Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from zx2c4: WireGuard available for custom Kernel/ROM integration
29th November 2017, 01:21 AM |#11  
Flag Coimbatore
Thanks Meter: 1,353

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zx2c4

The issue is that you don't have `realpath(1)` installed. This is usually a standard part of every linux distribution, and comes in coreutils, since 2011.

In case you're using some ancient distro, I've added a workaround:

https://git.zx2c4.com/android_kernel...438fbf83dc2401

Try `repo sync` and then see if things work for you.

Thanks. Will try and report.
29th November 2017, 01:27 AM |#12  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Paris
Thanks Meter: 799

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dineshthangavel47

Thanks. Will try and report.

By the way, usually the best way to debug things and work out problems is the #wireguard channel on Freenode, where we can exchange in real time. Feel free to poke us there.
The Following User Says Thank You to zx2c4 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th November 2017, 07:11 AM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 1,185

More
Hi,

Nice! Although this is complete Chinese for me i will test laters today. I signed up for the beta on Play and i am a Mullvad user which has Wireguard servers (experimental though). I will try later today and report back if i could get it working. Hopefully its not too soon for this question: will it in future be possible to exclude app from VPN usage. I had problems before with: my banking apps didn't like exotic ip adresses. English is not my native language but as i understand correctly: it can work without a kernel who has this implemented, right?
29th November 2017, 08:03 AM |#14  
Flag Coimbatore

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droidphilev

Hi,

Nice! Although this is complete Chinese for me i will test laters today. I signed up for the beta on Play and i am a Mullvad user which has Wireguard servers (experimental though). I will try later today and report back if i could get it working. Hopefully its not too soon for this question: will it in future be possible to exclude app from VPN usage. I had problems before with: my banking apps didn't like exotic ip adresses. English is not my native language but as i understand correctly: it can work without a kernel who has this implemented, right?

If your kernel doesn't have the WireGuard implementation... You can't use it.
29th November 2017, 08:10 AM |#15  

More
Quote:

If your kernel doesn't have the WireGuard implementation... You can't use it.

Ok thanks,

i was refering to this:

"Work continues on making a userspace version of WireGuard that will allow folks to run on normal ROMs without kernel support. This is coming along nicely..."

and this:

"The Android GUI app, which is currently in development, will opportunistically use the kernel component if it's available, and will then fall back to the userspace implementation otherwise. "

So you mean it's not possible *yet*? There's no use for me to start testing if it's not implemented yet of course
29th November 2017, 08:17 AM |#16  
Flag Coimbatore

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droidphilev

Ok thanks,

i was refering to this:

"Work continues on making a userspace version of WireGuard that will allow folks to run on normal ROMs without kernel support. This is coming along nicely..."

and this:

"The Android GUI app, which is currently in development, will opportunistically use the kernel component if it's available, and will then fall back to the userspace implementation otherwise. "

So you mean it's not possible *yet*? There's no use for me to start testing if it's not implemented yet of course

User space implementation is not complete yet. I guess...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20171129-134626.png
Views:	940
Size:	102.8 KB
ID:	4346160  
29th November 2017, 08:51 AM |#17  

More
Quote:

User space implementation is not complete yet. I guess...

Your guess was right my friend. After trying to enable the app i get a warning that, for now, a patched kernel is needed. Thanks for your help!
29th November 2017, 08:59 AM |#18  
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Hi
Using this on my linux laptop and it seems to work great. however I cant seem to to get it to work on my phone. its sultaanXDA linage for 1+3t and it is supported. I would really like a noob friendly setup guide for the android GUI app. Im using azireVPN
29th November 2017, 12:47 PM |#19  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Paris

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by andersjohansson81

Hi
Using this on my linux laptop and it seems to work great. however I cant seem to to get it to work on my phone. its sultaanXDA linage for 1+3t and it is supported. I would really like a noob friendly setup guide for the android GUI app. Im using azireVPN

Yes. Sultan's OP3T image is supported.
The Following User Says Thank You to zx2c4 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th November 2017, 12:49 PM |#20  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Paris

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by christantoan

Try running this script with "sh script-name.sh" (as root probably) and you should get several configuration files in sdcard/Download/wireguard that you can import in the app. I'm not azireVPN user so I'm not sure this will work but I have tried the same trick (all I change is where the script save the downloaded config files) with Mullvad VPN with success.
Anyway, does anyone know how to allow local network traffic when using Wireguard (or it depends on the config file)? I cannot access local network resources when it's active. Thank you.

Funny, I made essentially the same modification to the script too, for the purposes of making new configs for my phone. You might want to remove the `exec sudo` line at the top, now that it doesn't actually need root. Other than that, the modification looks good.

Local network access is permitted by the default wg-quick(8) stuff on ordinary Linux. But it looks like there might be some special things needed with ndc on Android for pass through. I'll have to look into this. Thanks for the suggestion.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to zx2c4 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th November 2017, 12:54 PM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 30

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zx2c4

Local network access is permitted by the default wg-quick(8) stuff on ordinary Linux. But it looks like there might be some special things needed with ndc on Android for pass through. I'll have to look into this. Thanks for the suggestion.

Thanks for the reply.
When it's already implemented, do we need to update our ROM or we can use only updated app?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)