FORUMS

[OSP] PA-CEQ - Community Equalizer for Poweramp and more.

30 posts
Thanks Meter: 11

By AndroidOSDeveloper, Member on 2nd December 2019, 03:51 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Before I start, credit must be due to the idea and original concept.
@San_X for the Balanced Settings back in 2014 concept linked here - https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho....php?t=2674303

Hi.
I would like to introduce to you all a community-driven equalizer for Poweramp and for other devices called PA-CEQ a.k.a PowerAmp Community Equalizer. Although the name suggests it only applies to Poweramp, it can also apply to other devices like car stereos, iOS, computers, etc.

PA-CEQ or PowerAmp Community Equalizer is a community driven equalizer for Poweramp which can also be applied to other devices which is tested on the Sennheiser HD598, Focal Utopia and Origaudio Lunatune with no USB DAC and with and a 3.5mm jack and a Apple USB-C to 3.5mm Adapter.

I am aware that this has been posted 5 years ago on the XDA forums. I actually used that preset before making PA-CEQ but felt something off about it. Apart from some music sounding off, I prefered a non-bass and non-treble based preset and only a dB increase or decrease and that there wasn't a estimated dB range for that XDA post so it was up to a guess to determine the EQ if it was 11.X or 12.X for different ranges and what songs that person used. PA-CEQ is actually based on the same preset with some major dB and Bass/Treble changes.

The difference between the old XDA preset and PA-CEQ is the ranges and the tone. There is 0 reliance of bass and treble in the app and are based off the dB Equalizer in the app instead of a deeper and louder bass and louder treble with a dB preset. Along with only dB reliance, a saved preset to transfer to other devices and visibility for other apps and OS's that don't have PowerAmp or to Windows, and car radios.

How do you install PA-CEQ?
Go to Releases linked on Github (open-source FTW) and download the latest `PA-CEQ.zip` file in there and apply it to your device. Please read the `Read First.md` file in the folder before configuring.

Only DVC and Equalizer were used. No Dolby Atmos, Adapt Sound, Android EQ, MusicFX, Stereo Expand, Balance, Reverb, Bass, Tone, Limit and Treble at 60% Volume.
Headphones as stated are the Sennheiser HD598 and Focal Utopia. Additional testing with a Apple USB-C to 3.5mm Adapter and Origaudio Lunatune.
Song Test Section are in the Github Wiki. Tested with MP3's and FLAC off Google Play and CD Rips.

If you have any suggestions or issues with this preset, don't be afraid to be critical of it and message your concerns here, the Poweramp forums, or on Github as a Pull Request of a new preset or a Issue.

There might be a PA-CEQ Preset with Bass and Treble but still TBD as I prefer less use of Bass and Treble for songs. PA-CEQ is GNU GPL v3
Attached Files
File Type: zip PA-CEQ.zip - [Click for QR Code] (647.5 KB, 26 views)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AndroidOSDeveloper For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift AndroidOSDeveloper Ad-Free
2nd December 2019, 03:52 AM |#2  
OP Member

More
Reserved for any needed added info. Not a bump.
2nd December 2019, 04:00 AM |#3  
OP Member

More
For anyone wanting to compare or find a estimate equalizer to San_X's settings, here is a link to it. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CQm...w?usp=drivesdk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AndroidOSDeveloper For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift AndroidOSDeveloper Ad-Free
6th December 2019, 05:53 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Import in power amp and not eq preset is loaded just the one I had previously up.... Doesn't change anything.
21st January 2020, 11:26 PM |#5  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikothebarber

Import in power amp and not eq preset is loaded just the one I had previously up.... Doesn't change anything.

Sorry for the lateness. Had a job and university courses to focus on at the time. Are you sure you put the file from Github to the right folder location being Android/data/_com.maxmp.poweramp.audioplayer?

Should be loading it up.
4th March 2020, 07:25 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Thanks!
5th August 2020, 11:25 AM |#7  
Flag Athens
Thanks Meter: 16

More
I tried it with Samsung S8 & JBL Flip 5 Bluetooth speaker...I prefer little more bass...is there a possibility to have a newer file?
9th August 2020, 09:15 AM |#8  
Flag Cuddalore
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Not working for me. Preset was not loaded. Help me please
9th August 2020, 01:22 PM |#9  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xalaros10

I tried it with Samsung S8 & JBL Flip 5 Bluetooth speaker...I prefer little more bass...is there a possibility to have a newer file?

There is a bass mode option which is based off the old preset by the original dev I think on Github, else I can maybe see it? I normally don't use bass on music myself since I feel it ruins the original punch but at min you can do like 45% Bass manualy?
9th August 2020, 01:23 PM |#10  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamilkhadar01

Not working for me. Preset was not loaded. Help me please

Did you download the right preset? Alternatively you can go on Github and look at the equalizer screenshots and do the preset from there.
9th August 2020, 02:18 PM |#11  
Flag Athens
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroidOSDeveloper

There is a bass mode option which is based off the old preset by the original dev I think on Github, else I can maybe see it? I normally don't use bass on music myself since I feel it ruins the original punch but at min you can do like 45% Bass manualy?

Where is this bass mode option and what exactly adjust for 45% Bass manualy?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)