[Tutorial]Root Oppo F1s with FlashTool for 6.0 (SafetyNet Passed/no red status bar)

Search This thread
Thanks for your reply and for more detail on the issue, however I had formatted /data as per the guide, however the directory came up as empty. Should I need to do this again in the future I'd gladly take photos.

Every time you boot stock kernel, it encrypts your /data during boot. Only kernel rooted with systemless method does not encryption /data.

After you formatted /data, you have to make sure your kernel has already rooted with systemless root(dm-variety disabled) before reboot. Otherwise your data will be encrypted again by stock kernel

Reactions: walmazi
It seems the [up_vnROM.net]_Oppo_F1s_(A1601)_MT6755_v5.1 flashing ROM I was using is missing files found in the [up_vnROM.net[_A1601EX_11_A.19_161011_MT6750_DLTOOL ROM used in the video.
I no longer get the FAIL: Add handle to list fail messages when I place DownloadTool_1612.8.exe in the [up_vnROM.net[_A1601EX_11_A.19_161011_MT6750_DLTOOL ROM directory.

Now I get a new error message.

The phone is detected and the red status bar goes to 100% in the first second or two of connecting the phone when flashing the recovery image but then sits for about 1 minute before an error pop up window appears.

I tried flashing the OPPO_F1S_mt6750_CTR_v5.7_Modified_product_device_prop.img recovery image three different ways to test whether using the [up_vnROM.net[_A1601EX_11_A.19_161011_MT6750_DLTOOL ROM, another of the MT6750 flashing ROMs, or one of the MT6755 flashing ROMs made a difference.

I got the same "error: Status_EXT_RAM_EXCEPTION(-1073414139)" message in all 3 scenarios:

Scenario 1:
[up_vnROM.net[_A1601EX_11_A.19_161011_MT6750_DLTOOL ROM directory given shorter name and containing the following additional files:

• DownloadTool_1612.8.exe
    OPPO_F1S_mt6750_CTR_v5.7_Modified_product_device_prop.img

Scenario 2:
[up_vnROM.net[_A1601EX_11_A.19_161011_MT6750_DLTOOL ROM directory contents overwritten by [up_vnROM]_A1601EX_11_A.15_160913_MT6750 contents and then directory given shorter name.
Then the following files copied into the [up_vnROM.net[_A1601EX_11_A.19_161011_MT6750_DLTOOL directory

Scenario 3:
[up_vnROM.net[_A1601EX_11_A.19_161011_MT6750_DLTOOL ROM directory contents overwritten by [up_vnROM.net]_Oppo_F1s_(A1601)_MT6755_v5.1 contents and then directory given shorter name.
Then the following files copied into the [up_vnROM.net[_A1601EX_11_A.19_161011_MT6750_DLTOOL directory:

If you could give me an idea where I am going wrong and things I could try, that would be really appreciated.

Unfortunately the only reason came up to my mind was Pc related issue.

I'm afraid your PC has corrupted dll files in system32, that makes the program crash when it tries to load a dll or call an Windows API. It's very common to have corrupted dll files in system32, when your PC is infected, viruses replaces system files to hide or protect themselves.

Maybe try using another PC will work? Or reinstall windows. Also, some antivirus program uses hook to hook Windows API,this can also be a reason to cause the program error. Also try disabling antivirus.

Last edited:

fanasio

Aug 28, 2017

I successfully doing your tutorial and it work flawlessly :D
SafetyNet Passed, no red status bar only few new adjustment since I upgrade from Lolipop

then I tried going further to install xposed (systemless too), tutorial from here
1. Install xposed materialized design -> no red status bar
2. Install xposed framework(magisk modules via xposed installer) -> well red status bar appear(already mention by the thread though)

after few days I felt that I don't really need xposed and red status bar kinda annoying me, so I wanna uninstall it, so what I already did?
1. uninstall xposed framework(magisk modules) via magisk manager and reboot -> xposed materialized design still installed and red status bar still there
2. uninstall xposed materialized design and reboot -> red status bar still here :crying:

is there any way to get rid of this annoying red status bar without doing all the step all the way from the start?

thx in advance and pardon my English ;)

aasifnasim

Aug 28, 2013
Akola
i have oppo f1s 4gb ram 64gb internal
stock rom 5.1
coloros latest updated A1601EX_11_A.33_170814
unable to root with all methods like
1. kingoroot mobile and pcs : not done
2. kingroot mobile and pcs : not done
i need to root my handset bcoz it changes mac id every time it starts.
plz

i have oppo f1s 4gb ram 64gb internal
stock rom 5.1
coloros latest updated A1601EX_11_A.33_170814
unable to root with all methods like
1. kingoroot mobile and pcs : not done
2. kingroot mobile and pcs : not done
i need to root my handset bcoz it changes mac id every time it starts.
plz
So follow the tutorial and download 4GB rom and do it,all can be done if you follow the steps, what's the problem exactly?

kishor1992

Oct 13, 2017
Hello guys i have oppo f1s. I want to root it. I dont understand how to do it with ctr. I have never done rooting. So someome tell me in easy words. so i will set my phone to god mode.

microchip88

Dec 3, 2011
can you just please upload the scatter file for both 3gb and 4gb variant instead of downloading the whole flashable rom which is about 1.3gb this would save data for other users like me.

doubtfire1

Oct 22, 2017
ive been having issues with the mtk drivers, i installed them all properly with digital signature off etc, followed all steps but when i press start all on the download tool, i hold the power up button and connect my phone, it registers as an MTP device instead of the mtk. ive been forum searching and googling for 3 hours trying various methods to get it to work and it still doesnt, i cant progress any further with this any help?
im using win 7 64bit, tried to install every single mtk driver from all the inf files, tried other usb ports, but it still wont show up and detect as mtk??

ive been having issues with the mtk drivers, i installed them all properly with digital signature off etc, followed all steps but when i press start all on the download tool, i hold the power up button and connect my phone, it registers as an MTP device instead of the mtk. ive been forum searching and googling for 3 hours trying various methods to get it to work and it still doesnt, i cant progress any further with this any help?
im using win 7 64bit, tried to install every single mtk driver from all the inf files, tried other usb ports, but it still wont show up and detect as mtk??

Was your phone powered off when you pressed volumn up and connected your phone?
Your phone should be powered off when you connect your phone. MTP interfaces only works when your phone is powered up.

doubtfire1

Oct 22, 2017
Was your phone powered off when you pressed volumn up and connected your phone?
Your phone should be powered off when you connect your phone. MTP interfaces only works when your phone is powered up.

yeah, it was definitely off. I had the device manager open when it connected to confirm what it was appearing as, with power on it tells me 'oppo a1601' under portable devices, but power off is simply 'mtp USB device' the battery charging thing pops up on screen before it goes black again tho. I considered taking the battery out to try connect it but I don't want to take my phone apart and unscrew it since its complicated to do with these

Arun Gowda

Sep 26, 2015
Error

Followed all steps correctly, rooted but the backcamera doesn't work please help me with it...

aasifnasim

Aug 28, 2013
Akola
Followed same procedure, installed recovery but unable to install magisk zip
install zip it is not going to select sd card etc
unable to detect internal storage also

help me where to install magisk zip,
it is no my internal storage clockwork folder as well as in sd card
even i try to mound ext_sdcard but error no files found
plz help : urgent

Last edited:
Reactions: JoeyTheRev

igeekyayush

Sep 22, 2012
Redmi Note 11
I get a “Failed to add file handle” error when I start up DownloadTool_1612.8.exe. I placed DownloadTool_1612.8.exe in the folders containing both MT6755 Flashtool File Stock ROMs (I tried all MT6755 ROMs and got same error message). I read somewhere that my file path might be too long so I put the MT6755 ROM folders on the root of the C:\ drive and shortened the MT6755 ROM folder names too but still got same error. I wonder what I am doing wrong? I am using Windows 10 (Pro version).

zeroisgod

Jul 2, 2012
Delhi
One thing in android M is when i drop down status bar to see the notification, instead of notification plane, notification panel drop down forst and then swipe left to get access to the notifications. Irritated with this. There should be notification plane drop down and then swipe right to access notification panel like in lollipop.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    First of all, big thanks to @ngoralph sent me a link at May. It's a post looks like a working guide rooting A1601 with flash tool, however it's written in Vietnamese,none of us understand Vietnamese. I finally have some time to take a deeper look at that guide and figure it out how it works.

2017.11.04 Update
    Added a stock recovery image generated with install-recovery.sh and boot.img(Generated from A1601EX_11_OTA_002_all_201704120142_wipe.zip) for those who don't have stock recovery image
    Download Stock recovery of 20170412 : https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1X00ZJdxkKyR3g5V3BuTlNYdlU

In short, It seems like the process was done by a tool from phone repair services. The tool itself did try to connect to an oppo server when it's opened. Anyway, lets start :)

Benefits in comparison with other known old root method:
    1.No modification to system.img, no red status bar "root detected", no need to replace SystemUI.
    2.Pass SafetyNet.

SOMETHING YOU HAVE TO KNOW BEFORE DOING
    *NOTE:This method uses meta mode*
    1.You need a clean install 6.0 stock rom(factory reset)(6.0 Stock firmware installed by stock recovery not twrp, all the twrp for F1s are buggy).
    *why buggy? take a look at /cache/recovery/xxx.log, you'll find out the ported recovery was compiled with different PixelFormat and also many different specifications, that's why the twrp recovery often give you a black screen.
    2.Some twrp automatically did some modifications with your system.img to prevent stock recovery being recovered at boot, that might be the reason everyone see the read status bar "root detected"(modification detected). (Edit: Now there're more version of ported TWRP available, so this issue depends on the version of your twrp)
    3.The flash tool will only work when you have mtk driver installed properly on your PC.
    4.The new added dm-varity in oppo 6.0 rom will cause /data become unreadable with recovery, thus a format of /data is required (systemless root needs /data readable with recovery because they put su.img in /data).
    5.Until now, I think this CTR recovery is the most stable recovery for oppo F1s

Preparations : Installation & Downloads before rooting process
    1.Install mtk driver:
    If you haven't have mtk drivers installed, you can follow this tutorial to install it on your PC
    https://tehnotone.com/windows-10-mtk-vcom-usb-drivers-for-32-64-bit-drivers-installation-tutorial/(this driver also works on win7)

To install the driver under Windows 10, the only method is entering trouble shoot menu to temporary disable Driver Signature Enforcement and install it.(after next reboot, the driver will not work again. You will need to do the same trouble shoot menu procedure again if you want to use it again)
    If you want the driver works permantly , enabling test mode will does the trick. To enable test mode, open cmd.exe with administrator privilege,type following command
    Code:
    bcdedit /set testsigning on

Other problems cause the flash tool not working!! If you're sure you installed mtk driver correctly.....
    If you have Core Quarantine enabled in Windows Defender,the flash tool will not be able to download firmware to your phone.(Tried to fix driver problem but all no luck until i found this.......I spent almost a day to figure out this)
    To disable Core Quarantine, go to ( Windows Defender Security Center> Device Security> Core Quarantine)

2.Download DownloadTool_1612.8.exe here
    3.Download a Flashtool flashable stock rom here(Any build number version is okay, but need to match your phone's hardware specifications. 3GB ram = mt6750, 4GB ram= mt6755. Even you just want to flash a single partition, the FlashTool still need you to load a full firmware,so you have to download it.)
    4.Download newest 6.0 stock firmware zip( You can use your own or here is a 20170412 6.0 build)
    5.Download newest Magisk flashable zip here
    6.Download a little modified CTR here with "ro.product.device=A1601" which can open all the stock firmware package. (modified from this CTR recovery (original CTR credits @BouyaPK) )

LASTEST EDIT : The modified CTR recovery seems has no problem to handle official OTA package correctly after being tested(unlike some old twrp builds have issues), if you found any problem with this CTR recovery for installing any official OTA Package, please report...
    Good! Now you are ready to root your device !
    Here's the steps:
    old steps was abandoned due to lastest edit: no need to revert to stock recovery
    1. Copy magisk, 6.0 stock firmware zip to your external sd card( internal storage may had been encrypted sometimes)
    2.Flash CTR Recovery to your phone with DownloadTool...Video Demonstration for this step:
    https://youtu.be/DPRzWiAaaCY
    Open DownloadTool_1612.8.exe, choose "Developement Mode", enter password "oppodeve", then uncheck all partitions, leave only recovery checked, then select CTR recovery image as target. ==>Press start ==>Hold phone's volume up(when your phone is off) and connect it to PC with usb cable ==> the PC detected it ==> release volume up button.
    3.After flashing CTR recovery, boot into recovery , hold Volume down key+ power key boot into CTR recovery
    4.Do a full wipe with CTR recovery(factory reset in wipe menu)
    5.[optional step] If you have android 6.0 on your phone installed before, your /data partition was encrypted when you boot 6.0 rom , you need to wipe /data(you will loose your internal SD data). To wipe /data , in CTR Recovery Click "Mounts/Storage" ==> Click "Format /data" . If you have 5.1 firmware on your phone before you do these steps, just skip this step.
    6.Install stock firmware zip ( in CTR recovery main menu ==> Click "Install zip" ==> select the firmware zip and install) (IMPORTANT: you must not reboot phone before you've done step 7(install magisk)!!!!! If you reboot system before installing magisk, your /data will end up being encrypted, You will have to do step 5 wipe data then you can install magisk)
    7.Install magisk zip ( in CTR recovery main menu ==> Click "Install zip" ==> select magisk and install)
    8.reboot ==> select no when ask fix stock recovery
    9. you have root with SafetyNet passed.

ScreenShots:
    Proof Of SafetyNet On A1601 Marshmallow Rooted Rom
    Screenshot_2017-08-04-02-53-08-28.png

Screenshot_2017-08-04-02-52-52-74.png

Screenshot_2017-08-04-02-53-25-55.png
    EDIT: followed the instruction and sucessfully done it :)
    maybe you should include that the zip file to be downloaded in preparation 3 is only used to flash the recovery and that they can flash any firmware via stock recovery
    Red root detection warning is only in MM..
    It doesn't matter how you root, u will get that red statud bar in MM if u root it as it is implemented in systemUI..

nope, following this method i got root without the annoying status bar i think the red status bar triggers when something is edited in system ie like installing xposed since installing xposed triggers the red status bar even after doing this
    Red root detection warning is only in MM..
    It doesn't matter how you root, u will get that red statud bar in MM if u root it as it is implemented in systemUI..

The old root method might have tampered something in system and it's possible related to TWRP because SafetyNet always show CTS profile mismatch.
    With this method you can get SafetyNet pass, take a look at my screenshot, Safetynet passed ,no red status bar and also it's android marshmallow 6.0 :) Android Pay is only compatible with this root method.

I'm a player of pokemon go that's why I care SafetyNet :p
    Thats good.. If u have flashed like this and have root access then can u try to flash twrp and check whats the results?
    Bcos to flash custom rom of MM this CTR recovery wont work.. As it contains L data with L recovery..

I already tried, and failed with TWRP.

After the upgrade of Android 6.0, all the twrp stopped working on my device, all gave me a black screen, your MM twrp doesn't work on my device either. Even I reflashed twrp, still not working , the only solution for me is CTR.

I tried to figure out the reason twrp stopped working from /cache/recovery/xxx.log and found out all twrp was compiled with the different pixel format,such as RGB, which gave this black screen error. You can take a look at your recovery log.

I flashed twrp with flash tool, it gave me black screen so I couldn't do any operation to my system, but when I reboot, I got root detected status bar. I think the root detected might related to twrp itself.

That's why I chose CTR, correct pixel format and it did ask fixing stuff to prevent stock recovery being recovered(so I can choose no to keep system unmodified)