FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Z6 Pro official Chinese Stock ROM 11.1.105 and OTA to 11.5.222 (test)

265 posts
Thanks Meter: 30

By benjieb, Senior Member on 19th September 2019, 11:07 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi all,

I thought it might be useful have a thread dedicated to talking ONLY about official Chinese Stock ROM.

I received my Z6 Pro with a very poor Global ROM, so quickly decided to try the true official ROM, hoping despite its weaknesses it would get far more frequent updates.

Just for reference, here is how I flashed:

Used as a guide the "UNBRICKING / FLASH FIRMWARE LENOVO Z6 PRO L78051" tutorial from boycracked
Official stock roms can be downloaded here: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=303091 (CN 11.1.105 or ROW 11.0.350)
Required tools and drivers here : https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=303090

Some key steps:
  • Get phone ready (important) :
    • Gain access to developer options
    • Enable USB debugging
    • Enable unlocking Bootloader (it won't actually unlock it!)
  • Get computer ready (also important)
    • Install QDLoader HS-USB Driver 9008
    • Install latest version of QPST (2.7.474)
  • Flash with step in boycracked "unbricking Z6 pro" webpage or using this guide here https://forum.xda-developers.com/and...t-edl-t3947149
    This are additional tips to avoid errors :
    • Copy/move flash rom file to bin subfolder of Qfil in 'program file' might help resolve errors
    • Get Qfil ready with recommended settings. Make sure “Erase all date before download” is NOT selected in configuration / firehose.
    • Connect USB cable
    • Reboot phone in EDL mode (adb command or press power + both volume buttons), COM port should appear in Qfil as "QDLoader 9008"
    • As soon as phone reached EDL mode and phone shows in Qfil quickly press Download. If for any reason it did not work, switch off phone again and reboot to EDL.

Ok so that will take you to official CN rom 11.1.105 which is a very stable android 9 rom released sometime in September.

Now get rid of Chinese apps and install play store from the Chinese App Centre and that's it.

Warning: DO NOT USE GoogleInstaller app, DO NOT INSTALL Google Account Manager. Will brick phone in Zui 11.5.

BE AWARE: There are several limitations or bugs :
- (IF U-Touch is turned on) Can't use custom Launchers (Nova, Action...). Unfortunately they don't work and will freeze phone and make U-touch crash.
- (IF U-Touch is turned on) Morelocale app (which allows to use languages not included in the ROM) also totally crash ZUI... So rom has to be used in English. CONFIRMED WORKING FROM 11.5 CN ROMS !
- Whatsapp notifications sometime don't appear until you run the app manually. (fix is simply to white list app in auto run, lock it in app drawer and when reboot phone, manually launch app).
- Some messaging apps' notifications won't generate ring or vibration :
Temporary remedy: use Notificon app to trigger ring each time selected apps generate a notification in the bar. Works for whatsapp, but make sure you disable the unnecessary notifications there like "Media Playback" otherwise you won't be able to listen to voice memos.

So really as long as you are ok to fiddle around to tweak stock app and to use English language (or turn off U-touch). This is best option.

Since it is untouched stock you will get OTAs to next upgrades:

11.5.222 (Android 10) released mid-January ; it is still a test release, but I use it daily and it works fine so far I noticed:
- fix issues with morelocale and U-Touch.
- Improved photo quality and camera app layout
- Android Q!

BRICK ALERT: two of us in XDA have bricked phones as we applied OTA to 11.5 ! It has to do with google apps if you use Googleinstaller or Google Account Manager app. So make sure you don't have this app before applying OTA !

Please report other issues / tips for improvements.

My personal rating on 11.1.105 ROM is good, it is very fast and stable. If there wasn't the few issues mentioned here + the lack of google app (at least until they are added manually) are draw downs. But, NO issues with 4g, wifi, microphone not working, GPS is very accurate... Also, Lenovo seem quite keen to fix things rapidly and issue OTA regularly.
Until there is good custom roms, I will stick to official CN rom.

Thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to benjieb For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift benjieb Ad-Free
21st September 2019, 03:41 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Paris

More
Hmmm... Actually Utouch seem to be working great with 11.1.105.

No wifi problem either.

BUT still can't set a language other than English and kind of forced to stick to ZUI launcher.

So as of now phone with Chinese ROM is enjoyable and very powerful, despite room for improvement.

As for ZUK Z2 Pro in the past, official Chinese ROM are far better than any 'global' release... But need some tuning.

PS: I love uTouch
21st September 2019, 11:44 PM |#3  
Flag México City
Thanks Meter: 0

More
My phone is with CN 11.0.575 and parched with the ZaZz version (The .bat 00_flashrom.bat anywhere), i already have TWRP Recovery and now is rooted with Magisk. I CAN HELP WITH AL THE PROBLEMS OF YOUR SOFTWARE, But, now i want to install the ROW Secure 11.0.284 version, i cant, i dont know if is the version of my QFIL, the drivers, but the process just arribe to system_3.img and stay every time that ypu want. I dont know, but i want to try with that ROM. I just can with the CN 11.0.575 ROM, i areally want to try with ROW, im using QFIL 2.0.1.9 .
22nd September 2019, 08:56 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Paris

More
Can't help you this thread is only to discuss stock Chinese Rom.
23rd September 2019, 09:00 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
does the chinese version have any problems with the notifications?
23rd September 2019, 10:20 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 230

More
Row 11.0.284, no problem with gesture, everything for me working Fine, I root with magisk and I don't lose the ota updates hehe :3 ... One thing I miss on every ROM (include chineses) is exfat support for microsd card :/
23rd September 2019, 10:49 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hehk1234

Row 11.0.284, no problem with gesture, everything for me working Fine, I root with magisk and I don't lose the ota updates hehe :3 ... One thing I miss on every ROM (include chineses) is exfat support for microsd card :/

Please read the topic title
23rd September 2019, 11:04 PM |#8  
OP Senior Member
Flag Paris

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poda_jj

does the chinese version have any problems with the notifications?

I guess this is the main issue with Chinese ROM... Whatsapp notifications don't work well.
Still running tests, but there are like 4 places to watch for to help with notifications:

- permissions
- notifications from the app setup screen
- Auto start
- Battery optimisation

And probably more.
24th September 2019, 01:10 AM |#9  

More
Without notification how can you use a phone ?
24th September 2019, 09:10 AM |#10  
OP Senior Member
Flag Paris

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mburaky06

Without notification how can you use a phone ?

Notifications are fine!

It is only WhatsApp that has issues is limitations.
24th September 2019, 09:50 AM |#11  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by benjieb

Notifications are fine!

It is only WhatsApp that has issues is limitations.

Is there a need for unlocking bootloader to flash stock rom ?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
lenovo-z6-pro, z6 pro, z6pro

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)