[GAPPS][5.1.X][5.0.X][4.4.X] Open GApps for Stock

Search This thread

callihn

Oct 14, 2012
Thanks to the joining with the Open GApps project, this package is now available for both arm and arm64 devices, from Android 4.4 KitKat to Android 5.1 Lollipop.
Download:
You can find the latest version from the website OpenGApps.org
You can download now any package and if a Stock ROM is detected, it will switch to the "for Stock" mode.

The issue I'm having is that any app not in the OpenGapps is being uninstalled. For example I really just need the files in the pico package but flasing it will remove all my Gapps and install only the apps in the pico package. Needless to say this behavior is undesirable as I only want to update the apps in the pico package not remove all the other Gapps. I'm able to move all other apps from the PlayStore to the system using Link2SD except Google Play Services and obviously there are some core apps in pico that are not updated through the PlayStore so I really only need the pico package but that doesn't work because of this undesired behavior. Is there a way around this?

dimscor

Dec 22, 2017
Update LOS issue

Hello! I use LineageOS 17.1. After the last update of the LOS I have an issue with the Pixel luncher. It constantly stoppes working and I can't use my phone until full reinstallation of my system and Gapps.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Introducing Open GApps for Stock
    This package aims to help everyone that wants to integrate updates to the GApps into their ROM without the risks of Titanium Backup.
    It was originally a fork of the work of TKruzze and it's now part of the Open GApps project.
    Some things changed from the old PA GApps package to accommodate the installation on stock ROMs. The largest part of the changes is not visible to the user, but I would like to list them here:
    • All the libchrome libs from /system/lib and /system/lib64 are now removed.
    • The sizes of the apps are now directly measured from the zip, thus resulting in a more accurate estimation of the occupied space.
    • The Google Email client (the one that became a stub following an update on the Play store) will be removed if Gmail is going to be installed.
    • Android System WebView has been added to the Stock package.

The gapps-config functionality is still here and can be used to exclude some apps or to reduce the package to a smaller size.

GApps for Stock joined the Open GApps project and became Open GApps for Stock

It's just like the standard Open GApps stock package with the added ability to flash over Stock ROMs. This new package is called "fornexus" and is intended to use on Nexus devices with Stock ROMs from Google. Open GApps for stock is now included in the main code of the OpenGApps project, so you can now flash the stock package or smaller ones directly on your Nexus device. The compatibility with other ROMs is not guaranteed, but you can ask for help here (and not in the Open GApps thread) providing the debug logs (found in the same folder of the ZIP file) and I can tell you if your problem derives from a complete incompatibility or can be solved by me.

Download available now! (Post #3)
    FAQ:
    Some Frequently asked Questions about the Open GApps package can be found here. If you don't find your question in the FAQs, you can post it here and you will be answered.

This post will be populated with the time as questions arise.
    Thanks to the joining with the Open GApps project, this package is now available for both arm and arm64 devices, from Android 4.4 KitKat to Android 5.1 Lollipop.
    Download:
    You can find the latest version from the website OpenGApps.org
    You can download now any package and if a Stock ROM is detected, it will switch to the "for Stock" mode.
    Gapps for Stock 20150501 released
    Changelog:
    • The package has been tested (on my Nexus 5 using gapps-config to reduce the size) and all went fine. I can say it's safe to install.
    Google Play Music updated to version 5.9.1853R.1893462
    Google Play Newsstand updated to version 3.4.0 (2015040709)
    Google App (Search) updated to version 4.5.13.19.arm
    Maps updated to version 9.8.1
    Yes, 5.0 only, 5.1 version will come out in the near future.