2,111 posts
Thanks Meter: 745

By bovirus, Senior Member on 31st May 2017, 03:40 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
16th June 2018, 07:01 PM |#111  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Bugs and Spanish language
Well, I'm going to write this but it doesn't mean that I'm waiting for a quick fix.

v1.17 has a bug (even earlier versions, since drag&drop). If you drop a new apk, permissions are added without deleting/resetting the older ones.
And "; CheckSignature=0" is in though the default is 1 and you added On/off signature check via GUI. If you untick "Signature" via GUI the key CheckSignature=0 (without semicolon) is added too and you'll see both lines; so, if you want 1 to be default change "; CheckSignature=0" by "CheckSignature=1"

Now, there are many new languages and Spanish is a little mess. I can see that you have added many Spanish country codes (0C0A Spanish-Spain, 040A traditional Spanish-Spain, and others) and all point to [Strings-es]. [Strings-sp] is unneeded but it's the better translation. My attempt for 0C0A is (I'm Spanish)
Code:
Application=Aplicación
Version=Versión
Build=Build
Package=Paquete
MinSDK=SDK Mínimo
TargetSDK=SDK Objetivo
ScreenSize=Tamaño pantalla
Resolution=Resolución
Permission=Permisos
Feature=Características
CurrentName=Nombre actual
NewName=Nuevo nombre
PlayStore=Google Play Store
RenameFile=Renombrar archivo
Exit=Salir
RenameAPKFile=Renombrar archivo APK
NewAPKFilename=Nuevo nombre del APK
Error=¡Error!
RenameFail=El archivo APK no puede ser renombrado.
SelectAPKFile=Selecionar archivo APK
CurDev=Cur_Dev
CurDevBuild=Build des. actual
Unknown=Desconocido
LangCode=Código Idioma SO
LangName=Idioma SO
ABIs=ABIs
Signature=Firma
Debug=Depurar
Icon=Icono
Loading=Cargando
ABI and SDK acronyms, Google Play Store are used without translation in Spanish. SO - Sistema Operativo (operating system)
The Following User Says Thank You to JuLePe For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift JuLePe Ad-Free

16th June 2018, 07:40 PM |#112  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Upstate New York
Thanks Meter: 6,143

Donate to Me
More
@Enyby, I'm just wondering if there's a way to sever the translations from within the "APK-Info.ini" file and have it look to a separate directory with 1 translations ini file or split it up for individual languages?

It's been some time since I've done this specifically (back when I had my Microsoft System Builder certifications) but, I believe that this can be done.

Just a suggestion...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I DO NOT provide support via PM unless asked/requested by myself. PLEASE keep it in the threads where everyone can share.
16th June 2018, 07:46 PM |#113  
Thanks Meter: 69

More
@JuLePe
Thanks. Bug fixed. Translation updated.
"-sp" is mistake. Must be "-es". So I moved your translation here.
@Ibuprophen
This can be done, but I do not know why. One file is enough. This is not the file you need to edit every day.

1.18 ready: https://github.com/Enyby/APK-Info/releases
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Enyby For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Enyby Ad-Free
16th June 2018, 08:48 PM |#114  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Upstate New York
Thanks Meter: 6,143

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enyby

... This can be done, but I do not know why. One file is enough. This is not the file you need to edit every day...

I was just making a suggestion. This wasn't a big deal with me my friend... :thumbup:

Keep up the GREAT WORK!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I DO NOT provide support via PM unless asked/requested by myself. PLEASE keep it in the threads where everyone can share.
18th June 2018, 06:13 AM |#115  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 745

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibuprophen

@Enyby, I'm just wondering if there's a way to sever the translations from within the "APK-Info.ini" file and have it look to a separate directory with 1 translations ini file or split it up for individual languages?

It's been some time since I've done this specifically (back when I had my Microsoft System Builder certifications) but, I believe that this can be done.

Just a suggestion...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I didn't understand why you want to separate the translation from apk-Info.ini.
What's the befit that you can see to have separate file & folders?
Also for me It's better to have all info in a single INI file than several files & structure that you have to updated.
19th June 2018, 02:56 PM |#116  
Flag Novosibirsk
Thanks Meter: 1,534

Donate to Me
More
1.18 version still adding BUILD after VERSION_NUMBER.
Can't find how to turn it off.
This bug still don't fixed.

Also 1.18 version still can't show Icon for apks.
Click image for larger version

Name:	snap00063.png
Views:	34
Size:	27.3 KB
ID:	4530603 Click image for larger version

Name:	snap00064.png
Views:	32
Size:	27.1 KB
ID:	4530604
19th June 2018, 03:55 PM |#117  

More
@Borizzz
Quote:

still adding BUILD after VERSION_NUMBER.

It's not a mistake. It should be so. Some developers do not update the version number, but only the build number.
If you do not like the dot separator, you can specify another separator in the .ini file.
Quote:

Also 1.18 version still can't show Icon for apks.

The icon is displayed if possible. If the icon is vector or is constructed in a complex way, then it can not be shown.

I checked on few apk and on two yours:
https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/facebo...-apk-download/
This use complicated .xml resource for show icon.
https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/google...-apk-download/
This use complicated .xml resource for show icon.

So this is not a bug. If the .apk has a normal icon, it will be shown.
And if there is screwed up that, as in the case of facebook, then there will be no icons at all.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	scr_1529419039.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	66.5 KB
ID:	4530638   Click image for larger version

Name:	scr_1529419045.jpg
Size:	67.6 KB
ID:	4530639   Click image for larger version

Name:	scr_1529419056.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	63.2 KB
ID:	4530640   Click image for larger version

Name:	scr_1529419061.jpg
Size:	67.0 KB
ID:	4530641   Click image for larger version

Name:	scr_1529419068.jpg
Size:	64.0 KB
ID:	4530642   Click image for larger version

Name:	scr_1529419074.jpg
Size:	63.2 KB
ID:	4530643   Click image for larger version

Name:	scr_1529419078.jpg
Size:	63.6 KB
ID:	4530644   Click image for larger version

Name:	scr_1529419085.jpg
Size:	68.0 KB
ID:	4530645   Click image for larger version

Name:	scr_1529419569.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	64.3 KB
ID:	4530646   Click image for larger version

Name:	scr_1529419576.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	71.1 KB
ID:	4530647  
The Following User Says Thank You to Enyby For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Enyby Ad-Free
19th June 2018, 04:06 PM |#118  
Flag Novosibirsk

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

@Borizzz

It's not a mistake. It should be so. Some developers do not update the version number, but only the build number.
If you do not like the dot separator, you can specify another separator in the .ini file.

I know problem of do not changing version number by devs. But I still don't need build in my apk new file name. I get over it with other ways.

Quote:

The icon is displayed if possible. If the icon is vector or is constructed in a complex way, then it can not be shown.
So this is not a bug. If the .apk has a normal icon, it will be shown.
And if there is screwed up that, as in the case of facebook, then there will be no icons at all.

OK, now I'm understand and got it.

So, I want to present my own build of APK-Info:

Version: 1.19
Date: 19.06.2018
Sources: https://github.com/iMiKED/APK-Info/

Changelog:
  • Added option to switch off adding build number to new file name of apk, default value is 0 (do not add);
Download:
The Following User Says Thank You to Borizzz For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Borizzz Ad-Free
19th June 2018, 04:58 PM |#119  

More
@Borizzz
You run ahead of the locomotive. This is done not in this way, but through pull request. And you created fork. While I was making other changes.
19th June 2018, 05:14 PM |#120  

More
@Borizzz
Now, in my 1.19 release ( https://github.com/Enyby/APK-Info/releases/tag/1.19 ) Google Play load icon.
But facebook can not be loaded in any way. Because they use some hacks. They refer to resources do not exists in the .apk file. Possible they use custom resource loader or something similar. In any case APK-Info can not handle this never.

Also you can disable append build number in the config file by new option FileNameWithBuild.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	scr_1529424131.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	69.4 KB
ID:	4530713   Click image for larger version

Name:	scr_1529424144.jpg
Size:	62.2 KB
ID:	4530714  
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Enyby For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Enyby Ad-Free
19th June 2018, 05:17 PM |#121  
Flag Novosibirsk

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

@Borizzz
You run ahead of the locomotive. This is done not in this way, but through pull request. And you created fork. While I was making other changes.

You can merge my fork and modify it in your way if you want. It was faster for me to achieve desired functionality not through feature request and long explanations but through implementing it by myself. Thanks to open source.
Feel free to use my code.

UPD:
Ah, seems like you also realized this feature. Thank you. Maybe I should stick to your codebase.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)