Thanks Meter: 745

By bovirus, Senior Member on 31st May 2017, 03:40 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
4th December 2018, 07:48 AM |#201  
OP Senior Member

More
@Enyby

After your explanation I agree with you. Thanks.

7th December 2018, 07:17 AM |#202  
Thanks Meter: 286

More
As a task button suggestion...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enyby

You can edit source and make your build.
You suggestion not good for most users and guidelines, because title show on task bar buttons, where it can be stripped.
Look on browser windows/tab titles for example.
Variable info always must be first because if it stripped at end, it is more usable.
I prefer see few task bar buttons with apk names, rather than useless mention "APK-Info" on each.

For the task bar buttons to be clear at a glance, I agree that the apk's name is more important to show than some long string such as APK-Info xxx.xxx
However, prefixing the apk names with a simple AI: xxx.xxx or AI=xxx.xxx would actually be even more informative and would satisfy all parties. It would be clearer as to what each task button is and would tell apart from other running program button, or perhaps make it a user selectable option in config or ini file. Just my 2cents, and yes I know "Compile your own!". jk
26th March 2019, 09:18 AM |#203  
OP Senior Member

More
@Enyby

I see the changes in source github repository about Androdi Q.

https://github.com/Enyby/APK-Info

I follow the instructions to rebuild the exe using Scitex Editor (portable version) downlaoded by

https://www.autoitscript.com/site/au...tor/downloads/

loading the file and press F7 but it seems that SciteX editor is looking for Autoit.exe that is not available in Scitex editor.

Does your tool require Android Build tool .exe file?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bovirus For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bovirus Ad-Free
26th March 2019, 02:28 PM |#204  
Thanks Meter: 69

More
Try use not portable version.
All .exe files present in latest Apk-Info release. It is reason why you need "Unpack the source on top of the release.".
Follow steps from instructions and all must work.
I advice not use latest bin tools from Android SDK, because its not in release state. It is release candidate. look like its not stable.
I has few reports about wrong work adb.exe and found by myself apksigner.jar make wrong check for signature apk.
In old version all work fine.
Need wait release state for bin tools from sdk.
The Following User Says Thank You to Enyby For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Enyby Ad-Free
12th June 2019, 02:49 PM |#205  
OP Senior Member

More
@Enyby

Could you please update your tool? Proposals

- Add detection of Android 10
- Use of platform tool v. 29.0.1 and build tool v. 29.0.0

Thanks.
12th June 2019, 08:58 PM |#206  

More
@bovirus
I can update. But are you sure that the utilities are stable? So far, all the information that came to me, said the opposite. Starting with the release of the candidate. And after the release, people generally rolled back to 28.0.2 due to bugs.
12th June 2019, 09:03 PM |#207  
OP Senior Member

More
@Enyby

Officcially Google release the version that I mentioned as "stable" version. Not beta.
Also APK-Info need an update to .ini file to detect Android Q (10) apps.
12th June 2019, 09:07 PM |#208  

More
@bovirus
The fact that they signed it as stable does not mean that it is stable. Here is an example:
https://github.com/flutter/flutter/issues/33938
And if we use badly working binaries, then Google said that they are stable, it will not help users much.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)