so: dlopen failed: library "libft.so" not found
Also ffmpeg keeps crashing. Easy fix is use this sources:
https://github.com/CM12-1-Douglas/android_frameworks_av

PS: If you are missing libs, borrow them from the Amazon Fire
Cheers.

The "ION is invalid" error appears to be fence/VSYNC related, but I recall trying a few things pertaining to that to no avail.

I presume you're referring to the Fire whose codename is "ford", yes? If you have a ROM dump of the device, kindly let me know.

@Matty1993 You there mate? Just wanted to ask so I could arrange for the Epic to be sent your way.
1st November 2019, 05:42 AM |#207  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
@Matty1993 You OK mate? Haven't heard from you in quite a while.
8th November 2019, 01:25 PM |#208  
Thanks Meter: 298

More
Hey man sorry not been on had to deal with some stuff should hopefully be back on next week sometime ended up dropping and breakin my phone so havent been able to login finally got it fixed today so that a plus moving into a new place in a day or two so will be able to get settled and back into it again

---------- Post added at 01:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:19 PM ----------

Quote:

Hi @blakegriplingph
I was looking at the latest logcat that you sent in this thread (logcat_UYT2_46.zip) and found interesting things.
Your problem is that the ROM boots up but you can only see wallpaper.
This is related to graphics stuff for sure.
I had a quick peak at the logcat and found you're missing a few graphics libs from the stock ROM.

I don't know if it has to do since dashplayer is for qcom :P
btw your hwcomposer crashes a lot so I think it can be the problem too.
Regards.

Edit: First error that I can see from hwcomposer:

Also as hwcomposer is not working correctly, other stuff like audio/camera hal or memtrack is not working too:

That hwcomposer error wont stop the gpu or cpu from rendering the display had the same issue on my lineage 13 build via logcat but display still rendered fine, i also receive alot of hwcoposer related errors but surfaceflinger still starts and gui etc etc all still boot and work fine the only thing i could think of was as was mentioned before that the vendor libwvm libraries are not present but ehen i mentioned this to blake orginally he says there not in stock so if there no in stock then they rightfully shouldnt be needed foe the new build, im thinking its mali related somehow, blake whats your egl.config got written in /system/lib/egl/ this could possibly have something to do with it as well
The Following User Says Thank You to Matty1993 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Matty1993 Ad-Free
8th November 2019, 04:07 PM |#209  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matty1993

Hey man sorry not been on had to deal with some stuff should hopefully be back on next week sometime ended up dropping and breakin my phone so havent been able to login finally got it fixed today so that a plus moving into a new place in a day or two so will be able to get settled and back into it again

---------- Post added at 01:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:19 PM ----------

That hwcomposer error wont stop the gpu or cpu from rendering the display had the same issue on my lineage 13 build via logcat but display still rendered fine, i also receive alot of hwcoposer related errors but surfaceflinger still starts and gui etc etc all still boot and work fine the only thing i could think of was as was mentioned before that the vendor libwvm libraries are not present but ehen i mentioned this to blake orginally he says there not in stock so if there no in stock then they rightfully shouldnt be needed foe the new build, im thinking its mali related somehow, blake whats your egl.config got written in /system/lib/egl/ this could possibly have something to do with it as well

The egl.cfg file in my build looks to be the same as the stock one:
Code:
# NOTICE: This is an autogenerated file, do not edit\n
0 0 android
0 1 mali
It could be Mali-related, but there are plenty more factors to take into account here. All that's certain is that we get an ANR in RenderThread, and something's making it gobble up way too many CPU cycles than it should.

Oh and do you have any leads on whether you'd get your hands on an Epic dev unit soon?
9th November 2019, 05:26 AM |#210  
Thanks Meter: 298

More
Quote:

The egl.cfg file in my build looks to be the same as the stock one:

It could be Mali-related, but there are plenty more factors to take into account here. All that's certain is that we get an ANR in RenderThread, and something's making it gobble up way too many CPU cycles than it should.

Oh and do you have any leads on whether you'd get your hands on an Epic dev unit soon?

Hmmm i thought it may look like that as suspected your egl is set ti render via mali as default

Set this as the config this will clear most mali issues up should clear some other graphics problems up aswell,

0 0 android
0 0 mali
0 1 gpu

As for the cpu cycles ill see what values are set for the cpu in init.mt8127.rc and init.rc to see how its being scaled, same for graphics aswell ill check the services make sure they are all there, ill have to dig through my packing boxes today and get the lappy out if i got some free time

Still working on a leapfrog unfortunately due ti moving house again and breaking my phone had to save up a bit for lease bond and replacement screen to be sent out to me, when im all settled in though ill be back on the hunt for one
The Following User Says Thank You to Matty1993 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Matty1993 Ad-Free
9th November 2019, 06:26 AM |#211  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matty1993

Hmmm i thought it may look like that as suspected your egl is set ti render via mali as default

Set this as the config this will clear most mali issues up should clear some other graphics problems up aswell,

0 0 android
0 0 mali
0 1 gpu

As for the cpu cycles ill see what values are set for the cpu in init.mt8127.rc and init.rc to see how its being scaled, same for graphics aswell ill check the services make sure they are all there, ill have to dig through my packing boxes today and get the lappy out if i got some free time

Still working on a leapfrog unfortunately due ti moving house again and breaking my phone had to save up a bit for lease bond and replacement screen to be sent out to me, when im all settled in though ill be back on the hunt for one

Moving to a new place sure is no small expense, ain't it?

I'll see if that egl stuff would get things done on my end. Doubt that it would imho but eh...

What I meant about CPU cycles is that RenderThread ate up way too much resources than it should, similar to how an errant process or application in Windows is taking up a hundred percent CPU as shown in Task Manager. Something must be throwing things out of whack hence the issue.

As for the Epic, you mind if I sent you an invite to the Discord server my friends and I are maintaining? We have discussions on MTK tablets from Amazon and whatnot there, and I may be able to pull some strings there so you could get a cheapo Epic.
The Following User Says Thank You to blakegriplingph For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift blakegriplingph Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
leapfrog, lineageos, mediatek, mt8127, mtk

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)