FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[WIP] Building a custom ROM for the LeapFrog Epic (CM/LOS)

859 posts
Thanks Meter: 124

Post Reply Email Thread
11th January 2020, 04:39 AM |#231  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Lf kernel
I wanted to chime in sooner but didnt have an account, i believe the epic has a modified kernel in which it is designed to work with the two launchers, ive noticed some apps make one of the launchers go berzerk, i read about the issues with rendering as well, if theres something i missed plz inform me but i deff believe an entire new kernel is needed. Ill pop in again when less tired lol.
13th January 2020, 03:23 PM |#232  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 124

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devonb840

I wanted to chime in sooner but didnt have an account, i believe the epic has a modified kernel in which it is designed to work with the two launchers, ive noticed some apps make one of the launchers go berzerk, i read about the issues with rendering as well, if theres something i missed plz inform me but i deff believe an entire new kernel is needed. Ill pop in again when less tired lol.

Do you have a Discord account, mate? And an Epic for that matter?

Yeah, HWC's one of the biggest hurdles with getting custom ROMs to work on this thing. You may have shimmed the hell out of the functions it tries to call on boot, but so far the best you could get is just the wallpaper (and the mouse cursor in case you plugged in an OTG mouse). It hangs in RenderThread so that may sound like a graphics thing. Yes, the Epic's Android core can handle two launchers at once, (one the Unity-powered kids' UI and the other a more sedate parental UI), but could that just be a framework thing?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
leapfrog, lineageos, mediatek, mt8127, mtk

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)