FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[WIP] Building a custom ROM for the LeapFrog Epic (CM/LOS)

750 posts
Thanks Meter: 115

Post Reply Email Thread
11th July 2019, 09:47 AM |#81  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rortiz2

I'm very sorry but I don't have any ideas... That's not normal... CM11 is a great idea cause it's the stock version of this tablet so it will work.

Has anyone managed to successfully compile it on a later Ubuntu version though? I don't mind wiping my VM and loading up an earlier version of Ubuntu tbh but it's still a chore to deal with. Not to mention that most of them repos for the MT8127 are either Lollipop or Marshmallow, with @Stricted being the only guy so far to successfully boot Nougat.

11th July 2019, 10:35 AM |#82  
Quote:
Originally Posted by blakegriplingph

Has anyone managed to successfully compile it on a later Ubuntu version though? I don't mind wiping my VM and loading up an earlier version of Ubuntu tbh but it's still a chore to deal with. Not to mention that most of them repos for the MT8127 are either Lollipop or Marshmallow, with @Stricted being the only guy so far to successfully boot Nougat.

VM!? Wow that's crazy. I use full Ubuntu distro. I compiled cm11 in Ubuntu 16.04 years ago, it compiled but it was not working due some things but the build works..
12th July 2019, 07:53 AM |#83  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

VM!? Wow that's crazy. I use full Ubuntu distro. I compiled cm11 in Ubuntu 16.04 years ago, it compiled but it was not working due some things but the build works..

I see. The last time I attempted KitKat wasn't exactly pleasant as it fails at some point and idk about getting all of those issues to subside lol, hence why I was trying to get Lollipop to boot up even if it seems rather hard if not impossible atm.
12th July 2019, 10:10 AM |#84  
Quote:

I see. The last time I attempted KitKat wasn't exactly pleasant as it fails at some point and idk about getting all of those issues to subside lol, hence why I was trying to get Lollipop to boot up even if it seems rather hard if not impossible atm.

At least you have a good machine to build. Mine takes 2 hours for only build a recovery...
The Following User Says Thank You to Rortiz2 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Rortiz2 Ad-Free
13th July 2019, 01:28 AM |#85  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

At least you have a good machine to build. Mine takes 2 hours for only build a recovery...

What, is yours an old dual-core?
13th July 2019, 08:47 AM |#86  
Quote:

What, is yours an old dual-core?

Intel ICore I3 7th gen

Enviado desde mi Mi A2 mediante Tapatalk
13th July 2019, 08:54 AM |#87  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Intel ICore I3 7th gen

Core i3-7100? That's kinda' odd that it takes a long time for you to churn up a recovery image.

Anyway, I really hope that someone would come to our aid on this as I am at a loss with getting Lollipop to run properly, or in the case of CM11 get that to compile at the very least.
13th July 2019, 08:56 AM |#88  
Quote:

Core i3-7100? That's kinda' odd that it takes a long time for you to churn up a recovery image.

Anyway, I really hope that someone would come to our aid on this as I am at a loss with getting Lollipop to run properly, or in the case of CM11 get that to compile at the very least.

What are the errors with cm11?

13th July 2019, 09:08 AM |#89  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

What are the errors with cm11?

Compile errors which I forgot tbh. I might as well do another attempt if only I have the zeal to do so.
13th July 2019, 09:12 AM |#90  
Quote:

Compile errors which I forgot tbh. I might as well do another attempt if only I have the zeal to do so.

So try and let me know.
BTW: Sorry it was I3 5th gen..
The Following User Says Thank You to Rortiz2 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Rortiz2 Ad-Free
13th July 2019, 09:16 AM |#91  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

So try and let me know.
BTW: Sorry it was I3 5th gen..

I see, though you might want to try out enabling ccache as that might account for the slowness. Either that or that 5005U isn't really cutting it much.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
leapfrog, lineageos, mediatek, mt8127, mtk

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)