Blackview Crown review- 5inch Octa core Android 4.4 Smartphone 2GB Ram 16GB Rom

Search This thread

amy520

May 8, 2014
Screen

With a 5.0 Inch HD IPS Screen ,the Blackview Crown stands out with a screen perspective. Nevertheless, it’s a good screen for the money. It’s not huge but it’s big enough to comfortably use.

20140804_173806.jpg

20140804_173316.jpg

20140804_173229.jpg

More powerful than you’d think

The Blackview Crown has a 1.7 GHz Octa-Core MT6592 processor and 2 GB of RAM and ROM 16GB. Now, a Octa-Core processor is pretty great for such an affordable phone, but that amount of RAM might be setting off alarm bells.You won’t mistake it for a high end phone but nor are you likely to feel limited by its power or lack thereof.

20140804_171948.jpg

20140804_172607.jpg

Dual Camera

Blackview Crown ‘s camera has a 5 megapixel camera on the front and 13.0MP Back Camera

20140804_173049.jpg

Battery life, memory and connectivity

The Blackview Crown has a 2200 mAh battery quoted for up to up To 4 hours of talk time or up To 180 hours of standby time, which compared to smartphones in general is average to just above average but for a low end phone it’s pretty good.Things aren’t so good when we come to memory, as the Blackvew Crown has 16GB of built in storage. There is two SIM card slots with support for cards of up to 32GB.

20140804_172132.jpg

Early verdict

it’s a strong phone overall and an incredibly strong one for the price. Smooth performance, a decent screen, good battery life and a solid build quality makes this one of the best phones in its class.It’s certainly entering the market at a more competitive time, but there’s enough here to make it a strong and obvious choice if you’re shopping for a phone on a tight budget.

20140804_171948.jpg

20140804_174402.jpg

In all, the blackview crown is a nice smartphone, and there is also an original hat for me, and i also get the 8GB TF card and a leather case about the smartphone. Just enjoy it with me!

luconedj

Aug 3, 2012
how did you do this?

i think this root method will also work for the THL 5000. (looks like same rom)

i don't know if are the same rom.. Very similar hardware but i don't think...
For Root just follow the method illustrated in the post i linked above.
You need to install all drivers (MTK65XX Preloader too) in order to have successful root!;)

pelomi

Aug 15, 2014
i don't know if are the same rom.. Very similar hardware but i don't think...
For Root just follow the method illustrated in the post i linked above.
You need to install all drivers (MTK65XX Preloader too) in order to have successful root!;)

Which mode did you use with Bin4ry, 1,2 or 3?

Thanks

Wahazz

Aug 18, 2014
Root Blackview Crown

Hello glad to find a thread on Crown. I rooted mine easily with a software called Root Genuis (you can search it in Google). You can also backup the blackview Crown rom with à software called MTK DROID ROOT & TOOL
Other wise if you find a rom update or custom roms for crown, please notify it here.a I saw also that the galaxy note 3 rom was ported to the blackview jk805, It will be great if someone can do the same for the blackview Crown. :fingers-crossed:

Reactions: dcima and BigBadBoy

dcima

Mar 19, 2008
bologna
Rooting Blackview Crown

Hello glad to find a thread on Crown. I rooted mine easily with a software called Root Genuis (you can search it in Google). You can also backup the blackview Crown rom with à software called MTK DROID ROOT & TOOL
Other wise if you find a rom update or custom roms for crown, please notify it here.a I saw also that the galaxy note 3 rom was ported to the blackview jk805, It will be great if someone can do the same for the blackview Crown. :fingers-crossed:

YOU LIFE SAVER!

I've tried at least 15 methods to root this device, some, very complicated.

Your suggestion works perfectly: 1 minutes and I got root access! :laugh:

This is my preferred:

Birra%20Moretti_1980_ml_8d0341e97a5d540.jpg

It will be very nice share with you!

THANKS! :D

Wahazz

Aug 18, 2014
Blackview Crown Rom

Ok great that it works, another tip I found at blackview's Facebook page (blackview.hk): in developper option(to activate it make many taps on build number until it says you are already a developper, then return back), you can change runtime to use ART, I tried it and my Crown becomes smoother and speeder, but some apps May not work with this runtime.
I also see something at chinaphonearena that seems like an update : 07/08/2014. my Crown build number is 12/07/2014.
ww w.chinaphonearena. com/forum/ThreadBlackview-Crown-MTK6592-Firmware
Remove spaces in the link.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-08-19-17-29-43.png
    Screenshot_2014-08-19-17-29-43.png
    111.3 KB · Views: 799
Last edited:
Reactions: theoverfiend

gloover

Jun 11, 2008
Hey Wahazz.
How did you a ROM backup, using MTK DROID ROOT & TOOL? My Crown will not be found in MTK Droid Tool :(
PdaNetA4150 is installed, developers mode is enabled.

Wahaz

Jul 18, 2014
Crown Rom Backup

Hey Wahazz.
How did you a ROM backup, using MTK DROID ROOT & TOOL? My Crown will not be found in MTK Droid Tool :(
PdaNetA4150 is installed, developers mode is enabled.

Hi first make sure you have the latest version of the tool v2.5.3 (it's the one wich works with mt6592 devices),
then prefer windows 7 in stead of Windows 8
enable debugging mode in developper option
very important: when your crown is detected, check in the left bottom corner a circle: if it is orange/yellow, click root button, it will turn to green
then you can go to backup step

I am also looking for a custom recovery for crown, if someone already install a custom recovery

amy520

May 8, 2014
Last edited:

theoverfiend

Dec 25, 2013
Dornstetten
LG G3
Samsung Galaxy S10e
here my results

First impression very positive for the price ...

Pro:
GPS far the best I had in MTK's.
Gorilla glass
Antutu 26727 may still be improved but most only enough
RAM & ROM

negative:
accumulator
Touch reacts in the lower area poorly
KITKAT ... write right on SD bla bla

EBR adjusted to max. internal memory
Root via srjroot
Carliv Touch Recovery installed
SD Fix performed
Installed Xposed & Gravitybox

Drove two hours with Navi... and it runs really great.
No no jump ahead / beside the Track or lag behind.
After Tunel also again GPS signal.
Only the battery has sucked away in 2 hours 80%
my Naviapp was / is Sygic

Its a Great Phone ....

Conclusion: The purchase is worth it if you always have a charger nearby. Possibly can still be found somewhere / sometime a better battery

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I make it by my selve....

Blackview_crown_touch_recovery
    https://www.mediafire.com/?3l7pbgu3e36rc7t

install / flash via spflashtool
    Miui V5

Hi guys, I successfully ported miui v5 for Blackview Crown, with all features working. When I got a little time I'll upload the rom file.

Cheers!
    Rom installation

Hi how did you flash the new firmware ? It seems like the blackview flash tool doesn't work like SP Flash tool! Did you turn off the phone or you put in boot loader mode? You connect To the PC before or after clicking flash all in the tool, there is no details in blackview.hk tutorial .
    Where To find the right drivers?

Download and install drivers: I used this guide and download. You only need the drivers...
    http://laurentiumihet.ro/sp-flash-t...installation-guide-including-bricked-devices/

- Turn phone off
    - connect to computer
    - install drivers as in the manual (open device manager, etc)
    - disconnect phone

- unpack blackview software... follow there manual
    - start all
    - connect phone

You will see the status bar, if it sas checksum ok. Then it is done!
    Note: when you start the phone... you see the blackview start logo for sometime.Initial start takes time... don't worry! It will work.

And i must say Battery is beter then before. But it's difficult to give a percentage...
    We should do a battery test. Before and after.
    That's wanted to share my work and say thank you to the Clavis Recovery :)

Here are my files:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/22rd2oolgt0bw8u/AACXBdDiO199jaD8g1dw5cAPa?dl=0

all based on newest Firmware 27.08.2014....

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/22rd2oolgt0bw8u/AACXBdDiO199jaD8g1dw5cAPa?dl=0

1. Rootgenius: Frist run the China one .... it says rooted but it doesn't work ... then run english Version ==> Quickroot ! Everything will be fine. Don't forget to uninstall the chinese app :)

2. Boot.img with init.d support: Flash boot.img with spflash 5:
    Open Scatter from Fimware then click an the directory and select my boot.img and best the clavis recovery.img
    Download ==> when finished reboot in recovery and install the initd.zip from SD Card.

3. Latest SP Flashtool v5

5. .... More to come :)
    At the Moment i try to fix / minimize the Touchscreen sensetivity Problem
    I paste a few lines in the build.prob
    For the Touchscreen

# Touch screen calibration and scroll responsiveness
    debug.performance.tuning=1
    windowsmgr.max_events_per_sec=200
    view.touch_slop=8
    view.scroll_friction=1.5
    view.minimum_fling_velocity=25
    ro.max.fling_velocity=12000