421 posts
Thanks Meter: 125

Post Reply Email Thread
27th July 2015, 08:23 AM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by soulcrusher

Does anyone know how to remove the Windows partition? I cant get my head around how all the partitions work. And while there are lots of guides on how to remove Android I cant find any on how to remove Windows.

I also cant mount an sd card if it has a fat32 partition followed by a ext2 partition (for link2sd). Any ideas why?

The same thing happened to me. I can see the EXT partition and FAT32 won't mount. I can use Link2SD because it sees the EXT partition but I can't access any files I put on the first partition (FAT32). Have you found any solution? Thank you.

EDIT: One more thing, the FAT32 partition doesn't show up on Windows 8.1 either.
27th July 2015, 05:55 PM |#22  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xdadevr

The same thing happened to me. I can see the EXT partition and FAT32 won't mount. I can use Link2SD because it sees the EXT partition but I can't access any files I put on the first partition (FAT32). Have you found any solution? Thank you.

EDIT: One more thing, the FAT32 partition doesn't show up on Windows 8.1 either.

I dont't have a fix but I do have a workaround. I made the fat32 partition only 1 gb and used the rest of the sd card for EXT2. On android this partition will be mounted to /data/sdext2 with Link2SD. You can install an app called Folder Mount and use that to create symbolic links between /sdcard and other places.

I have a Titanium backup folder on /data/sdext2/Titanium so I mounted that folder to /sdcard/Titanium. Works with other folders too! You can't access this folder via a pc though as symbolic links wont work there. Also you cannot use the ext2 partition in Windows obviously.
The Following User Says Thank You to soulcrusher For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift soulcrusher Ad-Free
28th July 2015, 03:29 AM |#23  

More
Quote:

I dont't have a fix but I do have a workaround. I made the fat32 partition only 1 gb and used the rest of the sd card for EXT2. On android this partition will be mounted to /data/sdext2 with Link2SD. You can install an app called Folder Mount and use that to create symbolic links between /sdcard and other places.

I have a Titanium backup folder on /data/sdext2/Titanium so I mounted that folder to /sdcard/Titanium. Works with other folders too! You can't access this folder via a pc though as symbolic links wont work there. Also you cannot use the ext2 partition in Windows obviously.

Hi soulcrusher, thank you for your response. I just did that. But now I realised that I still can't put my music there because most of music player (I use PowerAmp) doesn't have root access. Do you have any workaround for this?

EDIT: I managed to change the permission (chown/chmod) via ADB shell. But how do I apply this automatically on boot? Thanks.
30th July 2015, 06:37 PM |#24  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xdadevr

Hi soulcrusher, thank you for your response. I just did that. But now I realised that I still can't put my music there because most of music player (I use PowerAmp) doesn't have root access. Do you have any workaround for this?

EDIT: I managed to change the permission (chown/chmod) via ADB shell. But how do I apply this automatically on boot? Thanks.

Oh I didn't think about non-root apps accessing the folder. How did you change permissions?

Check this out: Running scripts on boot
31st July 2015, 04:08 AM |#25  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zijin_cheng

Rumours:
So according to an unnamed source, the Chuwi Hi8 will be the very first tablet in the world to ship with Windows 10 and those of us who already have this tablet will be able to upgrade. This is a rumour, I don't know how true this is, being the first to ship with Windows 10, but it is a sign that Chuwi will probably put Windows 10 on the CHuwi Hi8. They also promised Lollipop as well.

If you have any questions about the Chuwi Hi8, the review, unboxing etc, post in below!

I have Chuwi Hi8. Comes with 4.4.4. I don't see any System Update option in Android mode so I'm unsure how it will take the Lollipop update without side loading other ROM.
31st July 2015, 05:08 PM |#26  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Thumbs down Bad experience
I have bought chuwi hi8 via DealExtreme at a very hugh price 109€ and it is the worst tablet i ever tried. The machive overheats all the time. If you restore windows you lose the O.S. swaping app. Youtube on android is limited to 720p. The ambedded video on android crashes 40% of the time. And the Multi user options on android does not exist.

If you brighten the screen on windows via energy saving, windows crashes all the time and becomes unusable, The audio works via WDM compatibility.

See why i write this post on my videos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKd-rPahPHo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRp7Fgyim9k

And finally the RMA is very difficult.
3rd August 2015, 05:31 AM |#27  

More
Quote:

Oh I didn't think about non-root apps accessing the folder. How did you change permissions?

Check this out: Running scripts on boot

I accessed the device through adb:

Code:
> adb shell
# you will need root access
> su
# then go to the parent folder where your destination folder for mount folder is
# mine will be like this
> cd /data/sdext2
# then change owner of the folder
> chown -R media_rw:media_rw mount-folder-destination
# change permission to 0755
> chmod 0755 mount-folder-destination
And apparently the permission is preserved after reboot.
10th August 2015, 08:18 PM |#28  

More
Does anyone knows of this tablet is faster or slower than the LG G Pad 8.3 (V500) with a Snapdragon 600 and 2 GB of RAM?
11th August 2015, 07:31 PM |#29  
Thanks Meter: 55

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitser

Does anyone knows of this tablet is faster or slower than the LG G Pad 8.3 (V500) with a Snapdragon 600 and 2 GB of RAM?

I can't say on day-by-day experience, however at least when it comes to Benchmarks, the Chuwi Hi8 does much better than the LG G Pad 8.3 (Antutu around 32k of the Chuwi against 25k of the LG G Pad 8.3)
11th August 2015, 09:38 PM |#30  

More
That's what I hoped. I already sold my G Pad and waiting for Chuwi HI8 from Geekbuying. So I think this was a good choice. Thanx for your reply.
13th August 2015, 09:02 AM |#31  

More
Hi, I got my Chuwi Hi8 yesterday and since then Win8 is constantly crashing. The error is bad_pool_header. Can someone please help me fix this bug?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)