[APP] Device ID Changer for Android 8+ (16/Apr)(v0.9.3-stable)

Search This thread

Mourdraug

Jul 22, 2016
Gdansk
Mi 6, app ver 0.9.3:
Look up works fine. When trying to change id I get index out of bounds exception:
4TVUutp_d.jpg

benna

Jun 5, 2012
Hi Guys.
I have a MECOOL KM9 TV box. DSTV does not work on it ( its a TV streaming app)
Its works on my older TV box and smart TV. It used to work , but I played around with ROMs and now it does not work anymore.
The app needs a google certified device ( Fixed that with Magisk and Props config module) , but the app keeps seeing the same "old" device. I want the app to see my TV box as a new/other device.
In the DSTV app I can see the " registered device ID" ,witch is a long number and not the same as the ID number I see and changed in this ID Change app.

So my question is , HOW do I change the ID the DSTV app sees? I used the ID change app , but the ID in DSTV app stays the same.
I am running android 8.1

PS. I see its a 32 bit hex number

Thanx all

Last edited:

lahma69

Jun 19, 2010
Just wanted to see if the v0.9.2-stable is stable enough to flash and run until the developer picks this project or another dev takes over.

If anyone could let me know, this is a business phone that actually needs this feature so I don't want to do anything to drastic as it is a Nexus 6p and last thing I want to do is throw it into infinite boot loop. It's running 8.1 Oreo right now. Any input from anyone would be greatly appreciated.

I've been using it on my Nexus 6P running Android 8.1.0 for well over a year, and I have had ZERO problems with it. I only use it to change the ID of a select few apps, but in every case I have used it on thus far, it has worked perfectly. The core concept of what it is doing under the hood is relatively simple, and it appears that most of the UI problems, experienced by any early-release app, have been resolved by v0.9.3. Just thought I'd share my experience. :good:

Oct 9, 2018
Hello. As of today, this has stopped working. When I click the save icon, the app just closes (crashes?) without saving. It used to work before. What's going on?

bairouty

Jul 15, 2011
Hello there,,

Can someone explain for me what's the purpose of changing the device ID plz?

Thank u

---------- Post added at 05:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:09 PM ----------

Another question & it's not related to the main subject,, i just want to know regarding the VOLTE service, i think it depends on carrier provider to enable or disable it for you on ur number, but also & after research i found that it needs that ur device model should be added to their white-list to show up the VOLTE mark on the notification bar, so the question is as long as they need only to add the device model to their list since my model is not added yet, is it possible to let my mobile shown for them as samsung s10+ or any flagship model to get the service to my mobile or not?

the mobile what im using is Xiaomi Poco F1,,

sorry for my long message but i really hope someone helping me plzzzz

Thank you all ;)

Timmmmaaahh!

Sr. Mod / Mod Cmte / Recognized Xmas Avatar Themer
Staff member
Sep 11, 2012
From From eh... Belgium!
OnePlus One
OnePlus 6T
Hello there,,

Can someone explain for me what's the purpose of changing the device ID plz?

Thank u

Hi!
I used this back in the Oreo days to backup and restore my ID. TitaniumBackup creates magnificent backups but when hopping ROMs, device ID is changed every single time. This is mainly a problem with banking and security apps. Restoring these apps combined with restoring the device's ID allowed to fool these apps as if nothing changed and business went back to usual within seconds. Otherwise, setting up all these accounts back up after every clean flash was tedious. Shame it doesn't work anymore on later Android versions.

You're welcome [emoji846]

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Reactions: bairouty

dimdimdim

Oct 6, 2006
Is there any way to change the device ID of my RMN7? Android PIE
Have you tried this app on pie? Does it work on pie?

---------- Post added at 07:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:48 PM ----------

A simple and elegant App that help you monitor Android IDs on Oreo devices.

Man, great app, searched for a kind of it for restoring viber without a need to reactivate it with sms (don't have the sim) on Q - hope, viber checks android id only to identify the device..

ashwinkabbinahalli

Feb 9, 2013
Realme 2 pro
Have you tried this app on pie? Does it work on pie?

---------- Post added at 07:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:48 PM ----------

Man, great app, searched for a kind of it for restoring viber without a need to reactivate it with sms (don't have the sim) on Q - hope, viber checks android id only to identify the device..

On Q?
So it works on P and Q?
Can u confirm??

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

App that helps you monitor Android IDs on your Android devices.

Looking for a Command Line Tool? see The Original Thread.

Screenshots
    7pkoghGl.png
    nhzHjIcl.png
    KxMhJ6ll.png
    18vpX96l.png

Notes
    • Root privilege is required.
    • Works on Android 8+. (Target 8.1 API27/Min 8.0 API26)
    • Please be advised that any modification can be harmful to your system. Always make a backup to keep your data safe.
    • More features may be coming in the further versions!

Supported Features
    • Look up IDs
    • Modify IDs
    • Backup the settings (export current settings) Coming soon
    • Restore settings (import settings) Coming Soon
    • Detect corrupted setting file Not yet supported

Usage and Confusion Clarify
    1. Open the app.
      • Root privilege is required.
      • A toast is shown on the app startup to indicate whether root permission is granted or not.
      • The app will NOT work if root permission is not available.

2. Tap on an app in the list that you want to work with.
      • A pop-up box will show up.

3. Modify the values in the text boxes.
      • These values should be hex-strings and should be exactly 16 characters long.
        • A hex string is a string that consists of only digits and characters from 'a' to 'f'.
      • The app automatically guarantees these properties.
        • It's not possible to input invalid characters.
        • If the value does not match the requirements, the "Commit" button will be grayed out.
      • What are "Current ID" and "Default ID"?
        • See this post.
        • "current ID" and "default ID" corresponds to "value" and "default value" in the above post.

4. Tap on the green SAVE button in the bottom right corner.
      • Settings will be written back to the system only if you press this button.

5. Restart your phone.
      • Changes will take effect on the next boot.

Known Bugs
    • Allow invalid values option will not work. (Not implemented and will be removed)
    • There are no known bugs currently for the latest version (0.9.3). If you do find a bug somewhere, please let me know. Thank you! :D

Change Log
    • v0.9.3-stable (16/Apr)
      • Slight UI adjustments.
      • Performance improvements.
    • v0.9.2-stable (13/Apr)
      • Entirely re-designed UI.
      • Added the "save changes" button. Settings won't be written back immediately after a commit now.
    • v0.9.1-stable (12/Apr)
      • Random generation function added.
      • Fully disallow invalid IDs. (Confirm button disappear if the inputted ID is invalid)
      • A new key is used to sign the apk file; please uninstall previous versions first if there are any.
    • v0.9.0 (12/Apr)
      • Major performance improvements.
      • Major stability improvements.
      • Validate IDs inputted.
      • Re-designed output generator for better file layout.
      • UI adjustments.
      • Apps will now be listed in ascending order in terms of their names.
    • v0.0.1 (11/Apr)
      • First experimental release.

Downloads

• Please find the attachments below!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I'll update this thread soon, heading out for food now. :D:D:D
    You know what would be awesome? A way to change ALL APP IDs at once with a "master" ID that you could set, or simply set a "master" which you would then open the app on the list and click Copy from master, and it would paste the ID you set as master.

Just an idea! ;)
    Just wanted to see if the v0.9.2-stable is stable enough to flash and run until the developer picks this project or another dev takes over.

If anyone could let me know, this is a business phone that actually needs this feature so I don't want to do anything to drastic as it is a Nexus 6p and last thing I want to do is throw it into infinite boot loop. It's running 8.1 Oreo right now. Any input from anyone would be greatly appreciated.

I've successfully fooled LastPass with it so it's stable on my end but that doesn't mean it will be on your end. I wouldn't recommend messing with a business phone though. Even more so if you're unsure on how to deal with a bootloop.
    FYI: I'm running it on a OnePlus One, also on 8.1 Oreo (Resurrection Remix).
    I've successfully fooled LastPass with it so it's stable on my end but that doesn't mean it will be on your end. I wouldn't recommend messing with a business phone though. Even more so if you're unsure on how to deal with a bootloop.
    FYI: I'm running it on a OnePlus One, also on 8.1 Oreo (Resurrection Remix).

Thank you for your response. I will weigh any other options and with it being a business phone, it is one of many I have, I just am just setting this device up for a project model and need a device ID changer, like on older Marshmallow and Nougat phones that I have used. Just didn't realize that they had made Device ID app based, which is a pain now.

I have my personal Mate 9 but would prefer to try on the 6p as I have found it easier to fix issues on and is less expensive to replace, if something drastic were to happen. If I feel ballsy enough, I will report my results with that version here as well.

Awesome name and avatar by the way, thanks again.
    bro, I'm in PIE. (9) do you have a plan to make it supported in PIE? please!!!