FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Chuwi Hi8 Review, Unboxing, Root, FAQs, Accessories

421 posts
Thanks Meter: 125
 
Post Reply Email Thread
3rd July 2015, 12:19 AM |#11  
Senior Member
Flag Exeter
Thanks Meter: 67
 
Donate to Me
More
Spoke to dhl they said gearbest hasn't arranged collection yet. They also advised me gearbest setup a new tracking number on Wednesday evening., this time from Hong Kong instead of Singapore. As of right now they haven't arranged collection for that one either.

I would strongly advise against anyone buying these from gearbest right now. Something very underhanded is going on. They still insist it was shipped on Monday even when I presented them with the other tracking number. Telling me to wait another 3 to 7 days for it. I pad for 3 to 7 day shipping and it has been 7 days already and my package has not even left the warehouse.
3rd July 2015, 05:34 AM |#12  
Member
Flag Santa Clara
Thanks Meter: 12
 
More
I want to buy this, but I'm still waiting until the Roots and Custom Roms come in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GavTheStoner

Spoke to dhl they said gearbest hasn't arranged collection yet. They also advised me gearbest setup a new tracking number on Wednesday evening., this time from Hong Kong instead of Singapore. As of right now they haven't arranged collection for that one either.

I would strongly advise against anyone buying these from gearbest right now. Something very underhanded is going on. They still insist it was shipped on Monday even when I presented them with the other tracking number. Telling me to wait another 3 to 7 days for it. I pad for 3 to 7 day shipping and it has been 7 days already and my package has not even left the warehouse.

Don't worry too much about it. I've purchased from Gearbest multiple times and they have never disappointed me. Well, except for the fact that it takes pretty long. I never got scammed from them. They shouldn't cause you any problem as long as you just forget about the shipping date, because it WILL take a while.
The Following User Says Thank You to ayyyyylmao For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ayyyyylmao Ad-Free
4th July 2015, 11:05 AM |#13  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
So..... I'd like to make mine Windows only, free up some space.

Surely it won't be long before someone makes some tools/guide.... guys... guys?
7th July 2015, 05:09 PM |#14  
Senior Member
Flag Exeter
Thanks Meter: 67
 
Donate to Me
More
After much arguing with gearbest they setup another waybill and got it to me in 2 days...

Very nice tablet for the price!

ibfragalot check out this post to remove android and make it windows only. its for the vi8 but have just done it on my hi8 and works fine.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...7&postcount=77
The Following User Says Thank You to GavTheStoner For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift GavTheStoner Ad-Free
15th July 2015, 02:54 AM |#15  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 55
 
More
Hi guys!!
Can anyone confirm me how much free space you got on Windows and how much free space you got on Android? Is it 16gb-16gb? I believe Windows needs way more space than Android. Why no 64gb option? That would be perfect!!

Thanks
17th July 2015, 09:53 PM |#16  
touche112's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 15
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizera

Hi guys!!
Can anyone confirm me how much free space you got on Windows and how much free space you got on Android? Is it 16gb-16gb? I believe Windows needs way more space than Android. Why no 64gb option? That would be perfect!!

Thanks

It's around 16/16. Windows has 7.5GB free out of the box.
The Following User Says Thank You to touche112 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift touche112 Ad-Free
23rd July 2015, 10:36 PM |#17  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 12
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizera

Hi guys!!
Can anyone confirm me how much free space you got on Windows and how much free space you got on Android? Is it 16gb-16gb? I believe Windows needs way more space than Android. Why no 64gb option? That would be perfect!!

Thanks

The Android partition is 7gb (+1 system). The Windows partition is 22 or something.
The Following User Says Thank You to soulcrusher For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift soulcrusher Ad-Free
24th July 2015, 12:11 PM |#18  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 11
 
More
So cheap,I can't help buying this tablet,
24th July 2015, 06:54 PM |#19  
OP Account currently disabled
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 125
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by soulcrusher

The Android partition is 7gb (+1 system). The Windows partition is 22 or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolsunny

So cheap,I can't help buying this tablet,

So according to an unnamed source, the Chuwi Hi8 will be the very first tablet in the world to ship with Windows 10 and those of us who already have this tablet will be able to upgrade. This is a rumour, I don't know how true this is, being the first to ship with Windows 10, but it is a sign that Chuwi will probably put Windows 10 on the CHuwi Hi8. They also promised Lollipop as well.
25th July 2015, 02:25 AM |#20  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 12
 
More
Does anyone know how to remove the Windows partition? I cant get my head around how all the partitions work. And while there are lots of guides on how to remove Android I cant find any on how to remove Windows.

I also cant mount an sd card if it has a fat32 partition followed by a ext2 partition (for link2sd). Any ideas why?
27th July 2015, 08:23 AM |#21  
Member
Thanks Meter: 8
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by soulcrusher

Does anyone know how to remove the Windows partition? I cant get my head around how all the partitions work. And while there are lots of guides on how to remove Android I cant find any on how to remove Windows.

I also cant mount an sd card if it has a fat32 partition followed by a ext2 partition (for link2sd). Any ideas why?

The same thing happened to me. I can see the EXT partition and FAT32 won't mount. I can use Link2SD because it sees the EXT partition but I can't access any files I put on the first partition (FAT32). Have you found any solution? Thank you.

EDIT: One more thing, the FAT32 partition doesn't show up on Windows 8.1 either.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes